Eric Trump joins 'Justice with Judge Jeanine' on the state of the 2020 race and the President's last-minute campaign blitz.
Eric Trump joins 'Justice with Judge Jeanine' on the state of the 2020 race and the President's last-minute campaign blitz.
If anyone is being "too picky," as the subreddit suggests, it's definitely this parent.
If you had "radioactive-looking slime bubbling up from the sewers" on your 2020 bingo card, cross it off.
VANCOUVER — An Indigenous man from British Columbia has filed complaints with the BC Human Rights Tribunal and the Canadian Human Rights Commission after he and his granddaughter were handcuffed when they tried to open a bank account. Maxwell Johnson's complaint says both he and his 12-year-old granddaughter were detained last December by Vancouver police officers when they tried to open an account at the Bank of Montreal using their Indigenous status cards.His complaint alleges that the bank called 911 over an identification issue because they are Indigenous, while it accuses the police of racial profiling that led to their detention and the use of handcuffs. Const. Tania Visintin of the Vancouver Police Department says in a statement that the circumstances are regrettable and that the actions of the responding officers are being investigated.The Bank of Montreal could not be immediately reached for comment, but it has previously apologized for how the incident was handled, saying that it "does not reflect us at our best."Johnson is seeking compensation and wants a public apology from the Vancouver Police Board, the police department and the bank. Johnson released details of the human rights complaint in a news release issued on the website of the Heiltsuk First Nation in Bella Bella. He and his granddaughter are members of the First Nation in Bella Bella.This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 23, 2020.The Canadian Press
Indiana is entering its fourth season under head coach Archie Miller on Wednesday against Tennessee Tech with high expectations. Indiana was on the brink of making the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2016 before the postseason was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Threats of games being postponed due to the pandemic still loom, but Indiana remains on track to start on time and continue a challenging non-conference schedule.
General Motors won’t support the Trump administration’s attempts to strip California of the right to set its own fuel emissions standard.
WASHINGTON — Joe Biden’s pick to be the next U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, a low-key, veteran foreign service officer, reflects the president-elect's intent to return to a more traditional role at the world body as well as offer an olive branch to a beleaguered diplomatic corps.If confirmed by the Senate, Linda Thomas-Greenfield, would be neither the first African American nor the first woman, nor even the first African American woman, to serve as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations. But she’s a groundbreaking diplomat nonetheless. Thomas-Greenfield joined the State Department more than three decades ago, when Black women were even more of a rarity in the U.S. diplomatic corps than they are today.That makes her the most experienced diplomat of the six people named by Biden for top national security positions on Monday. Her tenure at the State Department rivals that of previous U.N. ambassadors like Richard Holbrooke, John Negroponte and Thomas Pickering, all of them white men.Thomas-Greenfield's background positions her well to carry out Biden’s goal of returning the United States to a role as a leading force at the world body, after four years of an administration that has had little use for multilateralism or international organizations.“My mother taught me to lead with the power of kindness and compassion to make the world a better place,” she said in a tweet Monday. “I’ve carried that lesson with me throughout my career in Foreign Service – and, if confirmed, will do the same as Ambassador to the United Nations.”Biden's office announced on Monday his intent to Thomas-Greenfield, who currently heads his transition team for the State Department, and for the job to retain its Cabinet-level rank.She is a 35-year veteran of the State Department who served as ambassador to Liberia, director general of the foreign service and top diplomat for Africa before being forced out during the early months of the Trump administration.While she won’t be the first African American to serve as America’s U.N. envoy — Andrew Young, who held the job during President Jimmy Carter’s administration, holds that distinction — Thomas-Greenfield’s selection is a signal to Biden supporters that his diversity message and plan to elevate career diplomats is not just lip service.Biden also named two white men, Antony Blinken and Jake Sullivan, to top positions in his administration — respectively, secretary of state and national security adviser, and so Thomas-Greenfield's appointment will offer a balance. Susan Rice, who was also under consideration to be secretary of state, was the first African American woman to hold the U.N. post, but she was not a career foreign service officer, though she held a senior State Department position in President Bill Clinton’s administration.Other than secretary of state, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations is often the most high-profile foreign policy portfolio in a presidential administration. The influence of these ambassadors has waxed and waned depending on the nature of the president and secretary of state, but Democratic administrations have traditionally leaned more heavily on them than Republicans have.Thomas-Greenfield's immediate predecessors — all women — highlight that dichotomy: Rice, Samantha Power, Nikki Haley and Kelly Craft.When then-President-elect Barack Obama named Rice to the job after being elected in 2008 and announced that the position would return to the Cabinet after eight years during George W. Bush's administration, he did so at the same time as announcing that his Democratic primary rival, Hillary Clinton, would be his secretary of state.At the U.N., Rice was clearly influential in the Obama administration, and Power followed suit after she replaced Rice when Rice was named national security adviser, retaining Cabinet rank. Haley, the former South Carolina governor, won some plaudits during Trump's early years in office but was dogged by persistent reports of clashes with the president's first secretary of state, Rex Tillerson. Craft, by contrast, has played a far less-high profile role since taking over the U.N. job.Even before the transition made it public, Thomas-Greenfield’s expected nomination, along with that of Blinken's, was hailed by a number of former Democratic foreign policy appointees.Thomas-Greenfield “is a valued colleague and veteran diplomat who will restore US leadership and co-operation at the UN,” said former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, for whose consulting company, Albright Stonebridge, the nominee now works.