- Italian energy giant Eni says it has found largest-ever gas field in Mediterranean off Egypt The Canadian Press - 1 hour 12 minutes ago
ROME - The Italian energy company Eni SpA announced Sunday it has discovered a "supergiant" natural gas field off Egypt, describing it as the "largest-ever" found in the Mediterranean ...
- Egyptian gas discovery could impact Israeli exports -minister Reuters - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
A huge natural gas field discovered offshore Egypt could have implications for Israel, which is looking to export its own deposits, Israeli Energy Minister Yuval Steinitz said on Sunday. Partners Noble Energy and Delek Group, who in recent years discovered two sizeable fields in Israeli waters, have been negotiating …
- SouthGobi Resources Announces Extension of Delisting Review by TSX Until September 30, 2015 Marketwired - 6 hours ago
SouthGobi Resources Ltd. today announces confirmation of the extension to the Toronto Stock Exchange delisting review until September 30, 2015. As announced by the Company on...
- Stronger greenback helps boost Australian gold Reuters - 15 hours ago
A stronger U.S. dollar is helping drive Australian gold production and buffeting local prospectors from the effects of a global sell-off in bullion, according to a sector survey released on Sunday. Production of the precious metal in Australia rose by 4 percent in the second quarter to 72 tonnes versus the previous …
- Why Falling Steel Prices in China Should Bother Investors Market Realist - Sat, 29 Aug, 2015 12:09 AM EDT
The rising differential between steel prices in China and other countries acts as an additional incentive for Chinese steel exporters.
- API Data: Will Crude Oil Prices’ Collateral Damage Continue? Market Realist - Sat, 29 Aug, 2015 12:07 AM EDT
The API is scheduled to release its weekly crude oil inventory report on August 25. US crude oil inventories fell by 2.3 MMbbls for the week ending August 14.
- Crude Oil Prices Fluctuate between $38 and $40 per Barrel Market Realist - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 11:07 PM EDT
Crude oil prices are fluctuating between $38 and $40 per barrel for the fourth consecutive day. The resistance for crude oil prices is seen at $50 per barrel.
- Alberta Energy Regulator orders Nexen to suspend operations on 95 pipelines The Canadian Press - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 11:03 PM EDT
CALGARY - Alberta's energy regulator has ordered Nexen Energy to immediately cease operations of 95 pipelines in northeastern Alberta.
- Oroco Receives 16.5 Million Shares of Goldgroup Mining Inc. Marketwired - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 8:14 PM EDT
Oroco Resource Corp. announces that it has received 16,500,000 common shares of Goldgroup Mining Inc. in settlement of the US$4,125,000 promissory note issued to the Company by Goldgroup pursuant to the ...
- Catalyst Copper Closes Private Placement CNW Group - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 7:40 PM EDT
VANCOUVER, Aug. 28, 2015 /CNW/ - Catalyst Copper Corporation (TSX-V:CCY.V - News) ("Catalyst" or "the Company") announces that further to its press release of August 18, 2015 it has closed the non-brokered private placement of 3,300,000 units at a price of $0.10 per unit (increased by 300,000 units) for gross proceeds of …
- Gold Reverses as Fed Expectations Rebound- US NFP to Clear the Way DailyFX - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 7:31 PM EDT
Gold Reverses as Fed Expectations Rebound- US NFP to Clear the Way
- Peabody Energy and Arch Coal Gain as Coal ETF Falls Market Realist - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 7:07 PM EDT
After being under pressure for weeks, Peabody Energy (BTU) gained 57.5% and ended at $1.78 last week.
- Coal Prices Remain Mostly Steady even as Natural Gas Prices Fall Market Realist - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 7:07 PM EDT
Powder River Basin spot coal prices averaged $10.20 per ton for the week ended August 21. That’s $0.50 lower than the price for the week ended August 14.
- Goldgroup Issues 16.5 million Common Shares to Oroco Resource Corp. and Promissory Note Update CNW Group - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 7:00 PM EDT
VANCOUVER, Aug. 28, 2015 /CNW/ - Goldgroup Mining Inc. ("Goldgroup" or the "Company") (TSX:GGA, OTC:GGAZF, BMV SIX:GGAN.MX) has issued 16,500,000 common shares to Oroco Resource Corp. ("Oroco") with respect to the acquisition of the Cerro Prieto project purchased in 2013 (see news release dated September 3, 2013). As part …
- US oil prices rise another 6 per cent after 10 per cent surge on Thursday The Canadian Press - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 6:15 PM EDT
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Oil prices surged again Friday, a day after recording their biggest gain in more than six years.
