- YoY Capacity Factors Indicate Shift from Coal to Natural Gas for Electricity Generation Market Realist - Sat, 19 Sep, 2015 9:05 AM EDT
The YoY (year-over-year) capacity factor for coal fell, while natural gas-fired power plants have seen an uptick in utilization rate during the same period.
- Timmins Gold Acquires Process Plant and Infrastructure for Ana Paula Project and Announces C$6 million … Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 8:13 PM EDT
Timmins Gold Corp. is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with a Mexican subsidiary of Goldcorp Inc. to acquire the complete process plant and select auxiliary equipment used in the ...
- Minaurum Gold Closes Final Tranche of Private Placement Accesswire - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 7:21 PM EDT
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / September 18, 2015 / Minaurum Gold Inc. (TSXV: MGG) ("Minaurum") is pleased to announce that further to its News Release dated June 24, June 29, and August 11, 2015, ...
- WPC Resources Issues Shares Under Ulu Option Agreement Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 7:14 PM EDT
WPC Resources Inc. announces it has issued Mandalay Resources Inc. 3,000,000 common shares in the Company. The Shares were issued pursuant to the Ulu Property Option Agreement and represent the second ...
- Natural Gas Prices Are Trading within a Narrow Channel Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 6:05 PM EDT
The slowing natural gas inventory and warm weather could support natural gas prices. The nearest resistance for natural gas is seen at $3 per MMBtu.
- Gold Price: Running into Resistance - Big Picture Down-Trend Intact DailyFX - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 4:57 PM EDT
Gold Price: Running into Resistance - Big Picture Down-Trend Intact
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX drops 1 percent on Fed comments, commodity prices Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 4:30 PM EDT
Canada's main stock index fell 1 percent on Friday as investors held on to concerns raised by the U.S. Federal Reserve about global economic growth and sell-offs in the prices of copper and oil weighed on resource shares. Commodity prices have been under pressure in the past few weeks and market volatility has been …
- TSX drops on Fed comments, resource share weakness Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 4:08 PM EDT
- Groundstar Resources Limited Provides Update Regarding Shareholder Meeting Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 3:38 PM EDT
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO THE U.S.A. NEWS WIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION TO THE U.S.A. Groundstar Resources Limited announces that, further to its press release dated September 4, 2015,...
- MCW Energy Group Moves Into Full Production Mode as Utah Governor Gary Herbert Tours the State's First … Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 3:30 PM EDT
MCW Energy Group Limited , a Canadian holding company involved in the production of oil from Utah's oil sands and development of environmentally-friendly oil sands technologies, today announced several ...
- Gold at near three-week high as Fed rate decision weighs on equities Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 3:21 PM EDT
- Lake Shore Gold Completes Acquisition of Temex Resources Corp. Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 3:05 PM EDT
Lake Shore Gold Corp. today announced the completion of the previously announced acquisition of Temex Resources Corp. by way of a court approved plan of arrangement .
- Carpathian Gold Inc. Provides Corporate Update Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 1:58 PM EDT
Carpathian Gold Inc. advises that it has concluded a further extended forbearance and amendment agreement with Macquarie Bank Limited in respect of the project finance...
- Coal Shipments Fall Marginally after Rising for 4 Straight Weeks Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 12:07 PM EDT
According to EIA estimates, US coal shipments dropped marginally to 18.6 million tons during the week ended September 4, compared to 18.7 million tons for the week ended August 28.
- Bitcoin Is Now Classified as a Commodity in the U.S. Entrepreneur - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 11:03 AM EDT
- Barrick to shut Utah office, dissolve copper unit, to cut costs Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 10:48 AM EDT
Barrick Gold Corp (Toronto:ABX.TO - News) will close its Salt Lake City, Utah office by the end of November and dissolve a standalone copper unit, as the world's biggest gold producer by output continues to cut costs to help pare its debt. Earlier this year, Barrick closed an office in Perth, Australia. Barrick did not …
- Natural Gas Prices Falls on the Inventory Report Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 10:39 AM EDT
October natural gas futures contracts fell for the second day. Natural gas prices fell slightly by 0.37% and settled at $2.65 per MMBtu on September 17, 2015.
- TABLE-INDONESIA KPB NUSANTARA PALM OIL PRICES - Sep 18 Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 9:59 AM EDT
Sep 18(Reuters) - Following are Indonesian prices for crude palm oil (CPO) quoted at an auction by PT KPB Nusantara (formerly known as the state marketing centre)on Thursday. Buyer Volume Prices Terms ...
- Commodities: Oil benchmarks head lower, gold up after US Fed decision Sharecast - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 9:56 AM EDT
(ShareCast News) - Oil benchmarks slipped lower in early European trading on Friday, while gold markets registered gains after the US Federal Reserve held back from hiking headline interest rates.