“This will be a phenomenal team,” said Power. “(They) bring decency, professionalism, judgment, and decades of foreign policy experience to these essential jobs. And America will be SO well served."Matthew Lee, The Associated Press
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) _ Ambarella Inc. (AMBA) on Monday reported a loss of $17.1 million in its fiscal third quarter.On a per-share basis, the Santa Clara, California-based company said it had a loss of 49 cents. Earnings, adjusted for stock option expense, came to 9 cents per share.The results beat Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of nine analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 5 cents per share.The video-compression chipmaker posted revenue of $56.1 million in the period, which also beat Street forecasts. Six analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $54.1 million.For the current quarter ending in January, Ambarella said it expects revenue in the range of $56 million to $60 million.Ambarella shares have increased 9.5% since the beginning of the year. In the final minutes of trading on Monday, shares hit $66.31, an increase of 22% in the last 12 months._____This story was generated by Automated Insights (http://automatedinsights.com/ap) using data from Zacks Investment Research. Access a Zacks stock report on AMBA at https://www.zacks.com/ap/AMBAThe Associated Press
Save on Verizon Fios deals at the Black Friday 2020 sale, featuring cable service deals
Texas Pacific Land Trust (NYSE: TPL) ("the Trust") announced today that its Trustees have declared a special cash dividend of $10.00 per sub-share certificate. The special cash dividend, which will be payable on December 17, 2020 to sub-shareholders of record as of the close of business on December 11, 2020, increases the Trust’s cumulative 2020 regular and special dividend offerings to $26.00 per share and represents $201.7 million returned to shareholders this year.
Save on a wide selection of vacuum cleaner deals at the Black Friday sale, featuring Shark ION, Miele, Roomba, and Dyson discounts
Our round-up of all the latest 75 & 70 inch TV deals for Black Friday 2020, including deals on TCL, Samsung and more smart TVs
The best Cyber Monday décor and home furnishing deals you can get at Home Depot right now
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — No. 6 Florida will have standout tight end Kyle Pitts back for Saturday’s game against Kentucky.Pitts missed the last weeks following a vicious hit against Georgia that caused a concussion and did enough damage to his nose that he needed surgery.“He’s another weapon that we’re adding into the game, the rotation,” coach Dan Mullen said Monday. “He’s got to go battle for some playing time right now. Those other guys are playing pretty good.“He’s such a playmaker. He’s such a leader and brings such great personality, as well, to the team. Just having him back on the field is going to be great for everybody, and … the matchup problem that he causes defences.”The 6-foot-6 junior from Philadelphia has 24 receptions for 414 yards and a team-leading eight touchdowns this season. His play has been instrumental in making the Gators (6-1) one of the most dynamic offences in the Southeastern Conference and in the country. Florida ranks seventh nationally in scoring (45.8. points a game) and 12th in total offence (511.7 yards).Pitts opened eyes by scoring six touchdowns in the first two games and has commanded double teams and bracket coverage since, creating more one-on-one opportunities for teammates Kadarius Toney, Trevon Grimes and Justin Shorter.Backup tight ends Kemore Gamble and Keon Zipperer have filled in nicely, with Gamble catching two touchdown passes last week at Vanderbilt and Zipperer getting two the previous week against Arkansas.“Obviously Pitts brings a lot of mismatches to defences, but at the same time, we have so many great tight ends and receivers, so many weapons overall,” quarterback Kyle Trask said. “I’m still going to trust my guys to get open no matter who’s out there, so obviously it doesn’t change a whole lot for me as far as going through my reads because I’m just trying to read the defence and find the open guy at the end of the day.”Pitts was knocked out Nov. 7 in the second quarter against Georgia when safety Lewis Cine delivered a crushing blow over the middle. Cine was ejected for targeting. Pitts spent the rest of the game in the locker room.He had surgery days later.Mullen said he was never concerned the hit and its repercussions would prompt Pitts to even consider opting out of the season, a trend teams across the country as seeing as they deal with coaching changes or get eliminated from championship contention.“He wanted to go play this past weekend,” Mullen said. “I don’t think that was ever something that popped up. I think if you just look at his competitive spirit, who he is, he’s played with a competitive chip all year. He wants to continue to do that.”Also on the injury front, Mullen said linebacker James Houston will return against the Wildcats (3-5). Houston missed the last two games because of an unspecified injury.___More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25Mark Long, The Associated Press
Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Jesse Davis, who has started every game this season at three different positions, went on the reserve-COVID-19 list Monday. The Dolphins already had defensive tackle Christian Wilkins on the list, and he has missed the past two games. The team was also without several assistant coaches for two games because of COVID protocols.
