No matching results for ''
Tip: Try a valid symbol or a specific company name for relevant results
Canada markets close in 2 hours 50 minutes
MARKETS LIVE BLOG
STOCKS EXTEND GAINS AS MORE EARNINGS ROLL IN, BITCOIN SETS ALL-TIME HIGH
Adobe expects a record U.S. online holiday shopping season despite widespread supply shortages
Synchrony Financial (SYF)
NYSE - Nasdaq Real Time Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
As of 1:10PM EDT. Market open.
753 reactions on $SYF conversation
Sign in to post a message.
Even if revenue and net income stayed flat for rest of year that's close to $10B rev and $5B net income. The margins are insanely good. The average analyst target of $57.50 is a complete joke. This should be at $60 minimum
Phenomenally run company.
Earnings are tomorrow morning buy now!!!
I don’t know how I ever traded without using (
)! I look forward to their daily emails each morning that list pre-market movers based on thoroughly researched stock market and world news. I highly recommend anyone who invests in the stock market!
"Sell us your stock at $5 below market" - Love, TRC
Synchrony Financial announced today that it received notice of an unsolicited "mini-tender" offer by TRC Capital Corporation (TRC) to purchase up to 2.5 million shares of Synchrony's common stock at a price of $47.00 per share in cash. The offering price is 4.47 percent below the closing price per share of Synchrony's common stock on August 20, 2021, the last trading day before the offer was commenced. The offer is for approximately 0.44% of the outstanding shares of Synchrony's common stock.
Meaty volume today
749,000 shares bought AH. Considering that's about 15% of the average daily volume I'd say that's significant. Another gem that no one cares about. Unlikely but would be nice to see a pop with a strong ER, but I'm not complaining, financials are going be desirable with interest rates rising
Why is this is so ridiculously cheap? Because interest rates are low/money still flowing to sexy tech plays with negative eps and horrendous cash burn and margins? HF algo trading because it's 99% institutionally owned? Mediocre management? Any ideas? I know float is 500M but they have huge margins, FCF, no need for offerings. Why aren't they buying back shares, making acquisitions, increase div? They got some upgrades recently -- where do you see this eoy? Is 55-60 reasonable? Seems dirt cheap, what am I missing
what happened after hours?
Warren Buffet is the King and he owns 20 million shares of SYF.
This is a $60-70 stock this year easily and I'm looking for triple digits within 2 years. When you look at the investment thesis with this stock, the list goes on and on.
1. It's breaking out of a 3 year pattern where it found resistance at the same level we are now in arguably the best shape it has ever been in.
2. The stock and financials in general has underperformed the market for too long. It doesn't matter what percent its up from November, relative to the market it still has a long way to go.
3. The stock is tied in with the economic recovery and especially the consumer, providing loans and credit to every single sector. As consumer credit improves and stimulus helps bridge the gap the company will only generate more revenue.
4. As the company is extremely tied in with the consumer, it had to hold tons of money for reserve, even more than J.P. Morgan and Goldman. As credit and the consumer improve, just think about how much cash they can release back into their operations.
5. Synchrony Financial is clearly shareholder friendly, looking to boost the value of the people truly believe in the company with the 1.6 Million buyback. Additionally, when they release their reserve money, look for them to buyback even more stock as it trades extremely cheaply.
6. Just look at the 10 Y T-Bill, all financials will benefit from rising rates.
7. Unlike many financial stocks, Synchrony actually focused on establishing organic growth for the company post-pandemic. The Venmo card it launched with PayPal essentially links it with the largest virtual bank and the millions of customers PayPal has. This provides a nice runway for double digit growth in the next 2-3 years and sustained single digit growth following that.
8. A majority of the stores who issue cards with Synchrony have contracts with it extending past 2025. We know for certain that this thing is going to be a cash cow till at least 2025.
9. The only things that will stop this stock is if either the consumer doesn't recover fully or the economic growth we are going to see for the next 2-3 years stalls and hits a wall. I significantly doubt both. With all the stimulus in the market and the surprisingly positive February jobs report, we are heading to one of the strongest consumers we have seen. Furthermore, an accommodative Fed that would that sell their soul to achieve the employment rate that they wish should dispel any fear of a weak consumer. The more likely outcome for some of these financial, energy, and industrial stocks is if economic growth stall and would likely lead to a sell-off. Then stock picking will be very important, and if you own this one, you're going to be in a good spot.
One more thing, I see that a lot of people were talking about firms upgrading the stock and giving price targets, that doesn't matter. What are they going to do if the stock runs to $60, downgrade it? The thing trades near 9 times forward earnings and PEG of just under 0.4. Forget about what these firms say, everyone who is in this stock is a smart investor, not one of these reddit investors who could care less about valuations and fundamental analysis. Stick with your gut and believe in your pick. Sit back and enjoy the ride with this one, its going to be a nice 4-5 years with this stock.
Guys any thoughts on the react price actions. I'm still long, and will continue to be unless something like fraud happens in the company, I'm pretty confident. Just some weird stuff going on. Stock didn't participate when bonds rallied up to 1.7 something and instead has been correcting. I assume this correction will actually be beneficial. Many funds, especially momentum funds, have to rebalance next week and I think this recent move from 42.50 to 39 is just giving these guys a better entry point. Still maintain my price target of somewhere between $60 and $70 by the end of the year.
cost per share 14.4-19.8 = -5.4 , so they give you five bucks when you buy this share and it earns five dollars a year. It is a good day to be alive and looking for deals. I'd love to put my whole portfolio in this but there so much else that is a fantastic deal. Come what may this will be harder and harder to beat as the best deal on the street.
I am laughing in buying this business that will generate profits for years to come with increase interest charges if people is out of work temporarily. The interest charge from the increase that will well offset any loan loss provision.
Maybe 35 going toward 40 once the hedge funds and institutional traders chime in
earnings coming out soon - hoping for a large share repurchase to be announced with the capital freed up from reserves for the Walmart portfolio sale. I think up to 6B will be available over the next few qtrs.and the board was exploring options during the last conference call
Warren Buffett seems to have increased stake in SYF! Bullish!
Warren Buffett may add to the position. Just like American Express, when it walk away from the Costco account cause profit margin is low, AMX tanks to 50-55, look at where AMX is today. Winning and losing accounts are part of the business, great management can adjust the actions accordingly. I am bullish on SYF , partly because WB team, partly because consumer spending is on the rise.
Newfoundland and Labrador says soft drink tax coming in 2022 will be Canada's first
The Canadian Press
Prices in Canada rise at fastest pace in more than 18 years
Yahoo Finance Canada
Flair Airlines expands fleet, adds 14 new routes in Canada and U.S.
The Canadian Press
© 2021 Verizon Media. All rights reserved.
About Our Ads