- Novogen to Present at AusBiotech "Broker Meets Biotech" Event PR Newswire - 10 minutes ago
Nasdaq: 'NVGN'), an Australian-US drug discovery company focused on the clinical development of drugs targeting two novel drug targets pertinent to a range of therapeutic indications, announced today that Graham Kelly, PhD, CEO and Executive Chairman, will present at the AusBiotech "Broker Meets Biotech" event held Wednesday …
- Cure SMA Announces $315,000 Grant to California Institute of Biomedical Research PR Newswire - 2 hours 8 minutes ago
ELK GROVE VILLAGE, Ill., March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Cure SMA recently announced a new $315,000 drug discovery grant to the California Institute of Biomedical Research (CALIBR). Survival motor neuron (SMN) protein is critical to the function of the nerves that control muscles. Individuals with spinal muscular atrophy …
- Innovative App Determines Prostate Cancer Risk Level PR Newswire - 2 hours 12 minutes ago
"The ProstateCheck app is intended to remind men of their prostate cancer screening early on", explains Prof. Dr. Franz Recker, Chairman of the Swiss Prostate Cancer Research Foundation and Head of Urology at the Aarau Cantonal Hospital. Between 30% and 40% of men will have tumor cells in their prostate at some point that …
- Prime Healthcare Continues Growth with Completed Acquisitions of Dallas Regional Medical Center in Texas … PR Newswire - 2 hours 42 minutes ago
ONTARIO, Calif., March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Prime Healthcare announced today that it has completed its acquisition of two hospitals from subsidiaries of Community Health Systems: Dallas Regional Medical Center in Mesquite, Texas and Riverview Regional Medical Center in Gadsden, Alabama, as well as related outpatient …
- Two Sutter Health Medical Centers Named as '100 Top Hospitals' in Nation PR Newswire - 2 hours 55 minutes ago
The Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals® study identifies hospitals and leadership teams that provide the highest level of value to their communities, based on a national balanced scorecard. "Our hospitals and doctor groups consistently rank among California's highest performers," said Stephen Lockhart, M.D., Ph.D., Sutter …
- Almost 30 Countries Suffer from Weaker Health Systems Than Ebola-Hit West Africa, Putting Millions at … PR Newswire - 3 hours ago
President and CEO of Save the Children USA, Carolyn Miles, said: "A robust health system could have helped get Ebola under control much sooner, saving thousands of children's lives and billions of dollars. "Without trained health workers and a functioning health system in place, it's more likely that an epidemic could …
- Mitra Biotech CANScript Platform Validated for Personalized Cancer Care Business Wire - 3 hours ago
Mitra Biotech, a cancer diagnostics company, today announced that a study validating its flagship platform CANScriptTM has been published in Nature Communications, an open access, multidisciplinary journal dedicated to publishing high-quality research in all areas of the biological, physical, chemical and Earth science …
- Community Health Systems Announces Divestiture of Riverview Regional Medical Center in Gadsden, Alabama … Business Wire - 3 hours ago
Community Health Systems, Inc. announced today that subsidiaries of the Company have completed the sale of Riverview Regional Medical Center in Gadsden, Alabama, and Dallas Regional Medical Center in Mesquite, Texas, to subsidiaries of Prime Healthcare Services, LLC.
- Elliott Management starts new position in Cubist Pharmaceuticals Market Realist - 4 hours ago
Cubist Pharmaceuticals has grown its pipeline via acquisitions. In 2013, it acquired Trius Therapeutics, obtaining rights to tedizolid phosphate.
- Asthma Drug Xolair Linked to Severe Brain, Heart Issues, Pharmaceutical Lawyers at Baron and Budd Re … Business Wire - 4 hours ago
Xolair, a drug used to treat allergic asthma in adults and children 12 years and older, has been linked to significant health issues such as mini-strokes, heart attacks and blood clots, the national law firm of Baron and Budd reports.
- China Dental Industry Report, 2014-2018 PR Newswire - 4 hours ago
NEW YORK, March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Oral industry refers to the medical industry chain on the basis of oral medical consumption, mainly covering oral medical apparatus (equipment and consumables) and ...
- Duke University expert joins FDA at critical juncture for drug, tobacco oversight The Canadian Press - 4 hours ago
- Community Health Systems Announces Buyout of Partner in Five-Hospital Joint Venture in Oklahoma Business Wire - 4 hours ago
Community Health Systems, Inc. announced today that subsidiaries have acquired full ownership of five hospitals in Oklahoma – 53-bed Blackwell Regional Hospital in Blackwell, 56-bed Clinton Regional Hospital in Clinton, 25-bed Marshall County Medical Center in Madill, 52-bed Mayes County Medical Center in Pryor and 32-bed …
- Freescale Semiconductor, Lumber Liquidators, Sonic and Endo and are big market movers The Canadian Press - 4 hours ago
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Monday on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Stock Market:
- ClearFlow’s PleuraFlow System Exhibited at Association of Physician Assistants in Cardiovascular Surgery … Business Wire - 4 hours ago
ClearFlow, Inc., a medical device company based in Anaheim, CA, is currently exhibiting its innovative PleuraFlow® Active Clearance Technology® System at the 34th annual Association of Physician Assistants in Cardiovascular Surgery meeting in Las Vegas.
