- Gold edges up as Yellen comments shore up dollar Reuters - 10 hours ago
Gold edged lower on Monday as the dollar strengthened to a one-month high on signs the Federal Reserve is readying to raise interest rates for the first time in six years in 2015.
- Oil prices gain as firm demand outweighs dollar strength Reuters - 11 hours ago
By Nia Williams CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - Crude oil futures rose on Monday as firm global demand offset a strong dollar, although a holiday in the United States and much of Europe kept trading muted. …
By Nia Williams CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - Crude oil futures rose on Monday as firm global demand offset a strong dollar, although a holiday in the United States and much of Europe kept trading muted. Front-month Brent crude gained 53 cents to $65.90 a barrel by 1750 GMT, after touching an intraday low of $64.72. U.S. …
- China's Li looks to boost use of yuan in Latin America Reuters - 12 hours ago
Chile's central bank has entered into a three-year currency swap with the People's Bank of China to boost trade links, and the two are also clearing a path for the use of the Chinese yuan in the South …
- Greece says wants to make debt payments but needs aid urgently Reuters - 15 hours ago
Greece intends to make good on its debt obligations but needs aid urgently to be able to do so, the government said on Monday, after several senior officials insisted Athens had no money to pay a loan …
- AfDB sees Africa's GDP growth nearing pre-crisis levels Reuters - 15 hours ago
African economies will grow 4.5 percent this year and 5 percent in 2016 due to rising demand for exports, the highest levels since the global economic crisis took hold in 2007, the African Development …
- Regulation should be main tool against bubbles: Fed's Mester Reuters - 16 hours ago
Central bankers should be aware of the potentially destabilizing effects of super-easy policy on financial systems, a top U.S. Federal Reserve official said on Monday, even if monetary policy should not …
- Global markets mostly higher with Wall Street, London closed for holidays The Canadian Press - 19 hours ago
Asian stocks were mostly higher Monday on a quiet trading day with Hong Kong, Wall Street and London closed for holidays.
- European shares dip, dollar gains after Yellen comments Reuters - 20 hours ago
European shares fell in thin trade on Monday while the dollar held firm after U.S. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen indicated that the central bank was poised to raise interest rates this year.
- Greek PM says on final stretch toward deal with lenders Reuters - Sat, 23 May, 2015 9:35 AM EDT
By George Georgiopoulos ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said on Saturday his government was on the final stretch of negotiations with its international lenders on a cash-for-reforms …
By George Georgiopoulos ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said on Saturday his government was on the final stretch of negotiations with its international lenders on a cash-for-reforms deal that would not involve further pension cuts and harsh austerity. After four months of talks with its euro zone …
- Ireland threatens to penalise banks unless mortgage rates cut Reuters - Fri, 22 May, 2015 9:38 AM EDT
Ireland is considering penalizing Irish banks if they don't cut mortgage rates deemed too high by the government in coming weeks.
- Best of Buzzfeed
- Brands + Retail
- Business Insider
- Canadian Originals
- Careers + Education
- Design + Architecture
- Editors' Picks
- Food + Drink
- Luxury Homes
- How To Tips
- Investing Planning