- Seair Announces Completion of Full Scale Demonstration of Its SWEET(TM) Technology with Major Oil Pr … Accesswire - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 9:36 AM EDT
CALGARY, AB / ACCESSWIRE / September 18, 2015 / Last May, Seair (TSXV: SDS) announced the commencement of a full scale field demonstration of its SWEET(TM) Technology for a major oil producer. We are pleased ...
- Britain's Petrofac wins $100 mln gas contract in Bahrain Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 9:04 AM EDT
Britain's Petrofac has won a contract worth about $100 million from Bahrain's Tatweer Petroleum to build a gas dehydration facility, an industry source familiar with the matter told Reuters. The capacity ...
- Oil Recovery Bashes Bears ETF Trends - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 9:00 AM EDT
Oil futures and the United States Oil Fund (NYSEArca: USO) , which tracks West Texas Intermediate oil futures, closed modestly lower on Thursday, but recent price action in the commodity has been a bitter ...
- Veg oil duty hike too little to check imports Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 8:43 AM EDT
India has raised the import taxes on crude and refined edible oils by 5 percentage points, but traders said the increase was too little to make any difference to the flood of supplies from Malaysia and Indonesia given rock-bottom world prices. Consumption in the world's biggest buyer of cooking oils is rising rapidly, …
- Mining job cuts haunt African leaders ahead of elections Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 8:32 AM EDT
When Canada's Barrick Gold said it would close its copper mine in Zambia if the government imposed a sharp hike in mineral royalties, President Edgar Lungu had little choice but to back down to save valuable jobs that keep the country going. With his Patriotic Front(PF) facing an election next year, Lungu, promised …
- Luna Gold Provides Corporate Update Marketwired - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 8:30 AM EDT
Luna Gold Corp. , is pleased to provide an update on the Company's current activities. Since the last press release of August 14, 2015, the Company has initiated the pre-feasibility study for...
- Will Crude Oil Prices Be Range Bound? Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 7:56 AM EDT
The falling crude oil inventory and slowing signs of US crude oil production could support crude oil prices. Prices could see resistance at $50 per barrel.
- Crude Oil Prices Rose 6% on the EIA’s Inventory Report Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 7:55 AM EDT
The larger-than-expected inventory fall led to a massive rise in crude oil prices. Prices rose almost 6% at the end of trade on September 15, 2015.
- Crude Oil Prices Are Almost Flat as the Fed Delays the Rate Hike Market Realist - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 7:55 AM EDT
NYMEX-traded WTI crude oil futures contracts for October delivery fell slightly on September 17, 2015. Crude oil prices fell as the Fed delayed the rate hike.
- Teesside Steel Plant To 'Pause' Operations Sky News - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 6:50 AM EDT
SSI, which has been running the plant since it was mothballed by Corus in 2010, says it is "determined to create a safe, successful and sustainable business" there. But it has run into financial problems amid a collapse in demand for steel - with SSI UK refusing to comment on media claims earlier this month that it was …
- UK GAS-Prices ease on early Kollsnes restart, lower exports Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 5:47 AM EDT
British prompt gas prices fell on Friday as exports to Belgium eased and Norway's Kollsnes gas processing plant came back from maintenance a day early. Gas for within-day delivery was 0.9 pence lower at ...
- Iran to unveil new oil contracts in coming weeks Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 5:07 AM EDT
Iran will unveil its new oil development contracts in the coming weeks aiming to attract foreign investors and oil buyers once sanctions on its energy sector are lifted, the Oil Ministry's website Shana reported on Friday.
- Gold Soars Yet Copper Falls on Growth Risks after Fed Defers Rate Hike DailyFX - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 1:49 AM EDT
Gold Soars Yet Copper Falls on Growth Risks after Fed Defers Rate Hike
- VEGOILS-Palm oil rises slightly as traders await export data Reuters - Fri, 18 Sep, 2015 1:20 AM EDT
* Palm prices rise 1 percent * Market remains cautious ahead of export data announcement KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 18 (Reuters) - Malaysian palm oil futures rose slightly on Friday as a rising ringgit currency ...
- Taipan Resources Inc. Announces Effective Date of Share Consolidation Accesswire - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 8:56 PM EDT
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / September 17, 2015 / Taipan Resources Inc. (TSXV: TPN) (" Taipan " or the " Company ") is pleased to announce that it has received the approval of the TSX ...
- Columbus Energy Limited Announces a Non-Brokered Private Placement to Raise up to $240,000 Accesswire - Thu, 17 Sep, 2015 6:50 PM EDT
VANCOUVER, BC / ACCESSWIRE / September 17, 2015 / Columbus Energy Limited (TSXV:CEL) has negotiated, subject to regulatory approval, up to a 4,000,000 unit private placement, at $0.06 per unit to raise ...