- Mylan Files Annual Report on Form 10-K for Year Ended Dec. 31, 2014 PR Newswire - 5 hours ago
POTTERS BAR, England and PITTSBURGH, March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Mylan N.V. (Nasdaq: MYL) and Mylan Inc. today announced that Mylan Inc. filed its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December ...
- JANA Partners ups position in Valeant Pharmaceuticals Market Realist - 5 hours ago
JANA increased its stake in Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX) in the fourth quarter. The position was 5.76% of the fund’s portfolio, or 4,307,534 shares.
- Company Profile for APCER Pharma Solutions, Inc. Business Wire - 5 hours ago
APCER Pharma is a global provider of strategic and outsourced services for clinical safety, pharmacovigilance, medical affairs, and regulatory operations. Its international team of
- Whistleblowers Against Fraud Explains Why the DOJ Is Cracking Down on Healthcare Companies PR Newswire - 5 hours ago
BOHEMIA, N.Y., March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Whistleblowers Against Fraud (WAF) is an organization dedicated to supporting individuals who have information about major fraud perpetrated against the U.S. government or its citizens. WAF discusses how the Department of Justice (DOJ) is cracking down on fraud within …
- Gilead Sciences to Present at the Cowen and Company 35th Annual Health Care Conference on Tuesday, March … Business Wire - 5 hours ago
Gilead Sciences, Inc. today announced that its corporate presentation will be webcast from the Cowen and Company 35th Annual Health Care Conference in Boston.
- Landauer, Inc. Announces Date and Time for Announcement of Fiscal First Quarter 2015 Results and Conference … PR Newswire - 5 hours ago
GLENWOOD, Ill., March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Landauer, Inc. (NYSE: LDR) , a recognized leader in personal and environmental radiation measurement and monitoring, outsourced medical physics services and ...
- LTC Announces Completion and Opening of New Memory Care Community in Denver Metro Area Business Wire - 5 hours ago
LTC Properties, Inc. , a real estate investment trust that primarily invests in seniors housing and health care properties, announced today the completion and opening of
- KYTHERA Biopharmaceuticals Announces 2014 Operating Results GlobeNewswire - 5 hours ago
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. -- KYTHERA Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. today reported financial results for its quarter and year ended December 31, 2014, and provided an update on recent accomplishments.
- AAC Holdings, Inc. to Present at Raymond James 36th Annual Institutional Investors Conference Business Wire - 5 hours ago
AAC Holdings, Inc. today announced that it is participating in the Raymond James 36th Annual Institutional Investors Conference, which will be taking place in Orlando, Florida from March 2 to March 4, 2015.
- Aquinox Pharmaceuticals Completes Enrollment in the Phase 2 LEADERSHIP Trial of AQX-1125 in Bladder Pain … GlobeNewswire - 5 hours ago
VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Aquinox Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("Aquinox") , a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company discovering and developing targeted therapeutics in disease areas of inflammation ...
- Anabolic Laboratories Selects Emerson Ecologics As Distribution Partner PR Newswire - 5 hours ago
MANCHESTER, N.H., March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Emerson Ecologics, LLC , the leading provider of professional-grade vitamins, supplements, prescription products and natural health and beauty products, ...
- Progenics Pharmaceuticals Announces Presentation at ENDO 2015 GlobeNewswire - 5 hours ago
TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc., announced today that long-term follow-up data from its ongoing pivotal Phase 2 Study of AzedraTM in patients with pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma ...
- TearLab to Participate in the 27th Annual ROTH Conference GlobeNewswire - 5 hours ago
SAN DIEGO -- TearLab Corporation ("TearLab" or the "Company") today announced its President & COO, Seph Jensen, will present an update on the Company's business at the 27th Annual ROTH ...
- Amgen Showcases Cardiovascular Pipeline At ACC.15 With New Cholesterol-Lowering And Chronic Heart Failure … PR Newswire - 5 hours ago
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif., March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN) today announced that it will present 15 abstracts, including data evaluating Repatha TM (evolocumab), an investigational cholesterol-lowering ...
- Health Net Names Vice President of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications Business Wire - 5 hours ago
Health Net, Inc. today announced that it has named Peter O’Neill, 58, vice president, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications, effective today. This is a new pos
- Connecture Announces Preliminary 2014 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Revenue GlobeNewswire - 5 hours ago
BROOKFIELD, Wis. -- Connecture, Inc. , a provider of web-based information systems used to create health insurance marketplaces, today announced that it expects revenue for fourth quarter 2014 to be in ...
- Halozyme Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2014 Financial Results PR Newswire - 5 hours ago
SAN DIEGO, March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALO) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2014. Financial highlights for ...
- Puma Biotechnology Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2014 Financial Results Business Wire - 5 hours ago
Puma Biotechnology, Inc. , a development stage biopharmaceutical company, announced financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2014.
- Centene Corporation To Present At Barclays Global Healthcare Conference PR Newswire - 5 hours ago
ST. LOUIS, March 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Centene Corporation (NYSE: CNC) announced today it will present at the Barclays Global Healthcare Conference, to be held from March 10-12, 2015, at the Loews Miami ...
- Nordic Nanovector ASA – Recommendation of the Nomination Committee Business Wire - 5 hours ago
Reference is made to the Notice of Annual General Meeting of Nordic Nanovector ASA dated 23 February 2015.