- Canada's Nurses Say, 'It's a Great Week for Health Care,' Following NDP Announcement of Universal Public … Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 1:30 PM EDT
Canada's Nurses are again applauding the New Democratic Party of Canada for their leadership in health care this week, with the announced commitment to develop a universal public prescription drug plan ...
- Patterson Companies Was XLV’s Worst Performer Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 11:06 AM EDT
Patterson Companies was the worst performer within the Health Care Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLV) for the period between August 25 and August 31, with a return of -4.10%.
- Regeneron and Shire Drag Down Top Ten Stocks by Market Cap Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 9:08 AM EDT
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN) fell 6.84% for the week ended September 4, 2015. Investors didn't get excited by the news of new positive Praluent Phase 3 data.
- Open Innovation Challenge Delivers New Data on Appropriateness of Care Marketwired - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 8:31 PM EDT
Teams from across Canada raced to answer pressing questions about the healthcare system for an opportunity to take part in up to $80,000 in awards. During the two-month ImagineNation Data Impact Challenge, ...
- Performance of XBI and IBB with Respective Benchmark Indexes Market Realist - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 7:47 PM EDT
The SPDR S&P Biotech ETF (XBI) fell 4.53%. It tracks the S&P Biotechnology Select Industry Index as its benchmark index, which fell 4.32% for the week ended September 4.
- Incyte and Neurocrine Trade above 100-Day Moving Averages Market Realist - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 6:22 PM EDT
On September 4, 2015, Incyte (INCY) closed trading at $115.88 and continued to trade above 20-day, 50-day, and 100-day moving averages. The stock outperformed the IBB.
- Regeneron and Endo International Underperform Market Realist - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 6:22 PM EDT
Although there was positive news, Regeneron (REGN) stock still fell 6.84% and followed the prevailing downward trend. REGN has a weight of 7.26% in IBB.
- Users describe the effects of one of America's scariest designer drugs Business Insider - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 6:15 PM EDT
The group of synthetic drugs known as "bath salts" have been all over the news this year, leading...
- Anti-vaxxers just were handed their biggest platform ever Business Insider - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 2:07 PM EDT
Near the end of Wednesday night's second Republican presidential debate, CNN moderator...
- Small Caps of IBB Underperform from August 25–31 Market Realist - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 12:07 PM EDT
XBI’s top ten small-cap stocks returned 11.37%, while IBB’s top ten small-cap stocks gained 10.74%. Thus, IBB's small-cap stocks underperformed.
- Alnylam and ISIS Lead Mid-Cap Stocks Market Realist - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 12:07 PM EDT
Alnylam and ISIS led mid-cap stocks from August 25–31, 2015. Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY) has a weight of 1.60% in IBB and 1.15% in XBI. The stock gained 10.89% in that period.
- IBB American Depositary Receipts Outperform IBB Market Realist - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 11:08 AM EDT
Considering only the ADRs within IBB, the ADRs outperformed the fund itself. The average total return of ADRs was 6.37%, while IBB rose 5.27% for August 25–31.
- Global Healthcare Income & Growth Fund Announces Exchange Ratios Marketwired - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 10:35 AM EDT
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES. Global Healthcare Income & Growth Fund has determined the exchange ratios for the exchange option with...
- Arch Biopartners: AB569 Successfully Completes Pre-Clinical Validation Studies Marketwired - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 9:10 AM EDT
Arch Biopartners Inc or announced AB569, the Company's drug candidate for treating pulmonary Pseudomonas aeruginosa infections, has successfully completed pre-clinical in vivo and...
- M Pharmaceutical to Request DTC Eligibility to Improve Liquidity on the OTCQB Marketwired - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 9:00 AM EDT
M Pharmaceutical Inc. , a clinical-stage company developing innovative technologies for the monitoring and treatment of obesity, diabetes, and other gastroenterological indications, today...
- Experts just released a rough guide for advising parents about whether they should sequence their kids' … Business Insider - Wed, 16 Sep, 2015 4:21 PM EDT
A growing number of parents are getting their children genetically tested to find out their kids'...
- Bernie Sanders just slammed a report that claimed his proposals would cost a monstrous $18 trillion Business Insider - Tue, 15 Sep, 2015 4:02 PM EDT
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont) is pushing back on the eye-popping estimated price tag of his...
- Google Life Sciences just hired the government's top mental illness expert Business Insider - Tue, 15 Sep, 2015 12:25 PM EDT
Google's Life Sciences team is growing quickly, now that it's part of the Alphabet family...
