Canada markets closed

ATCO Ltd. (ACLLF)

Other OTC - Other OTC Delayed Price. Currency in USD
Add to watchlist
33.13+0.64 (+1.97%)
At close: 01:37PM EDT
Sign in to post a message.
  • 4
    420
    glad I sold half my position yesterday
  • P
    Pablo
    Time to cash in your Atco (owner of Luma Energy) stock. Luma Energy energy 48 hour total outage in Puerto Rico creates havoc for manufacturing, commercial and residencial customers.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/puerto-rico-plunged-darkness-power-station-fire-rcna23352
  • C
    Curtis
    Can someone please explain to me, why Atcos market cap is $4.4b when they own 52% of Canadian Utilities valued at roughly $4.4b as well?
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    ACO-Y.TO is up 9.16% to 49.94
  • G
    Gimme
    The pricing seems still insanely low considering their 52% ownership of Canadian Utilities. That alone is worth around 3,88B usd... Market is still sleeping on this infrastructure play?
  • M
    Meddy
    People might look at ATCO and think: "wow they keep increasing the dividend, it must be growing earnings" However it couldn't be further from the truth. If you look carefully, Adjusted earnings haven't kept up with inflation, and really the constant yearly dividend increases have been the result of going from a 20% payout ratio to a 51% ratio.

    Eventually that party has to end. If they cannot grow earnings, you eventually run out of payout room to reasonably increase the dividend with.

    However it's not all doom and gloom. While earnings aren't really growing that much they are really stable. You'll get your 4% dividend return and the stock price is undervalued by a bit (14% upside, give or take). You could be looking at a total return of 18% or so holding a year and then selling, taking advantage of the drop in share price from covid-19. (it really hasn't affected their business much, it's actually a tailwind for the structure business)
  • C
    Chris
    This stock is a lesson in delayed gratification. One of the few top flight Canadian utility companies that is still down so significantly. No real reason given the market optimism. A lot riding on the upcoming earnings, but we should see this correct to the upside.
  • T
    Ter3
    So a week ago, we had "regulatory shortfalls" which have not adequately been explained, other than it involves Canadian Utilities and an indigenous group. Today we have a CEO of a subsidiary in Puerto Rico under a fraud investigation -- clearly there are ehtical issues in this company and principal staff are not being adequately vetted. Time for the Board to stand up and take immediate corrective actions before the stock falls even further in free fall.
  • C
    Chris
    With an economic reopening imminent, investors should start pricing in the work this company does in work site deployments, mine worker housing, infrastructure development, etc. This is more than Canadian Utilities holding company.
  • D
    DB C
    Why have the last 5 years been a slow death? Stock just keeps breaking new lows.
  • M
    Mel
    Lots of insider buying last month especially the CEO.
  • Y
    Yahoo Finance Insights
    ACO-X.TO reached a 52 Week high at 46.79
  • f
    fszasadny
    With current political climate in Canada, it is a good decision to invest some profits from Canadian ventures globally.
  • C
    Chuck
    Another earnings beat with very little action. I would be nice to see more coverage on this stock which has been a dividend horse for years.
  • L
    Luke
    Looking at the weekly we've had a triple top and triple bottom. Lower highs and lower lows on each bottom. I'm a holder but I believe we might be able to snag this at a bargain soon. If it retests that $36 range again it's going lower and buy as much as you can under it. Crash is coming get ready with cash.
  • j
    jp
    ACO-X:Completely undervalued and under-appreciated especially given its ownership of CU....need a catalyst to get this thing going....
  • C
    Carlos
    For one thing, subsidiary LUMA ENERGY is in deep compliance problems in Puerto Rico. Wayne Stensby, CEO has been found in contempt of court and the court has issued a WARRANT FOR ARREST TODAY!
  • G
    Gerry
    Is Linda Southern's purchase of $$$ shares an indication that this stock could pop?
  • e
    eljo saique
    bought more 300 shares @37.41
  • M
    Money
    ATCO raises div 3% .
    Yield is 4.3%. Looking historically at the past 25 years based on highest yield,
    2020 covid writeoff 6.3% high.
    2019 4.3% high.
    2018 4.3% high.
    All years back to 1996 the yield never touched 3.5% including financial crisis and dotcom crash. Market sentiment clearly changed in 2018. My 2 cents. GLTA