- AstraZeneca sells rare cancer drug to Sanofi for up to $300 million Reuters
LONDON (Reuters) - AstraZeneca , under pressure from falling sales of older drugs, is selling a medicine for a rare type of cancer to Sanofi as it continues a drive to raise cash by divesting certain …
- Key dates in Greece's funding talks with the euro zone Reuters
Greece and its euro zone partners formally launched talks on July 17 designed to lead to a third bailout program for Athens that could total 86 billion euros ($93.4 billion) over three years.
- Ottawa woman defends work of charity revoked by Canada Revenue Agency CBC
An Ottawa woman is defending her organization's work after the Canada Revenue Agency revoked its charitable status due to more than $167 million in false tax receipts.
- Euro zone's have-nots ask - why should Greece get more than us? Reuters
Bozena Vargova, a retired physiotherapist from Slovakia, cannot understand why her country should bail out Greeks who often earn twice as much as Slovaks and run up debts.
- The $100 million question: are we alone in the cosmos? Reuters
Wondering if we are alone in the universe has engaged minds through the ages. Add to the list Russian billionaire Yuri Milner, who announced on Monday that he plans to spend $100 million to explore the …
- Special Report: The man who cost Greece billions Reuters
Once again Alexis Tsipras was struggling to make a decision. For hours on July 13, the Greek prime minister and Europe's leaders had been trying to thrash out a new deal to bail out bankrupt Greece and …
- Why you’re not getting any calls about your resume Yahoo Finance Canada
If you wouldn’t say during an interview, make sure you haven't posted it anywhere online
- What crisis? Greek troubles that terrified markets in 2012 seem manageable now The Canadian Press
The prospect of a Greek crackup isn't so terrifying anymore.
- Banks and insurers increasingly shy away from former grow ops, brokers say The Canadian Press
At first glance, the mid-century, three-level Winnipeg home was everything that Sarah Fehr and her fiancee had been looking for.
- Seven things to avoid when buying a new car Yahoo Finance Canada
You only do this every few years. The dealers sell countless cars every day. Recognize that you're at a huge disadvantage.
- Seniors going bankrupt in soaring numbers CBC
Judy Southon never imagined it would come to this. She and her husband Vic had good jobs, raised a son and were homeowners. But after a run of bad luck, the 67-year-old wound up deep in debt and had to …
- Alberta's new greenhouse gas rules costly, says energy industry CBC
Alberta's business leaders say the new governments' plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and raise corporate taxes will be costly for the industry.
- Alberta and the oil crash, 1 year later CBC
It's not exactly a happy anniversary for Albertans, but it was a year ago this week that the slide in oil prices began.
- IKEA to test new retail format in Britain Reuters
KEA Group plans to trial a new small-format store in Britain as it seeks to extend its reach across the country, the world's largest furniture retailer said on Wednesday.
- Greek deal or not, the euro is now a different beast Reuters
By invoking a Greek euro exit as a possible outcome of failed bailout negotiations, European governments have effectively rewritten a key tenet of the shared currency - and maybe even for the better.
- World Bank promises loan of up to $500 million for quake-hit Nepal Reuters
The World Bank on Tuesday pledged up to half a billion dollars to help Nepal rebuild after two earthquakes killed nearly 9,000 people there in April and May, leveling homes and pushing hundreds of thousands …
- Five best cars picks for new grads Yahoo Finance Canada
If you're looking for wheels, the smartest advice is try public transit, but if that isn't an option...
- 'Should I stay or should I go': Twitter turns to The Clash on Grexit Reuters
Twitter is trying to lighten up the Greek debt crisis with the hashtag #grexit_songs, inviting participants to come up with music related to the possibility of Greece being forced to leave the euro zo …
- News guide: A brief overview of Greece's financial problems and how it got here The Canadian Press
ATHENS, Greece - Greece is holding an emergency meeting with its financial rescue creditors in the hope of getting more loans. Without a deal, it could default on its debts as soon as next week, which …
- Canada Pension Plan misdial could win you a Caribbean cruise CBC
You call a 1-800 number looking for information about the Canada Pension Plan and before you know it, you've won a complimentary Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas. You've just been snagged in a marketing …
You call a 1-800 number looking for information about the Canada Pension Plan and before you know it, you've won a complimentary Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas. You've just been snagged in a marketing strategy that authorities say relies on clumsy dialing and high pressure tactics. Alex Mason, a producer with CBC's Mainstreet, …
- Best of Buzzfeed
- Brands + Retail
- Business Insider
- Canadian Originals
- Careers + Education
- Design + Architecture
- Editors' Picks
- Food + Drink
- Luxury Homes
- How To Tips
- Investing Planning