Canada markets closed

Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP)

NYSE - NYSE Delayed Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
65.79+0.23 (+0.35%)
At close: 4:00PM EDT
Sign in to post a message.
  • M
    MarkyCheeks
    2 lawsuits. What do you guys think?
  • r
    rick
    Will the market concentrate on the debt or anticipate benefits ? Knowing that would ease decision of buy / hold / sell.
  • G
    Gabru
    Things are going to get better as CP will become the first railroad to go from Canada-Us-Mexico. According to some financial institutions with this deal, CP is going to generate 5 times the current revenue 💯
  • R
    Real
    Here is the clarity for 1.4B$:

    700m$ is termination fee
    700m$ is the refund (the money that KCS received from CN)

    The net effect is CP will be paying 700m$ only. The other 700m$ is a refund of CN money KCS received.

    "CN (CNR.TO) said in a statement released Wednesday morning that KCS (KSU) will pay the railway a US$700 million termination fee as a result of the failed agreement. KCS will also refund CN the US$700 million break fee it received from the railway after it terminated its agreement with CP. (CP.TO)"
  • g
    gosho
    Anyone know when they are going to dilute? I bought a little bit recently, but now I'm thinking of getting out at a small loss and waiting for the dilution to get back in at a cheaper price.
  • K
    KeenMaa
    market up couple hundred points and CP still going down. Gosh.. it will probably goes to 80.
  • A
    Al
    Will this go back up above 100?
  • D
    Derek
    Deal's done, but break fee issues as being reported by Reuters are confusing. Quite possibly incorrect.

    IMO, the $700 million paid to CP by KSU via CN should stand....that March deal was broken and no longer exists.
    The $1 billion guarantee from CN to KSU in the event the voting trust structure was rejected should be paid to KSU. Because that is precisely what happened.

    And despite Reuters reporting, there should NOT be another (?!) $700 mm break fee payable to CN by KSU vis CP for breaking the May CN deal....as nobody broke that deal.
    The STB simply won't permit it to move forward.

    The way it is reported currently, CN would walk away with a net $700mm for being boneheaded failures in this whole mess.
    I think not.
  • R
    Red Panda
    Still time to buy
  • K
    Kenneth
    Bloomberg just confirmed CN is not raising offer. Same article also confirms CN gets $1.4 BILLION from CP! How, in the name of all things right, is that possible? I didn't want to believe that but now both Bloomberg AND Barron's have confirmed that. Just plain wrong
  • T
    Tom
    Buying under 70.00 Cad.
  • K
    Kenneth
    Recovering nicely now pre-market. Getting deal for $25 less per share than CN AND creates first Canada/US/Mexico rail. Maybe last Class 1 merger ever. Buy!
  • D
    Dippo
    They agreed to change the name to Canadian Pacific Kansas City? .... come on guys. ~
  • A
    Al
    the big volume start at 83, so maybe this will low max at 80 and can only go back up right?
  • S
    Steve
    Ya , if my memory serves me correct CN has to pay Kansas City 1B if STB rejects trust , inaccurate reporting ..
  • S
    Sean C
    I buy at $81
  • W
    Walter
    Does CP fly again?
  • H
    HH
    In at 72. Let’s go!
  • H
    Hassan
    If deals goes through, share dilution? What happens to the stock itself? I don’t quite understand what happens when a company buys another one or a merger is done. Please don’t say stock goes up or down, that’s not what I’m asking.
  • D
    Derek
    Hey Keith:

    Make an offer to your buddy JJ....to send one of your senior managers over to CN to teach them PSR. I hear they'd be quite receptive to a "refresher course" right now.

    Yuo could charge..oh, say... US $1billion.