- CGX Energy Files Second Quarter Financial Statements CNW Group - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 6:05 PM EDT
TORONTO, Aug. 28, 2015 /CNW/ - CGX Energy Inc. ("CGX Energy" or the "Company") announced today the release of its unaudited consolidated financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2015, together with its Management Discussion and Analysis ("MD&A"). "Given the steep decline in oil prices that has persisted over the …
- Alberta energy minister says no royalty changes until end of 2016 The Canadian Press - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 5:54 PM EDT
- Oil extends short-covering frenzy to second day, topping $50 Reuters - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 5:36 PM EDT
World oil prices roared back to $50 a barrel in the second day of a frenetic short-covering rally on Friday, with violence in Yemen, a storm in the Gulf and refinery outages helping extend the biggest two-day rally in six years. Tropical Storm Erika moved closer to Florida, prompting worries about oil and gas installations …
- US Oil Sands Inc. Provides Project Update and Announces Second Quarter 2015 Results Marketwired - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 5:07 PM EDT
US Oil Sands Inc. , a company focused on oil sands exploration and production in Utah, having developed a proprietary technology that addresses both the low oil price commodity markets and the continued ...
- Discovery Harbour Resources Corp: Company Receives Partial Results From Phase Two Drilling Accesswire - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 4:44 PM EDT
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / August 28, 2015 / Discovery Harbour Resources Corp. (TSXV: DHR) has completed its second drilling program at its 100-per-cent-owned 2BAR project in Nevada and has received ...
- Marsa Energy Inc. Announces Grant of Options Marketwired - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 4:29 PM EDT
Marsa Energy Inc. announced today that, subject to regulatory approval, it has granted 970,000 options to purchase common shares of Marsa of which 790,000 have been granted to directors and officers of......
- Eloro Resources Announces Financing and Proposed Shares-for-Debt Transaction Marketwired - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 4:10 PM EDT
Eloro Resources Ltd. is pleased to announce it has arranged a non-brokered private placement of up to 1,250,000 units of Eloro at a price of $0.12 per unit for proceeds of up to $150,000.
- Natural Gas Prices Are Trading in a Narrow Range Market Realist - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 4:05 PM EDT
The long-term oversupply concerns could drag natural gas prices lower. The key support for natural gas prices is seen at $2.60 per MMBtu.
- Rye Patch Gold Grants Stock Options CNW Group - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 4:00 PM EDT
FWB: 5TN) (the "Company" or "Rye Patch") announces that the Company has granted stock options to its directors, officers, employees and consultants to purchase up to an aggregate of 1,000,000 common shares of the Company. The stock options are exercisable for a term of ten years at an exercise price of $0.16 per common …
- Trend-driven funds profit on oil’s slippery path Reuters - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 3:43 PM EDT
While it is too early to say how many of those funds got out before the bounce, interviews with five of the largest or best-performing CTAs involved in the oil market this week show that the persistent downtrend has been friendly to most. Many of the oil market's most sage analysts and investors have been shocked by the …
- Bearish Inventory Pulls Down Natural Gas Prices despite Weather Market Realist - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 2:35 PM EDT
Natural gas prices fell by 1.42% between Friday, August 21, and Thursday, August 27. Prices closed at $2.638 per MMBtu (British thermal units in millions) on August 27.
- Natural Gas Prices Rally from the Key Support Market Realist - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 2:05 PM EDT
September natural gas futures contracts rallied from the key support of $2.70 per MMBtu on August 19. Prices have been fluctuating since early June 2015.
- How Does Production Data Drive Natural Gas Prices? Market Realist - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 2:05 PM EDT
The long-term oversupply concerns and estimates of rising production will continue to put pressure on natural gas prices.
- South American Gold Development Announces New Strategic Initiative Focused on Uruguayan Cannabis Pro … Accesswire - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 2:00 PM EDT
RICHMOND, IN / ACCESSWIRE / August 28, 2015 / South American Gold Corp ( PINKSHEETS: SAGD / PINKSHEETS: SAGDD ) announced that it has launched a major strategic initiative focused on becoming a fully integrated ...
- China Wheat Industry Research Report 2015-2019 PR Newswire - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 12:10 PM EDT
DUBLIN, Aug. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/98hm7g/research_report ) has announced the addition of the "Research Report on China's Wheat ...
- Will the Jump in Crude Oil Prices Last? 24/7 Wall St. - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 11:45 AM EDT
The spot price for October delivery of West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude oil settled up more than 10% on Thursday and traded up further in the late morning on Friday.
- Golden Band Resources Reports Results For The Fourth Quarter and Year Ended April 30, 2015 CNW Group - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 11:16 AM EDT
Golden Band Resources Reports Results For The Fourth Quarter and Year Ended April 30, 2015
- Stable global markets spur crude oil prices IANS - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 10:50 AM EDT
New Delhi, Aug 28 (IANS) Stable world markets coupled with hopes of a healthier world economic growth and demand lifted the Indian basket of crude oil prices to $44.28 a barrel, official data showed on Friday. Data furnished by the government-run Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell showed the strengthening of oil prices, …
- Oil! Business Insider - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 10:41 AM EDT
Crude oil is ripping higher again. After rising more than 10% on Thursday, the price of West...
- Gold eyes biggest weekly drop in five on U.S. data, Fed hike view Reuters - Fri, 28 Aug, 2015 10:05 AM EDT
Gold traded flat on Friday, on track to post its biggest weekly drop in five as strong U.S. economic data supported the case for a near-term increase in interest rates. The upward revision in U.S. economic growth in the second quarter to 3.7 percent from the initial estimate of 2.3 percent spurred market expectations that …