Dec 16 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- Facebook to put UK data under U.S. purview after Brexit https://on.ft.com/389LLlg
- Boris Johnson under pressure to rethink Christmas mixing rules https://on.ft.com/3aglWTa
- UK draws up plans to rival Singapore with post-Brexit shipping regime https://on.ft.com/2WfWQMh
- BP's former finance chief poised for Ineos role https://on.ft.com/3gSCB0z
- Facebook will shift oversight of data belonging to its British users from Ireland to the United States, moving it out of the purview of EU privacy regulators after Brexit.
- Boris Johnson has come under renewed pressure to reverse the planned relaxation of coronavirus restrictions over Christmas, as leaders from the devolved nations agreed to continue talks on a UK-wide approach to the festive season.
- The UK is drawing up plans to turn London into a rival for Singapore as a hub for shipping companies to register their vessels following the end of the Brexit transition period, according to people briefed on the proposals.
- BP's former finance chief Brian Gilvary is set to take a senior position at Ineos, ending speculation he could become Rio Tinto's next chief executive. (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom)