TORONTO, Sept. 05, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Datametrex AI Limited (the “Company” or “Datametrex”) (TSXV: DM) (FSE: D4G) is pleased to introduce its leading edge “Bot detector” and updates to its “Fake New Filter.” On November 19, 2018 the Company announced that it had developed a Fake News detection filter. Since then, the Company has been improving the technology to specifications outlined by its client. We are proud to announce that we are currently testing the product.
Key development improvements include:
Bot Detection – e.g. improvements on industry standards for detecting fake accounts on social media known as BOTS that propagate messages attempting to influence public opinion. This is part of fake news detection as BOT activity is often deceptive and negative towards opponents of the creators of the BOT hordes, including malicious actors and foreign interests. BOT detection is an important part of analyzing the spread of fake news.
- Bot / Agency actor User Interface - depicting within NexaIntelligence the BOT / Not-Bot scores referred to above, as an overlay onto the Actor Interaction Map, so that a user of NexaIntelligence can select and filter for the different types of actors, showing BOTS at the flick of a switch. This technology is useful for identifying artificial amplification of fake news.
Agency detection - e.g. detection of whether a social media account is a reliable or official source, versus an ordinary person, or other organic organization. Our AI groups the social media accounts into BOT / Not BOT - Official / Non-official categories by applying an automated analysis resulting in a score. This is an important part of determining veracity versus fake news.
- Bot / Agency matrix User Interface - depicting within NexaIntelligence the AI scored groupings referred to above, so that a user of NexaIntelligence can select and filter for the different AI scores associated to different social media handles. The result is a typology graph, that helps to identify the nature of accounts on social media discussing a given topic, which is useful for analyzing patterns of fake news.
The following three technologies; Topic, Viewpoint, and Narrative identification track false narratives in the discussions on social media for a region or in relation to an event, such as an election. This is key to deception detection and message shaping.
- Topic detection - ML and NLP based automatic detection of topics within social media using unsupervised ML (AI). This allows the system to automatically identify topics.
- Viewpoint clustering - ML and NLP based automatic detection of viewpoints circulating within social media using unsupervised ML (AI). This allows the system to automatically identify viewpoints.
- Narrative identification - ML and NLP based automatic detection of narratives circulating within social media using unsupervised ML (AI). This allows the system to automatically identify narratives circulating on social media.
- Topic / Viewpoint / Narrative User Interface - The Topics are a subcategory of the Viewpoints, which are a subcategory of the Narratives; these layers are automatically detected and displayed so that a user of NexaIntelligence can select and filter different summarized elements from the data set.
“These technology developments are a major milestone for the Company. Datametrex will be one of a select few AI companies that can offer this type of analysis and detection for governments, military, media, marketing and data collection agencies, and corporations to identify and manage fake news. We will never be able to prevent fake news and propaganda so having powerful tools to identify and manage the narrative is key for all stakeholders,” says Jeff Stevens, President and COO of the Company.
Datametrex AI Limited is a technology focused company with exposure to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning through its wholly owned subsidiary, Nexalogy (www.nexalogy.com) and Implementing Blockchain technology for secure Data Transfers through its investee company, Graph Blockchain (www.graphblockchain.com).
For further information, please contact:
Jeff Stevens- President & COO
Phone: (416) 482-3282
This news release contains “forward-looking information” within the meaning of applicable securities laws. All statements contained herein that are not clearly historical in nature may constitute forward-looking information. In some cases, forward-looking information can be identified by words or phrases such as “may”, “will”, “expect”, “likely”, “should”, “would”, “plan”, “anticipate”, “intend”, “potential”, “proposed”, “estimate”, “believe” or the negative of these terms, or other similar words, expressions and grammatical variations thereof, or statements that certain events or conditions “may” or “will” happen, or by discussions of strategy.
Readers are cautioned to consider these and other factors, uncertainties and potential events carefully and not to put undue reliance on forward-looking information. The forward-looking information contained herein is made as of the date of this press release and is based on the beliefs, estimates, expectations and opinions of management on the date such forward-looking information is made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, estimates or opinions, future events or results or otherwise or to explain any material difference between subsequent actual events and such forward-looking information, except as required by applicable law.