The British pound broke lower during the trading session on Thursday as we continue to see a lot of drama involving whether or not Theresa May will stay or go, and of course the EU parliamentary elections going on in the United Kingdom makes this a bit of a sideshow as well. With this breakdown, it looks very likely that we are going to go to the next major support level, which I have defined as the ¥138 level at the 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level. Ultimately, if we do that it’s likely that the market will completely unwind at that point and probably collapse.
GBP/JPY Video 24.05.19
On that breakdown, it would not surprise me at all to see this market go to the ¥135 level, possibly even lower. However, if the ¥138 level holds then we could get a bounce back towards the ¥140 level. We need some type of good news out of Great Britain for that to happen though, and quite frankly it’s difficult to imagine that being the case right now considering how much drama and flat out noise continues to be a major issue at this point. In the short term, it certainly looks as if we go lower so obviously selling is about the only thing you can do over the next day or so. That being said, it’s only going to take an announcement or a tweet or something else to turn this right back around.
Please let us know what you think in the comments below
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- E-mini S&P 500 Index (ES) Futures Technical Analysis – Swing Chart Points to 2732.50 by May 29
- Gold Price Forecast -Gold markets rally significantly on Thursday
- S&P 500 Price Forecast – Stock markets get hammered
- EUR/USD Price Forecast – Euro gets hammered
- E-mini Dow Jones Industrial Average (YM) Futures Technical Analysis – 24900 Trigger Point for Steep Break into 24122
- GBP/USD Price Forecast – British pound trying to find legs again