Canada's dollar will rally over the coming year as major commodity consumer China loosens its COVID-19 restrictions and the Federal Reserve potentially concludes its campaign to increase interest rates, a Reuters poll showed. The loonie has weakened over 7% against the U.S. dollar since the start of 2022, with almost all of the decline coming since mid-August. According to the median forecast of 35 currency analysts surveyed Dec. 1-6 the currency will rebound 1.1% to 1.35 per U.S. dollar, or 74.07 U.S. cents, in three months, compared with November's forecast of 1.36.
Nurosene Health Inc. ("Nurosene" or the "Company") (CSE: MEND) (Frankfurt: 8TV) (OTC: MNNDF), a company focused on being a leader in the development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) solutions developed by NetraMark (a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company) announces that Dr. Joseph Geraci, Nurosene's Chief Science Officer, will be participating in the Advancing Drug Development Forum on December 14th, 2022 in Boston, MA.
(Reuters) -The United States' first sale of offshore wind development rights off the coast of California attracted more than $400 million in bids on Tuesday from companies seeking a foothold in the domestic industry's expansion to the Pacific Ocean. The auction, which will continue on Wednesday morning, is a major milestone in the Biden administration's push to put wind turbines along every U.S. coastline to help decarbonize the electricity sector and fight climate change. It puts the United States, which has lagged Europe in the development of offshore wind farms, at the forefront of the expansion of floating turbines, an emerging technology needed when ocean depths preclude the use of standard, fixed equipment.
Today, DoorDash Canada announced the launch of new Partnership Plans to better support restaurant partners nationwide. Beginning today, all Canadian local restaurant owners have the choice of three different plans, with commission rates that vary based on the inclusion of services provided. Additionally, DoorDash is including DoorDash Storefront, an Online Ordering Software, in all partnership plans that enables any restaurant to turn their website into an ecommerce store. The industry-leading P
Grocer sheltering consumers from manufacturers' price increases, executive says at parliamentary committee on corporate greed and food inflation
Today, Call for Code founding partner IBM (NYSE: IBM), creator, David Clark Cause, charitable partner United Nations Human Rights, and program affiliate, the Linux Foundation announced the winner of the fifth annual Call for Code Global Challenge, which invited innovators across the globe to help accelerate sustainability and combat climate change with open source-powered technology. The top prize this year went to GardenMate for creating an app that uses IBM Watson® to connect gardeners with ex
Here's why Shopify (TSX:SHOP) is a growth stock with the potential to provide 1,000% returns over the next 10 years. The post This Growth Stock Could 10X in 10 Years appeared first on The Motley Fool Canada.
The U.S. dollar clawed back some of the previous day's declines on Thursday as investors weighed the outlook for Federal Reserve policy amid simmering fears that high interest rates could spur a recession. While investors have been anticipating the Fed will soon slow its tightening pace, recent upbeat U.S. employment, services and factory data have added to investor uncertainty over the policy outlook. Money markets price 91% odds that the policy-setting Federal Open Market Committee will raise rates by half a point on Dec. 14, with just 9% probability for another 75 basis point increase.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Chair Gary Gensler said that companies that help facilitate transactions in the cryptocurrency market should come into compliance with law. "Their business model right now is offering the public… an interest return in crypto… and then possibly trading against their customers," Gensler told Yahoo Finance in an interview on Tuesday. "The runway is getting shorter" between crypto lenders' compliance and SEC enforcement, the SEC chair added.
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Officials say South Korea’s economy is recovering from the initial shock of a nationwide walkout staged by thousands of cargo truckers, even as their strike reached its 14th day on Wednesday amid a stalemate with the government over freight fare issues. The conservative government of President Yoon Suk Yeol has taken aggressive steps to defuse the impact of the strike, issuing contentious back-to-work orders to more than 2,000 drivers of cement trucks among broader grou
The dollar will rebound against most currencies over the coming months, with the growing threat of recession in the U.S. and elsewhere keeping it firm in 2023 through safe-haven flows, according to market strategists polled by Reuters. While most said there was not much scope for further dollar upside based on monetary policy, the threat of deeper-than-expected economic weakness and renewed inflationary pressure mean investors may be reaching prematurely for riskier assets. Down over 5% in November, the dollar index had its worst monthly performance since September 2010, in large part on expectations the U.S. Federal Reserve is about to slow the pace of its rate hikes and that an eventual pause is near.
These Canadian stocks remain highly underrated, given their future path to growth and past performance that remains incredibly strong. The post 3 Undervalued Canadian Stocks Worth a Buy Right Now appeared first on The Motley Fool Canada.
MOSCOW (Reuters) -Russia's automobile market slump extended into November, the Association of European Businesses (AEB) said on Tuesday, with sales of new cars down 61.6% year-on-year, as the struggling sector feels the strain of sanctions and subdued demand. Sales have dived since Moscow sent tens of thousands of troops into Ukraine in February, with sanctions hindering access to parts and several foreign producers suspending operations in the country. The AEB said 46,403 vehicles were sold during November, compared with more than 120,000 vehicles sold in the same month of 2021.
TORONTO — Canada's main stock index closed down more than 250 points Tuesday in broad losses led by energy and technology over interest rate concerns and a drop in crude prices, while U.S. stock markets were also in the red. Markets in both countries were down by more than one per cent for a second day as data such as job numbers and service sector activity showed continued strength, especially in the U.S., said Colin Cieszynski, chief market strategist at SIA Wealth Management Inc. "Equities ar
The MyantHealth digital platform and Skiin wearable technology is a breakthrough solution for;
Trulieve Cannabis Corp. (CSE: TRUL) (OTCQX: TCNNF) ("Trulieve" or "the Company"), a leading and top-performing cannabis company in the U.S., is proud to support the Disabled American Veterans (DAV) at its RecruitMilitary Job Fair. Held in Atlanta, Ga., on Thursday, December 8, Trulieve's talent acquisition team will meet with U.S. veterans, military spouses, transitioning military and members of the Guard and Reserve.
TOKYO (AP) — A newly founded Japanese semiconductor company aiming to revive Japan’s chip industry signed an agreement on Tuesday to collaborate with a Belgian research organization in developing next-generation chips for production in Japan. Economy and Industry Minister Yasutoshi Nishimura told reporters that the new company, Rapidus, which was launched last month by eight Japanese corporate giants including automakers, electronics and chip manufacturers, is teaming up with Imec, a Leuven, Bel
Back in January, 109 container ships waited off the California coast to unload cargo in Los Angeles and Long Beach, the nation's two largest ports. Consumers, stuck at home amid the pandemic, had unleashed an avalanche of orders for goods that overwhelmed factories and ports. Importers were paying $20,000 to send a single container from China to the United States — sometimes more than the goods inside were worth. Businesses had to backorder everything from bedroom furniture to kitchen fryers, if
MilliporeSigma, the U.S. and Canada Life Science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, a leading science and technology company, has acquired Massachusetts-based Erbi Biosystems, a developer of the 2 ml micro-bioreactor platform technology, known as the "Breez™". The deal strengthens MilliporeSigma's upstream portfolio in therapeutic proteins by enabling scalable cell-based perfusion bioreactor processes from 2ml to 2000L with rapid lab-scale process development. It also offers future deve
Current CEO Patrizio Bertelli, 76, will be appointed chairman of the luxury company at annual shareholder meeting next spring. Current co-CEO Miuccia Prada, 73, will remain creative director of the Miu Miu and Prada brands - the latter together with Belgian designer Raf Simons - and a board member.