The suspect, Craig Nelson Ross Jr., was arrested after authorities said his fingerprints matched one found on a ransom note
The suspect arrested in connection with the disappearance of Charlotte Sena has been charged with first-degree kidnapping, and additional charges are anticipated, according to a news release from the New York State Police.
Craig Nelson Ross Jr., 47, was taken into custody on Monday evening after 6:30 p.m., the press release states. New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said at a Monday night press conference that his fingerprints matched one found on a ransom note that he allegedly sent, PEOPLE previously reported.
Charlotte, 9, went missing Saturday evening while riding her bike near Moreau Lake State Park in Gansevoort, N.Y. She was found alive Monday night, New York State Police said, one day after police put out an AMBER Alert.
“She is in good hands. She appeared to be outwardly physically unharmed at the time,” Hochul said, adding that Charlotte had been transported to the hospital.
The Times-Union reported that Ross was arraigned at around 3:40 a.m. and is being held in Saratoga County Jail without bail.
Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE's free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.
The fingerprint found on the ransom note matched one from a 1999 DWI in Saratoga, Hochul said. The match led police to the home of Ross’ mother, where he was found in a camper parked in the rear Sunday evening, the governor said.
“After some resistance, the suspect was taken into custody and immediately the little girl was found in a cabinet, covered and she was rescued,” Hochul said. "She knew that she was being rescued. She knew that she was in safe hands.”
A GoFundMe page has been created to assist Charlotte's family.
For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!
Read the original article on People.