- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.58 percent to 19,031.64
* Leading the index were Laurentian Bank of Canada , up 5.6%, goeasy Ltd, up 4.5%, and Air Canada, higher by 4.4%.
* Lagging shares were Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd, down 7.0%, Silvercrest Metals Inc, down 5.5%, and New Gold Inc, lower by 4.8%.
* On the TSX 73 issues rose and 154 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 13 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 171.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Enbridge Inc, Suncor Energy Inc and Air Canada.
* The TSX's energy group fell 1.21 points, or 1.1%, while the financials sector climbed 0.02 points, or 0.0%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.51%, or $0.31, to $61.66 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.43%, or $0.28, to $65.6
* The TSX is up 9.2% for the year.
This summary was machine generated April 22 at 21:03 GMT.