Donna Stein, an American curator who lived in Tehran between 1975 and 1977 and played a small but important role in assembling the collection, has written a memoir, The Empress and I: How an Ancient Empire Collected, Rejected and Rediscovered Modern Art.
The festival commemorates the crowning of Lord Rama post his return to Ayodhya along with Sita and Lakshmana after completing 14 years of exile
Through the eyes and actions of individuals, Beloved Beasts portrays the evolution of the surprisingly young field from a pursuit almost solely of the privileged Western elite to “a movement that is shaped by many people, many places, and many species.”
A destructive cyclone damaged several towns on Australia's western coast, shattering windows, snapping trees and knocking out power. Tropical Cyclone Seroja crossed the Western Australia state coast south of the tourist town of Kalbarri with winds gusting up to 170 kph (106 mph) shortly after dark Sunday, officials said on Monday. Around 70% of buildings in Kalbarri, a town of 1,400 people 580 kilometers (360 miles) north of the state capital Perth, had been damaged, Department of Fire and Emergency Services Commissioner Darren Klemm said.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Iran on Monday blamed Israel for a sabotage attack on its underground Natanz nuclear facility that damaged the centrifuges it uses to enrich uranium there, warning that it would take revenge for the assault. The comments by Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh represent the first official accusation levelled against Israel for the incident Sunday that cut power across the facility. Israel has not directly claimed responsibility for the attack. However, suspicion fell immediately on it as media there nearly uniformly reported a devastating cyberattack orchestrated by the country caused the blackout. If Israel was responsible, it would further heighten tensions between the two nations, already engaged in a shadow conflict across the wider Middle East. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who met Sunday with U.S. Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin, has vowed to do everything in his power to stop the nuclear deal. Details remained few about what happened early Sunday morning at the facility. The event was initially described as a blackout caused by the electrical grid feeding its above-ground workshops and underground enrichment halls. “The answer for Natanz is to take revenge against Israel,” Khatibzadeh said. “Israel will receive its answer through its own path.” He did not elaborate. Khatibzadeh acknowledged that IR-1 centrifuges, the first-generation workhorse of Iran’s uranium enrichment, had been damaged in the attack. However, he did not elaborate. State television has yet to show any images from the facility. Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif separately warned Natanz would be reconstructed with more advanced machines, something that could imperil ongoing talks in Vienna with world powers about saving Tehran’s tattered atomic accord. “The Zionists wanted to take revenge on the Iranian people over their success on the path of lifting sanctions,” Iran’s state-run IRNA news agency quoted Zairf as saying. “But we do not allow and we will take revenge on this action from the Zionists.” The IAEA, the United Nations’ body that monitors Tehran’s atomic program, earlier said it was aware of media reports about the incident at Natanz and had spoken with Iranian officials about it. The agency did not elaborate. However, Natanz has been targeted by sabotage in the past. The Stuxnet computer virus, discovered in 2010 and widely believed to be a joint U.S.-Israeli creation, once disrupted and destroyed Iranian centrifuges at Natanz amid an earlier period of Western fears about Tehran’s program. Natanz suffered a mysterious explosion at its advanced centrifuge assembly plant in July that authorities later described as sabotage. Iran now is rebuilding that facility deep inside a nearby mountain. Iran also blamed Israel for the November killing of a scientist who began the country’s military nuclear program decades earlier. Multiple Israeli media outlets reported Sunday that an Israeli cyberattack caused the blackout in Natanz. Public broadcaster Kan said the Mossad was behind the attack. Channel 12 TV cited “experts” as estimating the attack shut down entire sections of the facility. While the reports offered no sourcing for their information, Israeli media maintains a close relationship with the country’s military and intelligence agencies. “It’s hard for me to believe it’s a coincidence,” Yoel Guzansky, a senior fellow at Tel Aviv’s Institute for National Security Studies, said of Sunday’s blackout. “If it’s not a coincidence, and that’s a big if, someone is trying to send a message that ‘we can limit Iran’s advance and we have red lines.’” It also sends a message that Iran’s most sensitive nuclear site is “penetrable,” he added. Netanyahu later Sunday night toasted his security chiefs, with the head of the Mossad, Yossi Cohen, at his side on the eve of his country’s Independence Day. “It is very difficult to explain what we have accomplished,” Netanyahu said of Israel’s history, saying the country had been transformed from a position of weakness into a “world power.” Israel typically doesn’t discuss operations carried out by its Mossad intelligence agency or specialized military units. In recent weeks, Netanyahu repeatedly has described Iran as the major threat to his country as he struggles to hold onto power after multiple elections and while facing corruption charges. ___ Associated Press writer Nasser Karimi in Tehran, Iran, contributed to this report. Jon Gambrell, The Associated Press
A curfew is imposed and tear gas fired amid protests over the fatal shooting of Daunte Wright.
