This article contains distressing content
A football coach was left with horrific injuries after he was tortured by a group of attackers who beat him with an axe and a sledgehammer, set his hands and feet on fire and carved into his back with a knife.
Jordan Storey was left with broken ribs, a broken nose, broken toe, cuts to various parts of his body including a dozen wounds to his forearm and a cut down to the bone on his thumb as well as cigarette burns to his arm.
The incorrectly-spelled word 'nonse' had also been carved into his back, despite there being no suggestion he was responsible for any wrongdoing.
Footage of the assault on Storey, who said he previously worked as a football coach, was posted on social media, prompting members of the public to contact police.
Four people, Jamie Barker, Lewis Herman, Rebecca McNally and Chelsea Wilson-Ford, pled guilty to the assault and have all been handed jail sentences.
After the sentencing of the group for the attack on Storey, the 28-year-old agreed for pictures of his injuries to be released.
Newcastle Crown Court heard Storey had known Wilson-Ford for 10 years and she phoned him on 17 February last year saying her partner, Barker, had assaulted her.
This led to Storey and a friend going to Wilson-Ford's flat to confront and assault Barker.
Storey then stayed at the flat, on Esplanade, Whitley Bay, to protect Wilson-Ford, the court heard.
He was assaulted but returned to the flat to look after his friend, joining the other four in drinking into the early hours of 21 February.
But at some point the quartet, who had taken MDMA, began inflicting horrific violence on him - an attack the prosecution said was motivated by revenge for the previous assault by him on Barker.
The court heard that Storey was punched repeatedly, and held down while he was hit with a wine bottle. He was also hit with a sledgehammer and a dumbbell was used to hit his kneecaps.
The attack, which was recorded on Barker's mobile phone, also involved being hit with a metal dog chain and an axe as the group told him they planned to kill him.
The assailants set fire to Storey's hair and his feet, as well as carving the word 'nonse' into his back and extinguishing cigarettes on him.
As he lay in agony on a sofa, he overheard the group discussing killing him with the sledgehammer and dumping his body on the beach at Whitley Bay, as well as trying to frame him for the rape of McNally.
He was found by police in the early hours of the morning on February 23 badly injured and suffering acute kidney failure.
Officers found videos and pictures of the attack on Barker's phone, as well as pictures on Herman's phone, who had posted a video of the violence on Facebook.
In a victim impact statement, Storey said: "The injuries I sustained are horrific and I genuinely thought they were going to kill me. I had accepted this was the end for me. All I could thing about was my children and family. I feared I would never see them again.
"Instead of killing me they decided to scar me for life and carve 'nonce' in big letters onto my back and degrade me for life while I was strapped to the chair.
"The footage was shared with almost everyone in my local area and my friends and family have viewed how I was tortured.
"The humiliation is beyond description. Being tortured was horrific."
He said he feels he looks like a thug due to his scars and is unable to work as a shopfitter due to nerve damage caused by the deep wound to his thumb.
Jordan, who now has PTSD and said his mum, an ambulance worker, had also been left traumatised by the attack.
He also said he is no longer able to work as a football coach.
Barker, 28, of Horton Avenue, Shiremoor, North Tyneside, Herman, 25, of Hudson Street, North Shields and McNally, 29, of Stanley Street, Wallsend, all pleaded guilty to wounding with intent and Wilson-Ford, 23, of The Esplanade, Whitley Bay, admitted unlawful wounding.
Barker, who has 78 previous convictions and Herman, who has 34 previous convictions were each jailed for 10 years and three months, McNally, in trouble seven times before, got nine years and Wilson-Ford, who has no previous convictions, was locked up for two years.
All were also given indefinite restraining orders. Defence barristers said all four were sorry for their actions.
Watch: How to prevent getting into debt