|Bid||N/A x N/A|
|Ask||N/A x N/A|
|Day's Range||4.0000 - 4.0000|
|52 Week Range||2.0500 - 4.3100|
|Beta (5Y Monthly)||1.81|
|PE Ratio (TTM)||14.29|
|Forward Dividend & Yield||0.07 (1.69%)|
|Ex-Dividend Date||Mar 30, 2023|
|1y Target Est||N/A|
Ireland's two dominant banks, AIB Group and Bank of Ireland, expect commercial real estate values to fall this year but said this week conservative underwriting in their lending to the sector will make any revaluation manageable. Ireland's largest life insurer Irish Life, a unit of Canada's Great-West Lifeco Inc, introduced a six-month notice period for withdrawal requests from a 500-million-euro ($526.95-million) property fund on Monday, citing an increase in the level of customer withdrawals. The commercial property market is facing a challenging period due to the reduction of office demand and consequences of higher interest rates, Colin Hunt, chief executive of AIB, the country's largest mortgage lender, said on Thursday.
Ireland sold 5% of Allied Irish Banks (AIB) to institutional investors for 396.6 million euros ($396.24 million), the finance ministry said on Tuesday, part of a drive to sell down bank stakes acquired during the financial crisis. Dublin began gradually selling shares in AIB for the first time since a 2017 IPO at the start of the year through a share trading plan, and Monday's placing marked the second time in five months it has sold a 5% stake in one go. As a result of the placing, at 2.96 euros per share via an accelerated book build, the overall size of Ireland's shareholding will be reduced from to 57% from 62%, Finance Minister Paschal Donohoe said in a statement.
The Irish government received more than enough demand to cover the sale of 8% of its majority stake in Allied Irish Banks (AIB) in an accelerated book build on Monday, one of the joint bookrunners said. As a result of the placing, the overall size of Ireland's shareholding will be reduced from 62.9% to 57%, Finance Minister Paschal Donohoe said in a statement. Ireland pumped 64 billion euros ($64.2 billion), or almost 40% of its then annual economic output, into the country's banks just over a decade ago following a huge property crash.
The CMA said that the survey promotes competition between providers.
Allied Irish Banks on Friday shelved plans to drop cash services in 70 of its 170 branches after a major political backlash against the decision over its likely impact on small businesses and rural communities. The bank, which is 63% owned by the government and is the country's largest mortgage lender, announced the plan on Tuesday, saying that the cost of providing cash services was becoming "increasingly unsustainable." But it reversed course after days of sustained criticism from politicians and small business owners, which culminated in Prime Minister Micheal Martin calling on the bank to "reflect on" its decision.
The Irish government has raised 305 million euros ($323 million) through the sale of a 5% stake in Allied Irish Banks (AIB) in an accelerated book build that cut its majority shareholding to 63.5%, the finance ministry said on Tuesday. Dublin has been gradually selling shares in AIB since the start of the year through a share trading plan, and announced on Friday that it has raised 161 million euros by reducing its stake to 68.5% from 71.1% over the past six months.
The Irish government received sufficient demand to cover the sale of a 5% stake in Allied Irish Banks (AIB) in an accelerated book build on Monday, further cutting its majority shareholding, one of the joint bookrunners said. Dublin has been gradually selling its shares in AIB since the start of the year through a share trading plan, and announced on Friday that it has raised 161 million euros ($170.5 million) by trimming its stake to 68.5% from 71.1% over the past six months. Monday's placing will cut the government's shareholding in the country's largest mortgage lender to 63.5% and raise around 326 million euros.
The Irish government has raised 161 million euro through the sale of shares in Allied Irish Banks (AIB) over the last six months, cutting its stake to 68% from 71%, the finance department said on Friday. The government extended the sale of its shares in the country's largest mortgage lender after selling a first chunk at an average price of 2.32 euros. "When I announced the launch of the share trading plan, I said that the state's exit from its investment in AIB would be a multi-year journey," Finance Minister Pashcal Donohoe said in a statement.
The Central Bank of Ireland said AIB has been fined 83.3 million euro and EBS 13.4 million euro.