Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Monday:
• Simon Property Group (NYSE:SPG) stock slipped 0.3% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (12:20 GMT) after its seventh-largest tenant, Forever 21, said it was filing for bankruptcy.
• CVS Health (NYSE:CVS) stock was in focus, after it announced it had stopped selling Sanofi's (NASDAQ:SNY) Zantac products due to a safety alert by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration that the drug could contain low levels of human carcinogens. Sanofi (PA:SASY) fell 0.6%.
• Blackstone (NYSE:BX) stock gained 0.7% on news that it is acquiring Colony Industrial for $5.9 billion.
• Bed Bath&Beyond (NASDAQ:BBBY) stock surged 4.4% after Wedbush upgraded the company to outperform, citing optimism that earnings will improve over the next few years.
• BP (NYSE:BP) stock was down 0.3% after Sky News reported that the company is preparing to announce the retirement of its CEO Bob Dudley.
•Credit Suisse (NYSE:CS) ADRs rose 1.2% on reports that the bank's board is set to back CEO Tidjane Thiam over accusations that he ordered investigators to spy on a key lieutenant who defected to rival UBS Group (NYSE:UBS).