|Bid||0.000 x 0|
|Ask||0.000 x 0|
|Day's Range||14.000 - 14.300|
|52 Week Range||9.560 - 33.200|
|PE Ratio (TTM)||10.81|
|Forward Dividend & Yield||0.38 (2.67%)|
|1y Target Est||N/A|
Republican and Democratic U.S. senators introduced a bill on Tuesday that would reimpose sanctions on China's ZTE Corp if it does not fully comply with U.S. laws and an agreement with the Trump administration that ended stiff restrictions on the telecommunications equipment company. President Donald Trump angered many members of Congress, including some of his fellow Republicans, in July when he decided to lift a ban on U.S. companies selling to ZTE, allowing the giant company to resume business. Lawmakers have introduced several pieces of legislation since then that seek to clamp down on the company, China's second largest telecommunications equipment maker.
Australia’s move last month to bar Chinese telecommunications-equipment manufacturers from the country’s 5G rollout over fears of cyberspying triggered debate over the security risks of the technology. Officials in Canberra, the Australian capital, cited national-security concerns as they ruled out bids from companies that they said could be used as agents for foreign governments—language that effectively banned Huawei Technologies Co., the world’s largest maker of telecommunications equipment, and its chief Chinese rival, ZTE Corp. Canberra’s reasoning was based on the belief that 5G networks will be more vulnerable to security breaches because they will be less centralized than current networks, with more sensitive network activity occurring in a multitude of locations closer to users.
Malcolm Harkins, chief security and trust officer at Cylance Inc., says artificial intelligence will play a crucial role in the cybersecurity industry, which has a notorious talent shortage. Mr. Harkins described how advances in AI will improve security and why CISOs should have a role in lowering corporate costs. Q: What are some promising ways companies might soon apply AI to cybersecurity?
TOKYO—Japan is studying restrictions on Chinese telecommunications-equipment companies Huawei Technologies Co. and ZTE Corp. as U.S. fears of cyberspying by Beijing prod allies to follow suit. U.S. officials have been arguing that using equipment from the two companies in network infrastructure constitutes a security risk. Australia last week banned both Chinese companies from its next-generation mobile network.
HONG KONG—China’s ZTE Corp. disclosed a loss of 7.8 billion yuan—about $1.1 billion—during the first half of the year, after a ban on purchasing American supplies forced a life-threatening shutdown of the telecommunications giant. The loss covers most of the period during which ZTE was shuttered, and marks its first official accounting of the period. The Commerce Department banned U.S. companies from selling to ZTE in April after it found the firm broke the terms of its settlement resolving earlier violations of U.S. sanctions on Iran and North Korea.
China's ZTE Corp said it expects to make a profit in the third quarter after recording its worst-ever first-half net loss on Thursday, the result of a U.S. supplier ban that forced the telecoms gear maker to halt operations for three months. ZTE, the world's fourth-largest telecommunications equipment maker by market share, was crippled in April when the United States imposed the seven-year ban, saying ZTE broke an agreement to discipline executives who conspired to evade U.S. sanctions on Iran and North Korea. The company expects to post a net profit of between 24.2 million yuan ($3.54 million) and 1.0 billion yuan ($146.40 million) in the three months to September 30, it said in a filing to the Shenzhen stock exchange.
China's ZTE Corp (Shenzhen:000063.SZ - News) (HKSE:0763.HK - News) said it expects to make a profit in the third quarter after recording its worst-ever first-half net loss on Thursday, the result of a U.S. supplier ban that forced the telecoms gear maker to halt operations for three months. ZTE, the world's fourth-largest telecommunications equipment maker by market share, was crippled in April when the United States imposed the seven-year ban, saying ZTE broke an agreement to discipline executives who conspired to evade U.S. sanctions on Iran and North Korea. The company expects to post a net profit of between 24.2 million yuan ($3.54 million) and 1.0 billion yuan ($146.40 million) in the three months to September 30, it said in a filing to the Shenzhen stock exchange.
