- New Study Published in JAMA Psychiatry Found Three-Month Paliperidone Palmitate Significantly Delayed … PR Newswire - 2 hours 51 minutes ago
TITUSVILLE, N.J., March 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Three-month paliperidone palmitate, an investigational atypical antipsychotic, significantly delayed time to relapse compared to placebo in patients with ...
- Boao Health Forum：Health Industry to Rise in China PR Newswire - 7 hours ago
BOAO, China, March 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Boao Health Forum, one of the most important forums of Boao Forum for Asia, was held on Mar. 28. The Health Forum, including sections of keynote speech, sub-forums and contract signing, was attended by over 70 representatives of domestic and foreign medical institutions, such …
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio and Youngstown Office on Minority Health Host Citywide Baby Shower … Business Wire - 12 hours ago
- Spine Pain Elimination Project Kicks Off In Tucson PR Newswire - 13 hours ago
TUCSON, Ariz., March 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- BODYCENTRAL PHYSICAL THERAPY holds the open house event for the Spine & Athlete Performance Center today at 7493 East Tanque Verde Rd. from 12:30PM-2:30PM today. Along with the opening of their fourth Tucson location, the locally owned and operated company announces the Spine …
- Additional Clinical Reports of OvaScience AUGMENT Fertility Treatment Show Improved Pregnancy Rates in … Business Wire - 18 hours ago
OvaScienceSM , a global fertility company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of new treatment options, announced today that additional clinical experience of the Company’s AUGMENTSM treatment demonstrated improved pregnancy rates in women who had failed three to seven prior in vitro fertilization …
- Novavax Presents New Data From Non-Human Primate Ebola Challenge at the 7th International Symposium on … GlobeNewswire - 20 hours ago
GAITHERSBURG, Md. -- Novavax, Inc. , a clinical-stage vaccine company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of recombinant nanoparticle vaccines and adjuvants, today announced Gale ...
- ETFs Capitalize on the Generic Industry’s Growth Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 4:05 AM EDT
ETFs are the investment funds—like index funds and mutual funds—that track an index, a commodity, or a basket of assets. ETFs are publicly traded on an exchange.
- What Drives Generic Pharmaceuticals’ Valuation? Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 3:05 AM EDT
Valuation reflects the market’s perceptions of the industry’s growth prospects. The major value drivers for valuation are ROIC and the growth rate.
- What’s Supporting Continued Growth in the Generics Market? Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 2:05 AM EDT
The global generics market was valued at $168 billion in 2013. From 2013 to 2018, it's expected to grow at a CAGR of 11% to reach $283 billion.
- Complex Generics Are Attractive Due to High Margins Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 2:05 AM EDT
Complex generics are large and complex formulations or active ingredients used to treat chronic and life threatening diseases like cancer, Hepatitis C, and HIV.
- Specialty Generics: Why Are They Getting More Attention? Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 2:05 AM EDT
There are two categories of specialty generics – NTE (New Therapeutic Entities) and Complex Generics. In this part of the series, we'll discuss NTE.
- Affordable Pricing Is Driving the Generic Drug Market Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 2:05 AM EDT
Generic drugs are cheaper. They have a less expensive and time consuming development and approval process. This encourages other players to enter the market.
- How Aetna Generates Value for its Shareholders Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 2:05 AM EDT
Aetna creates value for its shareholders by distributing dividends, repurchasing shares, and focusing on both organic and inorganic growth.
- Farallon Capital Increases Position in Covidien Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 1:05 AM EDT
In January 2015, Medtronic completed the acquisition of Covidien in a cash and stock transaction valued at ~$49.9 billion, creating Medtronic Plc.
- Farallon Capital Increases Position in Allergan Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 1:05 AM EDT
In November 2014, generic drug maker Actavis agreed to buy Allergan for $66 billion, or $219 per share in cash and stocks.
- The Risk-to-Reward Ratio of the Pharmacyclics–AbbVie Merger Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 1:05 AM EDT
The annualized spread in the Pharmacyclics–AbbVie merger is about 6.2%. But in the risk arbitrage world, a 6.2% spread means a deal with some “hair” on it.
- The Pharmacyclics–AbbVie Merger: What Are the Details? Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 1:05 AM EDT
In the Pharmacyclics–AbbVie merger, Pharmacyclics (PCYC) shareholders will receive $261.25 per share. The companies expect a second quarter 2015 close.
- How Does Aetna Compare with Its Peers in Valuation? Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 1:05 AM EDT
Investors generally use a forward price-to-earnings (or PE) ratio to compare valuations and determine the best-performing private health insurance company.
- How the NAIC’s Capital Requirements Affect Aetna Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 1:05 AM EDT
The NAIC, a US standard setting and regulatory support organization, has imposed capital requirements on the insurance business called RBC requirements.
- How Does Aetna Compare to Its Peers in Medical Care Ratio? Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 1:04 AM EDT
The medical care ratio of health insurance companies is calculated as the ratio of the total money spent in health care claims to premiums earned.
