- YoY Capacity Factors Indicate Shift from Coal to Natural Gas for Electricity Generation Market Realist - Sat, 19 Sep, 2015 9:05 AM EDT
The YoY (year-over-year) capacity factor for coal fell, while natural gas-fired power plants have seen an uptick in utilization rate during the same period.
- Timmins Gold Acquires Process Plant and Infrastructure for Ana Paula Project and Announces C$6 million … Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 8:13 PM EDT
Timmins Gold Corp. is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with a Mexican subsidiary of Goldcorp Inc. to acquire the complete process plant and select auxiliary equipment used in the ...
- Minaurum Gold Closes Final Tranche of Private Placement Accesswire - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 7:21 PM EDT
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / September 18, 2015 / Minaurum Gold Inc. (TSXV: MGG) ("Minaurum") is pleased to announce that further to its News Release dated June 24, June 29, and August 11, 2015, ...
- WPC Resources Issues Shares Under Ulu Option Agreement Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 7:14 PM EDT
WPC Resources Inc. announces it has issued Mandalay Resources Inc. 3,000,000 common shares in the Company. The Shares were issued pursuant to the Ulu Property Option Agreement and represent the second ...
- Natural Gas Prices Are Trading within a Narrow Channel Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 6:05 PM EDT
The slowing natural gas inventory and warm weather could support natural gas prices. The nearest resistance for natural gas is seen at $3 per MMBtu.
- Silver Wheaton Receives TSX Approval for a Normal Course Issuer Bid PR Newswire - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 6:01 PM EDT
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Sept. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Silver Wheaton Corp. ("Silver Wheaton" or the "Company") (SLW) (SLW) announces that the Toronto Stock Exchange (the "TSX") has accepted the notice of Silver Wheaton's intention to commence a normal course issuer bid (the "NCIB"). On September 14, 2015, Silver …
- Gold Price: Running into Resistance - Big Picture Down-Trend Intact DailyFX - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 4:57 PM EDT
Gold Price: Running into Resistance - Big Picture Down-Trend Intact
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX drops 1 percent on Fed comments, commodity prices Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 4:30 PM EDT
Canada's main stock index fell 1 percent on Friday as investors held on to concerns raised by the U.S. Federal Reserve about global economic growth and sell-offs in the prices of copper and oil weighed on resource shares. Commodity prices have been under pressure in the past few weeks and market volatility has been …
- TSX drops on Fed comments, resource share weakness Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 4:08 PM EDT
- Groundstar Resources Limited Provides Update Regarding Shareholder Meeting Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 3:38 PM EDT
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO THE U.S.A. NEWS WIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION TO THE U.S.A. Groundstar Resources Limited announces that, further to its press release dated September 4, 2015,...
- MCW Energy Group Moves Into Full Production Mode as Utah Governor Gary Herbert Tours the State's First … Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 3:30 PM EDT
MCW Energy Group Limited , a Canadian holding company involved in the production of oil from Utah's oil sands and development of environmentally-friendly oil sands technologies, today announced several ...
- Gold at near three-week high as Fed rate decision weighs on equities Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 3:21 PM EDT
- Lake Shore Gold Completes Acquisition of Temex Resources Corp. Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 3:05 PM EDT
Lake Shore Gold Corp. today announced the completion of the previously announced acquisition of Temex Resources Corp. by way of a court approved plan of arrangement .
- Steelworkers Seek Court Order to Stop 'Reprehensible' U.S. Steel Plan CNW Group - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 2:27 PM EDT
TORONTO, Sept. 18, 2015 /CNW/ - The United Steelworkers is seeking a court order to stop U.S. Steel's reallocation of Canadian production to the United States and is condemning a threat to suspend pension plan contributions and crucial benefits for retirees. "U.S. Steel has hit a new low with its latest threats to our …
- Carpathian Gold Inc. Provides Corporate Update Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 1:58 PM EDT
Carpathian Gold Inc. advises that it has concluded a further extended forbearance and amendment agreement with Macquarie Bank Limited in respect of the project finance...
- MEDIA ADVISORY - Steelworkers Seek Court Order to Stop U.S. Steel CNW Group - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 1:02 PM EDT
HAMILTON, ON , Sept. 18 2015 /CNW/ - United Steelworkers (USW) representatives will hold a news conference today at 3 p.m. in Hamilton to address U.S. Steel's latest threats to its Canadian operations, ...
- Coal Shipments Fall Marginally after Rising for 4 Straight Weeks Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 12:07 PM EDT
According to EIA estimates, US coal shipments dropped marginally to 18.6 million tons during the week ended September 4, compared to 18.7 million tons for the week ended August 28.
- Executive Analysis of Implication of Shale Gas on the Global Rail Industry 2015-2022 PR Newswire - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 11:10 AM EDT
DUBLIN, Sept. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zp99gt/executive ) has announced the addition of the "Executive Analysis of Implication of ...
- Bitcoin Is Now Classified as a Commodity in the U.S. Entrepreneur - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 11:03 AM EDT
- Barrick to shut Utah office, dissolve copper unit, to cut costs Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 10:48 AM EDT
Barrick Gold Corp (Toronto:ABX.TO - News) will close its Salt Lake City, Utah office by the end of November and dissolve a standalone copper unit, as the world's biggest gold producer by output continues to cut costs to help pare its debt. Earlier this year, Barrick closed an office in Perth, Australia. Barrick did not …
- Research and Markets: Executive Analysis of Implication of Shale Gas on the Global Rail Industry: Overview … Business Wire - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 10:43 AM EDT
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Executive Analysis of Implication of Shale Gas on the Global Rail Industry" report to their offering.
- Natural Gas Prices Falls on the Inventory Report Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 10:39 AM EDT
October natural gas futures contracts fell for the second day. Natural gas prices fell slightly by 0.37% and settled at $2.65 per MMBtu on September 17, 2015.
- Battery Energy Storage Market for Renewables – Technavio Unveils Trends, Forecast & Growth Prospects Business Wire - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 10:35 AM EDT
Technavio has published a new report on the global battery energy storage market for renewables, which is expected to grow at a CAGR of almost 66% from 2015-2019.
- TABLE-INDONESIA KPB NUSANTARA PALM OIL PRICES - Sep 18 Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 9:59 AM EDT
Sep 18(Reuters) - Following are Indonesian prices for crude palm oil (CPO) quoted at an auction by PT KPB Nusantara (formerly known as the state marketing centre)on Thursday. Buyer Volume Prices Terms ...
- Commodities: Oil benchmarks head lower, gold up after US Fed decision Sharecast - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 9:56 AM EDT
(ShareCast News) - Oil benchmarks slipped lower in early European trading on Friday, while gold markets registered gains after the US Federal Reserve held back from hiking headline interest rates.
- Seair Announces Completion of Full Scale Demonstration of Its SWEET(TM) Technology with Major Oil Pr … Accesswire - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 9:36 AM EDT
CALGARY, AB / ACCESSWIRE / September 18, 2015 / Last May, Seair (TSXV: SDS) announced the commencement of a full scale field demonstration of its SWEET(TM) Technology for a major oil producer. We are pleased ...
- Britain's Petrofac wins $100 mln gas contract in Bahrain Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 9:04 AM EDT
Britain's Petrofac has won a contract worth about $100 million from Bahrain's Tatweer Petroleum to build a gas dehydration facility, an industry source familiar with the matter told Reuters. The capacity ...
- Oil Recovery Bashes Bears ETF Trends - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 9:00 AM EDT
Oil futures and the United States Oil Fund (NYSEArca: USO) , which tracks West Texas Intermediate oil futures, closed modestly lower on Thursday, but recent price action in the commodity has been a bitter ...
- Atlantic Coast Pipeline Asks FERC For Permission To Build $5 Billion Interstate Natural Gas Pipeline PR Newswire - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 9:00 AM EDT
RICHMOND, Va., Sept. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Atlantic Coast Pipeline, LLC, today formally applied to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for permission to build a 564-mile interstate natural gas transmission pipeline designed to meet the need for cleaner electricity generation, satisfy the growing demand for natural …
- Veg oil duty hike too little to check imports Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 8:43 AM EDT
India has raised the import taxes on crude and refined edible oils by 5 percentage points, but traders said the increase was too little to make any difference to the flood of supplies from Malaysia and Indonesia given rock-bottom world prices. Consumption in the world's biggest buyer of cooking oils is rising rapidly, …
- Mining job cuts haunt African leaders ahead of elections Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 8:32 AM EDT
When Canada's Barrick Gold said it would close its copper mine in Zambia if the government imposed a sharp hike in mineral royalties, President Edgar Lungu had little choice but to back down to save valuable jobs that keep the country going. With his Patriotic Front(PF) facing an election next year, Lungu, promised …
- Luna Gold Provides Corporate Update Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 8:30 AM EDT
Luna Gold Corp. , is pleased to provide an update on the Company's current activities. Since the last press release of August 14, 2015, the Company has initiated the pre-feasibility study for...
- Equitas Resources Corp. Closes Tranche 2 of Non-Brokered Private Placement CNW Group - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 8:30 AM EDT
Equitas Resources Corp. Closes Tranche 2 of Non-Brokered Private Placement
- Will Crude Oil Prices Be Range Bound? Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 7:56 AM EDT
The falling crude oil inventory and slowing signs of US crude oil production could support crude oil prices. Prices could see resistance at $50 per barrel.
- Crude Oil Prices Rose 6% on the EIA’s Inventory Report Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 7:55 AM EDT
The larger-than-expected inventory fall led to a massive rise in crude oil prices. Prices rose almost 6% at the end of trade on September 15, 2015.