Production at China's ZTE Corp is back to normal after the lifting of a U.S. ban and its carrier network business will return to a standard growth track in 2019, according to the firm's newly elected chairman and chief executive. China's No. 2 telecommunications equipment maker was crippled in April when the United States banned American firms from selling it parts, saying the company broke an agreement to discipline executives who had conspired to evade U.S. sanctions on Iran and North Korea. The ban, which became a source of friction in Sino-U.S. trade talks, was lifted in July after ZTE paid $1.4 billion in penalties, allowing the firm to resume business.
A new monitor for ZTE is required as part of a June settlement that ended a ban on U.S. companies selling components to China's No. 2 telecommunications equipment maker. The ban threatened ZTE's survival and became a source of friction in trade talks between Washington and Beijing. Roscoe Howard, a former U.S. Attorney in Washington, will lead a compliance team designed to help ensure that ZTE does not illegally sell products with American parts to Iran and other sanctioned countries.
LONDON/STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Ericsson increased its share of the mobile networks market in the second quarter, while Samsung Electronics jumped into fourth place, data from industry research firm Dell'Oro showed. Ericsson, the second biggest maker of radio access network (RAN) gear, and Samsung benefited from rising U.S. demand as China's ZTE tumbled into fifth place after it was hit by U.S. sanctions in April. The world's biggest network gear vendors - No.1-ranked Huawei [HWT.UL], Ericsson and third ranked Nokia - all increased their market share quarter on quarter, partly because ZTE's sales plummeted from April onward, Dell'Oro analyst Stefan Pongratz said via email.
The Australian government said Thursday that companies that are “likely to be subject to extrajudicial directions from a foreign government that conflict with Australian law” wouldn’t be able to guarantee security of the network. The statement didn’t specifically mention Chinese companies, but Huawei said it had been informed that both it and ZTE had been banned from the rollout. Australia’s intelligence agencies had been pushing for Huawei to be blocked from the network, though recently there had been speculation that a compromise might be reached.
The Democratic National Committee warned party candidates running in November elections not to use devices made by Chinese telecommunications companies ZTE Corp and Huawei Technologies because they pose a security risk, a Democratic source said on Friday. U.S. lawmakers and the Trump administration have pressured U.S. companies to not sell Huawei or ZTE (Shenzhen:000063.SZ - News) products, saying they potentially could be used to spy on Americans. The source said Bob Lord, the DNC's chief security officer, said in a email that it was important for party and campaign workers to be vigilant about the warnings.
Congress passed a defense-policy bill that some lawmakers say is tougher on China than any in history, as a bipartisan movement to confront Beijing gathers steam. The measure, an annual policy bill that authorizes $716 billion in total defense spending for the coming fiscal year, seeks to counter a range of Chinese government policies, including increased military activity in the South China Sea, the pursuit of cutting-edge U.S. technology and the spread of Communist Party propaganda at American institutions. The Senate on Wednesday approved the legislation in an 87-to-10 vote, after the House of Representatives approved it last week, and President Trump is expected to sign the bill into law.
ZTE Corp (HKSE:0763.HK - News) (Shenzhen:000063.SZ - News) revised its first-quarter results to a net loss on Friday, after China's second-biggest telecommunications equipment maker took into account the impact of a crippling U.S. supplier ban that has now been lifted. ZTE said net loss for the three months through March was 5.4 billion yuan ($790.62 million), compared to a net profit of 1.2 billion yuan a year earlier. The company will set up an export compliance committee with company Chairman Li Zixue as one of the five members, ZTE said in a filing to the Shenzhen stock exchange.
Investing.com – Asian stocks were mixed in afternoon trade on Monday as traders digested the latest geopolitical developments after U.S. President Donald Trump criticized the Fed and global monetary policy over the weekend, while Japan’s Nikkei 225 underperformed its regional peers with a stronger yen being cited as the catalyst for the selling in equities.
