TORONTO — Some of the most active companies traded Friday on the Toronto Stock Exchange:
Toronto Stock Exchange (18,480.98, down 521.70 points)
TC Energy Corp. (TSX:TRP). Energy. Down $3.30, or 5.28 per cent, to $59.21 on 12 million shares.
Suncor Energy Inc. (TSX:ABX). Energy. Down $3.77, or 9.26 per cent, to $36.95 on 10.88 million shares.
Barrick Gold Corp. (TSX:ABX). Materials. Down 68 cents, or 3.34 per cent, to $19.66 on 10.33 million shares.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. (TSX:CNQ). Energy. Down $4.82, or 7.03 per cent, to $63.72 on 9.45 million shares.
Cenovus Energy Inc. (TSX:CVE). Energy. Down $2.06, or 8.93 per cent, to $21.00 on 9.45 million shares.
Athabasca Oil Corp. (TSX:ATH). Energy. Down 18 cents, or eight per cent, to $2.07 on 8.97 million shares.
Companies in the news:
Dye & Durham Ltd. (TSX:DND). Up 60 cents, or 4.98 per cent, to $12.66. The company says it has called off its proposed acquisition of Australian company Link Administration Holdings Ltd. Dye & Durham CEO Matthew Proud says the company is disappointed after the significant time and resources it invested in the deal. Questions about the future of the deal were raised earlier this week after a U.K. regulator assessed a 50-million-pound penalty against Link Group in addition to a potential restitution payment of up to about 306 million pounds.
Yamana Gold Inc. (TSX:YRI). Down 33 cents, or 5.69 per cent, to $5.47. Glencore International AG is increasing its stake in Yamana Gold Inc.'s Mara project with a deal to buy Newmont Corp.'s 18.75 per cent interest. Yamana will remain the Mara joint venture operator with a 56.25 per cent interest, while Glencore will own the remaining 43.75 per cent once the deal is complete. Under the terms of the agreement, Glencore will pay Newmont US$124.9 million upon closing and a US$30-million deferred payment upon commercial production that is subject to an annual interest charge of six per cent.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Sept. 23, 2022.
The Canadian Press