- What Was Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Growth Rate in 2Q15? Market Realist - Tue, 15 Sep, 2015 11:34 AM EDT
Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) achieved a 16% growth in constant exchange rate revenue in 2Q15 over 2Q14.
- Solarvest's Nanuq(TM) Organic Omega-3 Receives FDA Approval Marketwired - Tue, 15 Sep, 2015 8:00 AM EDT
SOLARVEST BIOENERGY INC. has achieved another important milestone in the commercialization of our unique 'Nanuq™' brand Omega-3 products. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a...
- Ecuador just caught one of Peru's top drug dealers after noticing his name tattooed on his foot Business Insider - Mon, 14 Sep, 2015 5:42 PM EDT
Ecuadorian authorities extradited accused Peruvian drug trafficker Gerald Oropeza after...
- Aphria Reports Results for Q4 and Fiscal 2015 Marketwired - Mon, 14 Sep, 2015 5:00 PM EDT
Aphria Inc. today reported its financial results for fourth quarter and year ended May 31, 2015. All amounts are expressed in Canadian dollars, unless otherwise stated. Q4 and Fiscal 2015...
- Mettrum Executive Announcement: George Scorsis Appointed as President Marketwired - Mon, 14 Sep, 2015 4:00 PM EDT
Mettrum Health Corp. , a vertically integrated health and wellness company focused on research, development, production and distribution of cannabis products, is pleased to...
- Canada's Nurses Commend NDP on Continuing Strong Stand for Public Health Care Marketwired - Mon, 14 Sep, 2015 2:40 PM EDT
Canada's Nurses are again commending the New Democratic Party of Canada for committing to public health care. Following yesterday's $1.8 billion commitment to new health care funding for seniors over the ...
- How Will Vertex Solve Its Falling Revenue Woes? Market Realist - Mon, 14 Sep, 2015 11:07 AM EDT
Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) makes up 1.19% of the Health Care Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLV). It has a market cap of ~$31 billion.
- BriaCell Launches Development of Companion Diagnostic Product, BriaDx(TM) Marketwired - Mon, 14 Sep, 2015 9:30 AM EDT
- PerkinElmer and Mallinckrodt Help Bottom Ten Stocks in XLV Market Realist - Mon, 14 Sep, 2015 9:07 AM EDT
PerkinElmer (PKI) with a return of 5.94% was the best performer of XLV's bottom ten stocks.
- Spectral Now Recruiting the Last 75 Patients in Its Phase III Trial Marketwired - Mon, 14 Sep, 2015 8:57 AM EDT
Spectral Medical Inc. , , a Phase III company developing the first treatment for patients with septic shock that comprises a therapeutic device guided by a companion diagnostic, today announced...
- Canada's Nurses Say 'Finally Serious Discussion on Health Care Starts With Today's Seniors Commitment … Marketwired - Sun, 13 Sep, 2015 12:30 PM EDT
Canada's Nurses are applauding the New Democratic Party of Canada for committing to $1.8 billion in new health care funding for seniors over the next 4 years and are calling on other political parties ...
- A rare photo of one of history's wealthiest drug lords posing in front of the White House Business Insider - Sat, 12 Sep, 2015 5:30 PM EDT
Standing in front of the White House with his son in this 1981 photo is infamous Medellín...
- Vertex and Biogen Outperformd XLV and SPY Market Realist - Fri, 11 Sep, 2015 1:26 PM EDT
The Health Care Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLV) rose by 2.68% between August 25 and August 31, as 49 of its 55 stocks had positive returns.
- IBB ADRs Outperform Benchmark for August 10–17, 2015 Market Realist - Thu, 10 Sep, 2015 10:06 PM EDT
The iShares NASDAQ Biotechnology ETF (IBB) has 14 American Depository Receipts (ADR) in its portfolio. These ADRs have a weight of 9.36% and gave an average return of 0.85% for August 10–17, 2015.
- IBB’s Top 10 Mid-Caps Outperform XBI’s Top 10 Mid-Caps Market Realist - Thu, 10 Sep, 2015 10:06 PM EDT
In the mid-cap space, the iShares NASDAQ Biotechnology ETF's (IBB) top ten stocks outperformed the SPDR S&P Biotech ETF's (XBI) top ten stocks.
- Toronto's 27th Annual Scotiabank AIDS Walk for Life Taking Place Sunday, September 13, 2015 Marketwired - Thu, 10 Sep, 2015 3:41 PM EDT
- This woman just became one of the most powerful people at IBM Business Insider - Thu, 10 Sep, 2015 11:52 AM EDT
IBM just hired Deborah DiSanzo to lead the company's all-important Watson Health unit...