SAN MATEO, Calif., July 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Vaulterus, LLC, a leading cloud based backup as a service company, announced the launch of its next generation database and file backup and recovery solution - BitCan™. BitCan™ enables seamless backups of databases, files, and systems to the cloud. BitCan™ supports SQL and NoSQL databases as well as Windows, Linux, and Unix file systems. BitCan™ benefits customers by improving cost efficiency, enabling extremely high backup and recovery service levels, and providing management simplicity, from setup to administration.
As more and more data proliferates across distributed environments, database administrators and Dev Ops personnel require an integrated backup platform that securely connects across heterogeneous databases and systems either within the datacenter or across public clouds. Additionally, this platform must reliably perform backups to the target destination. Only BitCan™ with it's zero client side install or plugins architecture delivers the unified connectivity across these demanding environments. Users can connect any bare metal server, virtual machine, or database to BitCan™ and start securely backing up their data in under two (2) minutes.
A recent BitCan™ review by SQLAuthority: http://bit.ly/1mIKkO4
"Customers are seeking a reliable and non-intrusive data protection platform for backups and recovery," said Ashish Mohindroo, General Manager, Vaulterus, LLC. "They also want control over selecting their backup storage destination: their own private cloud or a public cloud such as Amazon. BitCan™ was designed to meet the needs of today's environment and beyond. Bitcan's unique bandwidth aware architecture delivers fast and reliable backups to any destination of choice."
BitCan™ Cloud based Backup Service Highlights:
- Broad support for databases and systems: MongoDB, MySQL, Unix, Linux, & Windows.
- Public and Private cloud access: connect & backup data from databases & files residing in private (behind a firewall) or public clouds that include Amazon and Rackspace.
- Elastic storage: flexibility to increase or decrease storage based on your needs. You only pay for what you use. There is no data limit.
- Secure Backups: access authenticated over a secure communications layer using SSH. Data is further protected at the storage layer in the Cloud.
- Seamless Data Recovery and Restore: easy access and retrieval of stored data in the cloud. Users can restore entire databases and files with a few clicks.
- Network Throttling: network aware architecture only performs data backups when the network usage is low, preventing network clogging and disruption of other services.
- Graphical Management Dashboard: simple, intuitive, and integrated display to monitor backup schedule, progress and issues related to any backups.
- Alerts and Notifications: real-time notifications to custom recipient lists of any backup exceptions or errors.
- Delta Backups: after the initial backup, BitCan™ only backs ups new changes in files to the cloud, reduces backup times, storage and cost for the user.
BitCan™ is currently available. Users can access the service via http://www.gobitcan.com. They are also entitled to a Free 30 day trial.
BitCan™ is also offered as a virtual appliance with the same functionality that can be deployed in any datacenter or private or public cloud. Customers have the ability to use their own storage for backups if they so desire. Please send an email to email@example.com for additional information regarding the virtual appliance.
"A backup service should be silent and reliable and have minimal impact," said Sam Balooch, CIO, Spireon, a leading mobile resource management company. ''BitCan™ is all of that, and we couldn't be happier."
"I like BitCan™ because my backups just happen. I don't have to think about them, which is exactly how it ought to be!" said John Ward, Director of eCommerce, One Distribution, leading footwear and apparel manufacturer.
"BitCan's intuitive user interface and heterogeneous database support reduces database backup configuration and setup time from hours to minutes." said Eric Russo, Vice President Client Services, DatAvail, largest pure-play provider of remote database administration (DBA) services in North America.
About Vaulterus, LLC.
Vaulterus, LLC is the provider of BitCan™, a fast, reliable, and secure cloud backup service for databases, files, and systems. Vaulterus was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in San Mateo, California with regional offices in Denver and Irvine.