Today marks the first day in months that non-essential retailers and outdoor hospitality venues have been allowed to reopen in England and Wales, including indoor leisure facilities such as gyms, hairdressers, pubs and restaurants and zoos and theme parks.
Two French and five Haitian religious officials as well as three civilians were kidnapped on the Caribbean island on Sunday as they were preparing to attend the inauguration of a new parish priest near Port-au-Prince. Kidnappers demanded a ransom of one million dollars. The group was kidnapped in the commune of Croix-des-Bouquets near the capital Port-au-Prince, where they were preparing to attend the installation of a new parish priest, Father Loudger Mazile, spokesperson of the island’s Bishop’s Conference, told AFP agency.The French members of the group included a priest and nun, while the Haitian group included four priests and one nun. The three civilians are associates of a priest who was not among those kidnapped. Mazile said a ransom of one million dollars was demanded for their release. A police source told AFP investigators suspected the kidnapping to be the work of an armed gang called 400 Mawozo. France’s ambassador to Haiti had not commented as of Monday morning.Gang violence increasesKidnappings and demands for ransoms have surged in recent months, both in the capital and in rural areas, reflecting the growing influence of armed gangs in the Caribbean nation. “[We express] deep sadness but also anger in regard to the inhuman situation that we have been facing for more than a decade,” read a statement issued by the Haitian Conference of the Clergy.“Not a day goes by without tears and clenched teeth, yet the so-called leaders of this country, while clinging to power, are more and more powerless.”Last month, Haiti’s government declared a month-long state of emergency to restore state authority in areas that have seen a surge in kidnappings, theft, looting and clashes with security forces in many districts. The rise in gang violence and political instability have recently drawn public demonstrations to the streets of Port-au-Prince, including on 3 April, which hundreds of women rallied against the growing influence of gangs. Political crisisHaiti has also been mired in a political crisis in recent months.President Jovenel Moïse argues his mandate ends on 7 February 2022, while opponents say it ended on 7 February 2021. The disagreement stems from the fact that Moïse was elected in a vote that was invalidated due to fraud and then re-elected one year later. The country has been without a parliament since last year, since when Moïse has been governing by decree. The president has also said he plans to hold a constitutional referendum in June. (with newswires)
Oslo, 12 April 2021: Reference is made to Yara’s stock exchange release dated 9 April 2021 regarding the Ordinary General Meeting and dividend of NOK 20 per share. The following key dates will apply for the additional dividend: Ex dividend NOK 20.00 as of: 7 May 2021 Record date: 10 May 2021 Dividend payment date: 19 May 2021 ADR dividend payment date: 26 May 2021 Contact Thor Giæver, Investor Relations Cellular: (+47) 480 75 356 E-mail: email@example.com About Yara Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet. Supporting our vision of a world without hunger, we pursue a strategy of sustainable value growth, promoting climate-friendly and high-yielding crop nutrition solutions for the world’s farming community and food industry. Yara’s ambition is to be the Crop Nutrition Company for the Future. We are committed to creating value for our customers, shareholders and society at large, as we work to develop a more sustainable food value chain. To achieve our ambition, we have taken the lead in developing digital farming tools for precision farming, and work closely with partners throughout the food value chain to improve the efficiency and sustainability of agriculture and food production. Founded in 1905 to solve the emerging famine in Europe, Yara has established a unique position as the industry’s only global crop nutrition company. With our integrated business model and a worldwide presence of around 16,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries, we offer a proven track record of responsible and reliable returns. In 2020, Yara reported revenues of USD 11.6 billion. www.yara.com This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to Section 5-12 the Norwegian Securities Trading Act
Warning: this article contains spoilers
Interested candidates can visit the official website www.bihar-cetbed-lnmu.in to register. They can apply till 7 May
Fremantle has taken full ownership of Abot Hameiri, the Israeli production company behind international drama hit “Shtisel” and original formats “Power Couple” and “Hear Me, Love Me, See Me.” Abot Hameiri is also the Israeli producer for global formats such as “Got Talent,” “Survivor” and “The X Factor.” The latter will return on Reshet 13 […]
Tens of thousands are participating in Kumbh Mela even as India records its highest-ever Covid spike.