Kroll Bond Rating Agency (KBRA) releases its ABS 2021 Sector Outlook, which examines recent ABS credit trends, spread performance, supply expectations, rating changes, as well as recent performance in our auto loan and unsecured consumer loan indices.
The teams entered into a partnership built around their schedules.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expects to be able to call upon Paul Pogba as Manchester United prepare to face Istanbul Basaksehir. The midfielder was conspicuous by his absence from the squad for Saturday's 1-0 win against West Brom, but should shake off a knock to face the Turkish side. Dean Henderson made his European debut against Basaksehir in gameweek three and has since gone onto make his senior England bow.
While the Netflix drama’s take on the narrative of the young Diana is entertainment and not a documentary, it’s bringing her story to a whole new generation.
BRAMPTON, Ont. — Loblaw Companies Ltd. is expanding the launch of its mobile health and wellness app, a free digital tool the company says will help Canadians navigate the health-care system as the company further expands its pharmacy and health businesses.The app comes amid an expansion of digital health technologies and increasing efforts by retailers to extend customer experience – and loyalty – beyond the traditional brick-and-mortar store.In September, Loblaw subsidiary Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. spent $75 million on a minority stake in telemedicine company Maple Corp., which helps connect people with doctors and medical specialists using a smartphone or computer.Shoppers Drug Mart president Jeff Leger said the PC Health app could become the hub of the company's health care offerings by seamlessly connecting users with pharmacists, dieticians, nurses and physicians. "It's a digital front door for health care," he said in an interview. "We believe we have a strong public health-care system but it can sometimes be challenging to navigate. This is intended to help with that."The grocery and pharmacy retailer first launched the PC Health app in Atlantic Canada last month. It's now available to download in Ontario, British Columbia and Alberta.Loblaw plans to expand the app nationally over the coming months while also adding features such as virtual physician care and digital pharmacy access. Leger said the PC Health app leverages its in-house expertise in health, nutrition and wellness to help connect users with information, support and access to different health professionals."Our view is that pharmacies over the next couple of years are going to play a greater role in the delivery of primary care in the community," he said, noting that pharmacists are increasingly turned to for vaccinations, minor ailments and support with chronic illness. The app provides access to registered nurses and dietitians via live chat. It also offers custom digital health programs that reward users with the company's PC Optimum points.The programs range from nutrition programs and physical exercise to mental health and anxiety management.The advice can include meal planning, where to find a local doctor or better understanding sleep habits. For example, customers can fill out a health profile on the app and receive personalized recommendations. They can also set their own personal health goals, such as increasing physical activity, and sign up for a walking program. They would then gain points for completing their daily activity goals."We know that changing behaviour is not easy, especially in health care," Leger said. "We think that adding some incentives with PC Optimum can help make small nudges towards healthier behaviour."This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 23, 2020.Companies in this story: (TSX:L)The Canadian Press
Windsor Mayor Drew Dilkens broke COVID-19 regulations Wednesday last week when he dined at the Nico Taverna restaurant with seven other people at the table.Just hours eariler, Dilkens was among mayors from the region who called for a "zero tolerance approach" when it comes to enforcement of COVID-19 regulations.At the time, Windsor-Essex was under yellow "protect" status on Ontario's COVID-19 response framework — and the maximum number of people allowed to be at a table together was six. CBC News was made aware of the incident after it was sent a photo of the dinner group that was posted to Facebook.After inquiries from CBC News, Dilkens made a statement to city council Monday afternoon. He called the incident an "unfortunate error on my part" that "should not have occurred.""As mayor, there is responsibility for me to lead by example and showcase to all in our region that we need to follow all restrictions and guidelines to the letter," he said.Though Dilkens has not received a ticket or a notice of bylaw infraction, he said he will make a donation of equivalent value to Windsor Goodfellows. The amount is $750.