- How Aetna Plans to Improve Quality of Care and Reduce Costs Market Realist - Sat, 28 Mar, 2015 1:04 AM EDT
Aetna has adopted a strategy involving a combination of value-based payments and effective health technologies to transform its provider network.
- Federal audit finds Maryland misallocated $28.4 million for flawed health care exchange The Canadian Press - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 8:27 PM EDT
ANNAPOLIS, Md. - Maryland misallocated $28.4 million in federal money for its flawed health care exchange and should pay the money back, according to a federal audit released Friday.
- Alexander Chi, MD Involved in Groundbreaking Lung Cancer Treatment Studies PR Newswire - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 7:43 PM EDT
As a professional with special expertise in stereo-tactic ablative radiotherapy, what is more commonly known as stereo-tactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for the treatment of thoracic malignancies, Dr. Chi is excited about the potential outcome of the study, which, he believes, could one day lead to an all new way of …
- New Medical Device Quality Study Finds Regulatory Environment is Boosting Quality Spending, Especially … PR Newswire - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 6:30 PM EDT
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., March 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The quality function within the medical device sector carries an intimidating job description: ensure products meet quality standards at every stage of ...
- Medical Affairs Capabilities Expanding in Emerging Marketplaces PR Newswire - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 6:30 PM EDT
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., March 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Across the global healthcare landscape, the Medical Affairs function is essential to meeting challenges in clinical development, market education, and ...
- Small Cap IR Correction -- BioCorRx Inc. Positions Itself Through Strategic Partnerships To Gain Market … PR Newswire - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 6:23 PM EDT
The Company created a unique treatment program which includes the use of FDA-approved Naltrexone in a specially compounded form for outpatient surgical implantation. The Company has exclusive rights (excluding Australia and New Zealand) to the specially formulated Naltrexone implant. The treatment program also includes …
- IMS Health's Social Media Analytics Solution Named a Leader by IDC MarketScape Business Wire - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 6:05 PM EDT
IMS Health has been named a leader in IDC Health Insights’ assessment of social media and analytics software and services offerings available to the life sciences industry.
- IMS Health Study: Reimbursement Approaches Based on Cost-Per-Quality-Adjusted-Life-Year Measures Rather … Business Wire - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 5:55 PM EDT
Even as the surge in innovative oncology medicines yields new therapeutic options for a growing number of cancer patients, different approaches to reimbursement by health systems across the globe are likely having an impact both on patient access to transformative treatments and overall care, according to a new report from …
- Adamis Pharmaceuticals Receives Complete Response Letter From FDA for Its Epinephrine Pre-Filled Syringe … GlobeNewswire - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 5:41 PM EDT
SAN DIEGO -- Adamis Pharmaceuticals Corporation ("Company") announced that today it received a Complete Response Letter (CRL) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regarding its New ...
- Advocate Healthcare Acquires Site In Huntley, Illinois From Horizon Group Properties, Inc. PR Newswire - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 5:19 PM EDT
NORTON SHORES, Mich., March 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Horizon Group Properties, Inc. (HGPI) today announced that it has sold 5.9 acres of land in its master-planned development in Huntley, Illinois to Advocate Healthcare. Advocate plans to use the land as the site for a medical office building. Advocate Healthcare is the …
- Hospitals Going Out For Profitable Care Investor's Business Daily - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 5:02 PM EDT
Hospitals are looking to expand their services to help cut costs and bring in higher-paying patients, as changes in the health care industry force providers to revamp their strategies. Medicare isn't growing ...
- Vitae Pharmaceuticals to Announce Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2014 Financial Results on March 31, 2 … GlobeNewswire - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 4:45 PM EDT
FORT WASHINGTON, Pa. -- Vitae Pharmaceuticals, Inc. , a clinical-stage biotechnology company, will host a conference call on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 8:30 a.m. EDT to discuss fourth quarter and full ...
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Announces an Investigation Involving Possible Violations of … PR Newswire - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 4:45 PM EDT
NEW YORK, March 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Levi & Korsinsky announces it has commenced an investigation of Ohr Pharmaceutical, Inc. (NASDAQ: OHRP) concerning possible violations of federal securities laws. ...
- Can-Fite Files 2014 Annual Report on Form 20-F PR Newswire - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 4:29 PM EDT
Can-Fite BioPharma Ltd. (NYSE MKT: CANF) (CFBI.TA) is an advanced clinical stage drug development Company with a platform technology that is designed to address multi-billion dollar markets in the treatment of cancer, inflammatory disease and sexual dysfunction. The Company's CF101 recently completed Phase II/III trials …
- DaVita HealthCare Partners Announces CFO Transition PR Newswire - Fri, 27 Mar, 2015 4:15 PM EDT
DENVER, March 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. (NYSE: DVA), one of the nation's largest and most innovative health care communities, today announced that Garry E. Menzel, Ph.D., ...