Company Announcement No. 18/2021 Copenhagen, 12 April 2021 Transactions in connection with share buy-back programme On 10 March 2021, Scandinavian Tobacco Group A/S (“STG”) announced that a share buy-back programme of an aggregated price of up to DKK 600 million was launched with the purpose to adjust the Company’s capital structure and meet obligations relating to the Group’s share-based incentive programme. The buy-back programme is executed in accordance with Regulation No. 596/2014 of the European Parliament and Council of 16 April 2014 (the “Market Abuse Regulation”) and Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/1052, also referred to as the Safe Harbour rules. The share buy-back programme will end no later than 28 February 2022. The following transactions have been executed from 6 April to 9 April 2021: Number of sharesAverage purchase price, DKKTransaction value, DKKAccumulated, last announcement412,430 50,724,141 6 April 202120,290122.902,495,467 7 April 202119,637124.962,453,847 8 April 20215,760125.02720,131 9 April 202111,068127.581,412,047Accumulated under the program469,185 57,805,633 A detailed overview of transactions during the period 6 April – 9 April 2021 is attached to this announcement. Following the above transactions STG owns a total of 3,703,433 treasury shares, corresponding to 3.70% of the total share capital. For further information, please contact:Investors: Torben Sand, Head of Investor Relations, phone: +45 5084 7222 or firstname.lastname@example.org Media: Simon Mehl Augustesen, Director of Group Communications, phone: +1 484-379-8725 or email@example.com Attachments Company Announcement no 18 2021 9 APR 2021 PUBLIC_SBB_SCANDINAVIAN TOBACCO GROUP
India's total domestic passenger vehicle sales rose 115.2% in March, data from an auto industry body showed on Monday, but it warned that the COVID-19 pandemic had set back an already bruised auto industry by many years. The Indian auto sector was already facing a demand slowdown when the government imposed a nationwide lockdown in March last year to curb the spread of the coronavirus. "On the sales front, a deep structural slowdown in the industry even before the pandemic, combined with the impact of COVID-19 in 2020-21, has pushed all vehicle segments back by many years," Kenichi Ayukawa, president of the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) said.
The Scottish Parliament will pay tribute to the Duke of Edinburgh during a motion of condolence on Monday.
China's regulators slapped a $2.8bn fine on the e-commerce giant over monopoly concerns
LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Kings traded forward Jeff Carter to the Pittsburgh Penguins late Sunday night for a pair of conditional draft picks. Kings Vice-President and General Manager Rob Blake said the franchise will have a conditional third-round selection in the 2022 NHL draft and a conditional fourth-round selection in the 2023 draft. Pittsburgh GM Ron Hextall spent seven seasons with the Kings as assistant general manager, including when they won their first Stanley Cup in 2012. Carter has played 16 years in the NHL with the last nine-plus seasons coming with the Kings, who he helped to a pair of Stanley Cup titles. The 36-year old forward was acquired from Columbus during the 2011-12 season. During his time with the the Kings, he led the team in power-play (57) and game-winning goals (44), was second in goals (194), third in points (383) and fourth in assists (189). In 40 games this season, Carter has eight goals and 11 assists. He leaves Los Angeles tied for 10th in franchise history in goals and first in overtime goals with 11. The Kings are likely to miss the post-season for a third straight season. They have won only three of their last 10 and are six points out of the final playoff spot in the West Division. Pittsburgh is in third place in the East Division, but just two points behind Washington and the New York Islanders for the lead. Carter's departure leaves just four members of the Kings two Stanley Cup teams still with the franchise — captain Anze Kopitar, forward Dustin Brown, defenceman Drew Doughty and goalie Jonathan Quick. Carter will have one year left on his current contract, with a $5.27 million cap hit entering next season. The Kings will retain half of his salary as part of the conditions of the trade. ___ More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports Joe Reedy, The Associated Press
