No matching results for ''
Tip: Try a valid symbol or a specific company name for relevant results
Canada markets closed
Synchrony Financial (SYF)
NYSE - Nasdaq Real Time Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
At close: 04:00PM EST
760 reactions on $SYF conversation
Sign in to post a message.
If you’re a day trader, you should definitely check out (
). They send a watchlist covering the top pre-market movers every day before the open. It’s a great way to pick out potential trades for the day.
What’s going on with this stock?
Synchrony has issues. They are taking the 'return problem' on the chin from their retail partners. Not to mention the inability of end users to pay their bills. I see defaults coming and losses.
Guys any thoughts on the react price actions. I'm still long, and will continue to be unless something like fraud happens in the company, I'm pretty confident. Just some weird stuff going on. Stock didn't participate when bonds rallied up to 1.7 something and instead has been correcting. I assume this correction will actually be beneficial. Many funds, especially momentum funds, have to rebalance next week and I think this recent move from 42.50 to 39 is just giving these guys a better entry point. Still maintain my price target of somewhere between $60 and $70 by the end of the year.
This is a $60-70 stock this year easily and I'm looking for triple digits within 2 years. When you look at the investment thesis with this stock, the list goes on and on.
1. It's breaking out of a 3 year pattern where it found resistance at the same level we are now in arguably the best shape it has ever been in.
2. The stock and financials in general has underperformed the market for too long. It doesn't matter what percent its up from November, relative to the market it still has a long way to go.
3. The stock is tied in with the economic recovery and especially the consumer, providing loans and credit to every single sector. As consumer credit improves and stimulus helps bridge the gap the company will only generate more revenue.
4. As the company is extremely tied in with the consumer, it had to hold tons of money for reserve, even more than J.P. Morgan and Goldman. As credit and the consumer improve, just think about how much cash they can release back into their operations.
5. Synchrony Financial is clearly shareholder friendly, looking to boost the value of the people truly believe in the company with the 1.6 Million buyback. Additionally, when they release their reserve money, look for them to buyback even more stock as it trades extremely cheaply.
6. Just look at the 10 Y T-Bill, all financials will benefit from rising rates.
7. Unlike many financial stocks, Synchrony actually focused on establishing organic growth for the company post-pandemic. The Venmo card it launched with PayPal essentially links it with the largest virtual bank and the millions of customers PayPal has. This provides a nice runway for double digit growth in the next 2-3 years and sustained single digit growth following that.
8. A majority of the stores who issue cards with Synchrony have contracts with it extending past 2025. We know for certain that this thing is going to be a cash cow till at least 2025.
9. The only things that will stop this stock is if either the consumer doesn't recover fully or the economic growth we are going to see for the next 2-3 years stalls and hits a wall. I significantly doubt both. With all the stimulus in the market and the surprisingly positive February jobs report, we are heading to one of the strongest consumers we have seen. Furthermore, an accommodative Fed that would that sell their soul to achieve the employment rate that they wish should dispel any fear of a weak consumer. The more likely outcome for some of these financial, energy, and industrial stocks is if economic growth stall and would likely lead to a sell-off. Then stock picking will be very important, and if you own this one, you're going to be in a good spot.
One more thing, I see that a lot of people were talking about firms upgrading the stock and giving price targets, that doesn't matter. What are they going to do if the stock runs to $60, downgrade it? The thing trades near 9 times forward earnings and PEG of just under 0.4. Forget about what these firms say, everyone who is in this stock is a smart investor, not one of these reddit investors who could care less about valuations and fundamental analysis. Stick with your gut and believe in your pick. Sit back and enjoy the ride with this one, its going to be a nice 4-5 years with this stock.
Yahoo Finance Insights
SYF is down 4.90% to 44.81
cost per share 14.4-19.8 = -5.4 , so they give you five bucks when you buy this share and it earns five dollars a year. It is a good day to be alive and looking for deals. I'd love to put my whole portfolio in this but there so much else that is a fantastic deal. Come what may this will be harder and harder to beat as the best deal on the street.
I am laughing in buying this business that will generate profits for years to come with increase interest charges if people is out of work temporarily. The interest charge from the increase that will well offset any loan loss provision.
Maybe 35 going toward 40 once the hedge funds and institutional traders chime in
earnings coming out soon - hoping for a large share repurchase to be announced with the capital freed up from reserves for the Walmart portfolio sale. I think up to 6B will be available over the next few qtrs.and the board was exploring options during the last conference call
Warren Buffett seems to have increased stake in SYF! Bullish!
Warren Buffett may add to the position. Just like American Express, when it walk away from the Costco account cause profit margin is low, AMX tanks to 50-55, look at where AMX is today. Winning and losing accounts are part of the business, great management can adjust the actions accordingly. I am bullish on SYF , partly because WB team, partly because consumer spending is on the rise.
Shares short doubled in 1 month? Not sure I would be shorting this with 4B buyback in place - not much to gain and plenty to lose if they are on the wrong side IMHO
Please note that Synchrony Financial also issues cards for AMAZON...
That's on top of many other large companies like Lowe's, Williams Sonoma, Havertys, etc... Moreover, and unlike Mastercard and Visa, Synchrony is a less expensive alternative for the merchants and can retain its relationships in hard time.
Yes we are heading into a recession and millions of American consumers have lost their jobs, but don't expect SYF to go belly up because of bad loans
Lastly, there's a guy called Warren Buffett who is a major Synchrony shareholder and I trust that he will not let his investment turn sour...
Technically this stock is basing and it is looking better each passing day. I owned this stock several times and traded it. Now truthfully, although I have small positions, I am looking to increase those positions. This reminds me of TEVA another one of Buffett's stocks. I got a nice gift today from Teva, I think the same will happen at SYF in the near future.
Even if revenue and net income stayed flat for rest of year that's close to $10B rev and $5B net income. The margins are insanely good. The average analyst target of $57.50 is a complete joke. This should be at $60 minimum
Did you all see the news about the amazon portfolio? Could be massive news for syf... hopefully they win it over amex. Could increase their loan portfolio massively. Bullish. Even now with current earnings at about a little over a dollar a quarter... see 65+ within the next year. on a 14 multiple... they will maintain dividends + massive buybacks. Killer stock. Cash Cow. Buy.
AXP , JPM, BAC all have PE higher than SYF , I assume that means SYF still have some head room to run ... may be into mid 30's?
what else does management have to do to get this price up? earnings, buybacks and dividend climbing way higher than last two years, but not close to all time high. unreal
Earnings Whisper is $1.13
Potential nice beat!
Fauci: Worst case scenario for 2022 is variant that eludes vaccine protection
Where new home prices have shot up the most in Canada
Yahoo Finance Canada
X-Men, Avengers assemble to invest record US$620 million in Toronto's 1Password
The Canadian Press
© 2022 Yahoo
About Our Ads