Thousands of college football fans will make their way to Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte this week to see the Pittsburgh Panthers and Wake Forest Demon Deacons square off for the Atlantic Coast Conference championship.
The ACC title game between No. 17 Pitt and No. 18 Wake Forest kicks off at 8 p.m. Saturday. The game will air on ABC.
It’s only the second meeting between the two football programs. Pitt beat Wake Forest 34-13 in Winston-Salem in 2018.
This will be the 10th time that Charlotte has hosted the game. A 2018 agreement between the ACC and Charlotte Sports Foundation will keep the game in the city through 2030.
Here’s some helpful information for fans — and non-fans — to know before kickoff:
Fans around uptown should be able to enjoy plenty of sunshine and a high near 72 degrees, according to the National Weather Service Forecast. Some clouds could roll in, and the temperature should drop into the mid-50s by kickoff.
A FanFest will be held at Romare Bearden Park on Friday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Fans will be able to check out other college football championship games on LED boards. Beer and food trucks will be available.
5 p.m.: Appearance by ACC mascots
7 p.m.: Battle of the Bands
11 a.m.: Appearance by ACC mascots
4:15 p.m.: Pitt band and pep rally
4:30 p.m.: Appearance by ACC mascots
4:45: Wake Forest band and pep rally
The FanFest also will include:
▪ Appearances by ACC Network personalities, including “The Huddle” and “Chalk Talk”
▪ Tailgate games
▪ Gameday merchandise sales
Gameday road closures
Drivers should be alert for some road closures around the stadium and in uptown. Follow the Charlotte Department of Transportation on Twitter (@CharlotteDOT) and Facebook (@CLTTransportation) for updates and a link to an interactive closure map.
These roads closed Thursday:
▪ 3rd Street, between Mint and Poplar streets, until 10 p.m. Saturday
▪ West 4th Street, right eastbound lane between South Graham and South Mint streets, until 11 p.m. Saturday
▪ South Mint Street, left turn lane between West 4th and 3rd streets, until 11 p.m. Saturday.
The gameday closures are:
▪ Graham and Stonewall streets, between Martin Luther King Boulevard and Church Street, from 9 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
▪ South Mint Street, between Carson Boulevard and MLK Jr. Boulevard, from 9 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
▪ Graham Street, right southbound lane between West Trade Street and MLK Jr. Boulevard, from 3:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
▪ Levine Avenue of the Arts, between South Church and South Tryon streets, from 3:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
▪ South Mint Street, between West Stonewall Street and MLK Jr. Boulevard, from 3:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
▪ South Mint Street, between Carson Boulevard and Morehead Street, from 3:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
▪ South Mint Street, right northbound lane between West Trade Street and MLK Jr. Boulevard, from 3:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
▪ Stonewall Street, right northbound lane between West Trade Street and MLK Jr. Boulevard, from 3:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
▪ West 1st Street, between South Mint and South Church streets, between 3:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
▪ West Stonewall Street, between South Mint and South Church streets, between 3:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
▪ Morehead Street, right westbound lane between South Tryon and Interstate 77, between 5:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
▪ MLK King Jr. Boulevard, between South Mint Street and South Church streets, between 6:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.