Los Angeles Clippers (37-18, third in the Western Conference) vs. Indiana Pacers (25-27, ninth in the Eastern Conference) Indianapolis; Tuesday, 7:30 p.m. EDT BOTTOM LINE: Los Angeles will look to keep its five-game win streak alive when the Clippers take on Indiana. The Pacers are 9-15 on their home court. Indiana is the top team in the Eastern Conference averaging 53.2 points in the paint. Domantas Sabonis leads the Pacers with 12.6. The Clippers are 15-10 on the road. Los Angeles ranks sixth in the league allowing just 108.3 points while holding opponents to 46.7% shooting. The teams play for the second time this season. The Clippers won the last matchup 129-96 on Jan. 17. Luke Kennard scored 20 points to help lead LA to the victory. TOP PERFORMERS: Malcolm Brogdon is averaging 21.2 points and 5.9 assists for the Pacers. Justin Holiday is averaging 1.9 made 3-pointers and 8.5 points over the last 10 games for Indiana. Paul George leads the Clippers averaging 3.2 made 3-pointers while scoring 23 points per game and shooting 43.8% from beyond the arc. Reggie Jackson is averaging 2.7 made 3-pointers and scoring 15.7 points over the last 10 games for Los Angeles. LAST 10 GAMES: Pacers: 6-4, averaging 115.3 points, 43.3 rebounds, 27.5 assists, 8.5 steals and 7.9 blocks per game while shooting 47.5% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 115.7 points on 47.2% shooting. Clippers: 8-2, averaging 114.6 points, 44.2 rebounds, 24.8 assists, 6.3 steals and 3.8 blocks per game while shooting 49.4% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 104.4 points on 45.8% shooting. INJURIES: Pacers: TJ Warren: out for season (foot), Myles Turner: out (ankle). Clippers: Rajon Rondo: day to day (adductor), Serge Ibaka: out (back), Patrick Beverley: out (hand), Kawhi Leonard: out (rest). ___ The Associated Press created this story using technology provided by Data Skrive and data from Sportradar. The Associated Press
Los Angeles Lakers (33-20, fifth in the Western Conference) vs. New York Knicks (27-27, eighth in the Eastern Conference) New York; Monday, 7:30 p.m. EDT LINE: Knicks -3; over/under is 205.5 BOTTOM LINE: The New York Knicks and the Los Angeles Lakers square off in a meeting between the NBA's top two defences. The Knicks are 16-10 in home games. New York is last in the Eastern Conference with just 21.1 assists per game led by Julius Randle averaging 6.0. The Lakers are 17-9 on the road. Los Angeles is ninth in the league scoring 13.9 fast break points per game. LeBron James leads the Lakers averaging 4.6. The Knicks and Lakers match up Monday for the first time this season. TOP PERFORMERS: Randle leads the Knicks with 10.7 rebounds and averages 22.8 points. RJ Barrett is averaging 18.8 points and 3.1 assists over the last 10 games for New York. Dennis Schroder is third on the Lakers averaging 15.2 points while adding 3.5 rebounds and 5.3 assists per game. Montrezl Harrell is averaging 7.3 rebounds and 14.3 points per game over the last 10 games for Los Angeles. LAST 10 GAMES: Knicks: 5-5, averaging 105.4 points, 44.2 rebounds, 21.5 assists, 8.1 steals and six blocks per game while shooting 43.4% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 101.8 points on 43.4% shooting. Lakers: 5-5, averaging 104.6 points, 44 rebounds, 24.4 assists, 10.1 steals and four blocks per game while shooting 44.8% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 103.8 points on 45.3% shooting. INJURIES: Knicks: John Henson: out (calf), Mitchell Robinson: out (ankle). Lakers: LeBron James: out (ankle), Jared Dudley: out (knee), Kyle Kuzma: day to day (calf), Marc Gasol: day to day (hamstring), Wesley Matthews: day to day (achilles), Anthony Davis: out (achilles). ___ The Associated Press created this story using technology provided by Data Skrive and data from Sportradar. The Associated Press