- Tune in free to a night of music and art celebrating mental wellness, presented by American Campus Communities. Star-studded lineup includes Cage the Elephant, White Denim, Tunde Adebimpe, Jason Falkner, Dan Luke and The Raid, Katie Schecter, and special guests
MONTREAL, Jan. 14, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stingray (TSX: RAY. A; RAY. B.), a leading music, media, and technology company, is proud to partner with The Hi, How Are You Project, a non-profit organization dedicated to encouraging thoughtful discussion around issues of mental well-being. On January 22, Stingray will offer music fans a free live stream of the Hi, How Are You Day 2020 live concert event on Stingray Qello (available on mobile and all major streaming devices.)
The Hi, How Are You Project was inspired by the life, music, and legacy of late singer-songwriter Daniel Johnston, an artist who struggled with mental health issues for the majority of his life. Johnston passed away from natural causes last September. His birthday, January 22, is now celebrated as Hi, How Are You Day. Donations to the Foundation fund mental health awareness, research, and education.
“Still today, the stigma surrounding mental health can prevent meaningful action and dialogue,” said Mathieu Péloquin Senior Vice-President, Marketing and Communication of Stingray. “We could not be prouder to be teaming up with the Hi, How Are You Project to encourage crucial conversations around issues of mental well-being. The free concert livestream event offers a powerful opportunity to share the Hi, How Are You’s mission with communities worldwide and showcase performance by wonderful artists who are committed to improving lives.”
For the third consecutive year, great talent will take to the stage for a worthy cause. The 2020 lineup includes:
- Grammy Award-winning rock band Cage the Elephant
- Four-piece prog rock outfit White Denim
- Lead singer of the Brooklyn-based band TV on the Radio Tunde Adebimpe
- Songwriter, musician, and guitarist Jason Falkner
- Singer/songwriter Katie Schecter
- Dan Luke and the Raid
- And more special guests to be announced soon.
How to access the free Hi, How Are You Day 2020 livestream on Stingray Qello:
- On January 22, visit stingray.com/hhay to stream live concerts for free
- To find the complete performance schedule: hihowareyou.org
- For a list of all available devices to watch the livestream: qello.com/devices
Montreal-based Stingray Group Inc. (TSX: RAY.A; RAY.B) is a leading music, media, and technology company with over 1,200 employees worldwide. Stingray is a premium provider of curated direct-to-consumer and B2B services, including audio television channels, more than 100 radio stations, SVOD content, 4K UHD television channels, karaoke products, digital signage, in-store music, and music apps, which have been downloaded 150 million times. Stingray reaches 400 million subscribers (or users) in 156 countries.
For more information: stingray.com
For more information, please contact:
Senior Vice-President, Marketing and Communications
1 514-664-1244, ext. 2362