TORONTO--(Marketwire - Nov 15, 2012) - Next year, a company's credible and dynamic social media presence will wield even greater influence on brand success and consumer behavior than it does now. Organizations that do not embrace and properly leverage social media will be eclipsed by those that do. Sysomos developed its latest tip sheet, "20 Social Media Resolutions for 2013," to give marketers and others responsible for their organization's social media success practical guidelines to help them harness the power of social media and steer them toward becoming social enterprises. Following these "resolutions" will help drive increased brand recognition, easier-to-close sales and more satisfied customers.
- Every business should determine what defines its own social media success, beginning with a benchmark based on social listening followed by setting goals that are specific, concrete and measurable.
- Organizations should not try to be all things to all people, but rather focus their social media activities on the social channels that attract the demographic profiles of their best customers and prospects.
- The time to monitor social media is during an active marketing campaign; monitoring conversations to see what is working and what is not allows marketers to modify their offers or messages in real-time to achieve better results.
- With so much traffic on Facebook and Twitter, a staggering number of user accounts can be classified as inactive, fake or spammy, wreaking havoc on business metrics. Organizations should regularly audit their fan base to ensure their fans are human.
- Because social media serves as many people's preferred communication channel, companies that don't use social media to service their customers run the risk of losing them; a swift and satisfying response, visible across the social media sphere, can heavily impact customer retention.
"20 Social Media Resolutions for 2013" is the fourth in a series of Sysomos Tip Sheets published through the end of 2012 to help marketers leverage social media monitoring to advance their businesses. The next Tip Sheet, "How to Accurately Track and Measure Social Media Buzz," helps organizations understand how to harness social data and use it as a tactic before, during and after their campaigns.
Download a free copy of "20 Social Media Resolutions for 2013."
Sysomos, a Marketwire company, brings business intelligence to social media, providing instant and unlimited access to all social media conversations to quickly see what's happening, why it's happening, and who's driving the conversations.
Through the use of contextual text analytics and data mining technology, Sysomos collects data from blogs, Twitter, social networks, forums, video sites and major news sources.
Our products give you the ability to quickly discover the tone of the conversations and identify sentiment by gender, age and location.