Canada Markets open in 7 hrs 57 mins

Roku, Inc. (ROKU)

NasdaqGS - NasdaqGS Real Time Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
166.49-0.34 (-0.20%)
At close: 04:00PM EST
165.78 -0.71 (-0.43%)
After hours: 07:58PM EST
Sign in to post a message.
  • J
    John
    Roku TV Ready Program to Continue Partner Adoption and International Expansion in 2022
    Roku TV Ready
    Roku Inc. has announced new growth and international expansion to the Roku TV Ready Certification program.

    New Roku TV Ready partners added during 2021 were Element, JVC, Pheanoo, and Philips, with Polk Audio and Westinghouse joining in early 2022. These companies joined an existing roster of Roku TV Ready partners, including Bose, Hisense, TCL North America, and Sound United, parent company to Denon, Definitive Technology and Polk Audio. Additionally, the program was expanded internationally with partners launching in the United Kingdom, Canada, and Mexico.

    Designed to simplify and unify the modern home theater, the program makes it easier for AV and consumer electronics companies to enhance their audio products to support seamless setup, single remote operations, and easy access to home theater settings – on screen – when connected to a Roku TV.

    For partners, the Roku TV Ready program includes a software development kit and test materials to fast-track integration. In addition, Roku also offers a wireless soundbar reference design for companies looking to deliver high performance home theater without running wires to the TV.

    “We have been thrilled to see the rapid adoption of Roku TV Ready among leading brands, both in the U.S. and now internationally,” said Mark Ely, vice president of product strategy at Roku Inc. “Whether you are a soundbar manufacturer interested in providing your customers with a seamless home theater experience or would like to integrate Roku’s wireless audio technology, Roku makes it easy for manufacturers to utilize Roku technology to deliver great easy-to-use products that customers love.”

    “Roku TV Ready makes it easier than ever to set-up and use a Bose TV speaker for an improved audio experience,” noted Doug Cunningham, vice president of product and experience, at Bose. “We are excited to bring this option to more Roku TV owners across the globe.”
  • S
    Steve Nash
    remember "we expect Q4 adjusted EBITDA to be $70 million at the midpoint. Please note that adjusted EBITDA includes stock-based comp of $57 million and $13 million of depreciation and amortization and net other income in the quarter. "

    In other words, they are guiding to a negative Q4 net income.
  • S
    Smartmoney
    Added 100 shares at 163ish. Oversold and undervalued and I will turn my focus away from real estate to go full force on those beaten down growth stocks, which crashed on no bad news or negative business development. Inflation is bad for many sectors but cord cutting CTV is def the opposite
  • D
    Debbie
    The new content in ROKU continues to make me feel more positive and sure of ROKU’s future. For now I’m just sticking to watching 1st Roku original content 2nd any other streaming channel that Roku also gets a share of the ad revenue.
  • J
    John
    Added 200 shares of roku!! Strong support with the market being off that much. Very positive sign!!
  • v
    vincent
    Good morning friends. Its very obvious by now that this is going down for no other reason that rising rates which is a shame. Good news though... this will be too cheap to ignore and we all know what happens when the money starts flooding back into high growth tech names.. especially ones down over 50% from their ATH. I'm off to Savannah for a week vaca with the family and friends. Stay warm to my friends in the Northeast. See ya next week!
  • M
    Mm sr
    Why sell, Roku controls the market now and growing!!
  • D
    Dan
    Investment Bank D.A.Davidson has a buy rating and price target of $550 implying potential gains of 228% in a year.
  • R
    Robert
    I have a Roku tv and I stream 100 percent via a TMobile internet gateway. No cable no wires.
    it's the future. Everything over the air. I run my Mac from the same router.
  • I
    Il
    Today price is a steal ! Roku is a strong company and it’s down only because whole tech market is down.
  • A
    Al
    The bottom seems to be160... Tempting to buy more here and level my cost down
  • K
    KyloRenegade
    Netflix raising prices only makes free options like The Roku Channel more enticing.
  • J
    Jimmy
    To accommodate its larger workforce, the Roku Channel is moving into larger digs early this year. The company, which previously had an office at the Water Garden in Santa Monica, has leased 72,019 square feet at the Colorado Center, according to L.A. Realty Partners.
    “We actually outgrew the office that we left before the pandemic and have to open a new office,” said Rob Holmes, Roku’s vice president of programming. “It just reflects the size of Roku’s resources and the kind of investment in the L.A. area.”
  • N
    Nitin
    As some correctly pointed out, the stock is now trading at pre pandemic levels discounting all growth since then. The euphoria has turned into pessimism. Time to get back in for long term holders.

    Judging by the leases ROKU has signed in LA and NYC, they are likely getting into content business in a big way and looking to launching a paid monthly service (ROKU+?) some time later this year. It'll be the beginning of direct monetization of 60 million accounts by the end of 2022. The recent departure of SVP of Platform Business could be another indicator of change in strategy. An infusion of new blood from the ranks of Netflix, Prime Video or DisneyPlus would provide the impetus.
  • M
    Mm sr
    As more and more advertising dollars roll in the content and quality will continue to increase over time, simple economics here, doesn’t take charts or analyst to explain this, common sense!!!
  • R
    Robert.TX
    Waiting for international numbers to hit one of the upcoming ERs in 2022. Best ahead!
  • C
    Cubs 99
    Long term, streaming is how we will watch all things. Revenue will be there for Roku
  • B
    Bruce
    Article from Kiplingers

    The 12 Best Communication Services Stocks to Buy for 2022
    https://www.kiplinger.com/investing/stocks/stocks-to-buy/603923/best-communication-services-stocks-to-buy-for-2022
  • M
    Mm sr
    Watching the Jack Hanna channel as we speak, loving it, on the Roku channel. Love all the new ads I’m seeing. If you don’t see what’s happening your living under a rock!!

    Forget what the stocks doing, means nothing, only opportunities for people buying now! Short term pain but long term gains.
  • S
    Steven
    @ Hard

    All indications are pointed downward.

    Inflation
    Growth worldwide slowing
    Covid
    Charts are still pointed down. No support 20 50 200 day.
    More Sellers vs Buyers
    Short % rising
    More downgrades than upgrades as of late.
    Selling on good news. Example Google news.
    Slower Growth and time per person slowly
    Overall Futures are getting cut. So now stocks are not trading at high ERs or Per year Revenues as they were.
    Interest rates rising 7-9 points. Which always means high growth stocks sell.
    Large holders selling high growth stocks and moving into more blue stocks and value stocks which are safer.

    What indications are pointing Roku will Rally?
    What positive news or facts?

    Honest question.

    It's like a 90% chance of no rally vs 10% for one.