Congress abandoned a bipartisan attempt to undo President Donald Trump’s deal with Beijing to save Chinese telecommunications giant ZTE Corp., according to people familiar with the matter. Senate and House negotiators removed from a must-pass defense bill, expected to become law as soon as this month, language that sought to reinstate a ban on U.S. companies selling components to the Chinese business, the people said. Because ZTE depends on U.S. suppliers, the ban, which Mr. Trump decided to lift, had effectively been a death knell.
U.S. lawmakers who reached an agreement on a must-pass defense bill cut from the legislation a measure that would have made it harder for the president to undo sanctions slapped on China's ZTE Corp (HKSE:0763.HK - News), a top Democrat in the Senate said on Friday. Lawmakers from both parties have been at odds with President Donald Trump over his decision to lift a ban on U.S. companies selling to ZTE, allowing China's second-largest telecommunications equipment maker to resume business.
China’s Communist Party is making leadership changes in the top ranks of the state-owned telecommunications giants ahead of the country’s widely anticipated rollout of next-generation wireless networks. China Unicom and China Telecom are two of the country’s three state-owned telecom operators, and will be among the institutions responsible for buying and rolling out fifth-generation, or 5G, wireless networks in the country in the coming years.
The U.S. trade ban on Chinese telecom equipment maker ZTE (Shenzhen:000063.SZ - News) (HKSE:0763.HK - News) wreaked havoc at wireless carriers in Europe and South Asia and forced operators worldwide to consider broadening their supply networks, industry sources told Reuters. Disruptions at Russian and emerging markets mobile operator Veon, one of the world’s 10 largest mobile firms by number of customers, illustrate the effects of the U.S. ban, which lasted three months, ending when the U.S. Commerce Department lifted the order on Friday. Veon was especially hard hit, suffering launch delays at its Italian joint venture and in Ukraine, near network outages in Bangladesh, and lesser disruptions at its Pakistan operations, sources at the Amsterdam-based operator told Reuters.
Invesing.com- Asian equities continued to fall in afternoon trade on Monday as China reported weaker-than-expected industrial production data.
Investors on Monday cheered the lifting of a U.S. supplier ban on China's ZTE Corp (HKSE:0763.HK - News), pushing its shares up 17 percent, though analysts cautioned the telecommunications equipment maker still faced many challenges as it works to revive its business. The U.S. Commerce Department on Friday lifted a crippling ban on American firms selling parts to ZTE - imposed in relation to a U.S. sanctions case - after the Chinese company deposited $400 million in escrow as part of a settlement reached last month. The settlement also included a $1 billion penalty paid to the U.S. Treasury in June.
Invesing.com- Asian equities fell in morning trade on Monday as investors awaited a set of China data scheduled to be released later in the day.
The Commerce Department removed the ban shortly after ZTE deposited $400 million in a U.S. bank escrow account as part of a settlement reached last month. The settlement also included a $1 billion penalty that ZTE paid to the U.S. Treasury in June. "The department will remain vigilant as we closely monitor ZTE's actions to ensure compliance with all U.S. laws and regulations," Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said in a statement that described the terms of the deal as the strictest ever imposed in such a case.
Chinese telecoms equipment group ZTE Corp (Shenzhen:000063.SZ - News)(HKSE:0763.HK - News) said on Friday it expected to record a net loss in the first half of the year due to the hefty fine it agreed in order to lift a U.S. ban on component supplies. It estimated a preliminary net loss of 7.0-9.0 billion yuan ($1.05-1.34 billion) in January to June period versus a profit of 2.3 billion yuan the previous year, it said in a filing to the Hong Kong stock exchange. ZTE, which makes smartphones and networking gear, signed an agreement with the United States on Thursday that paved the way for it to resume operations after a nearly three-month ban on doing business with American suppliers.