- Corporate Bond Yields Are Still below the Levels in December 2014 Market Realist - Wed, 25 Mar, 2015 3:08 PM EDT
Treasury yields were battered in January 2015—compared to December 2014. Yields on high-grade bonds also came down.
- Why Did Corporate Bond Yields Fall? Market Realist - Wed, 25 Mar, 2015 10:44 AM EDT
With the FOMC refraining from an aggressive stance on monetary policy, fixed income instruments—including corporate bonds—get more breathing room.
- Why Corporate Bonds Correlate to Stocks Market Realist - Tue, 24 Mar, 2015 3:07 PM EDT
Corporate bonds, especially high yield corporate bonds, correlate to equities and hence, so they don't provide great diversification benefits.
- Paladin Energy Ltd Accepts CIC for Additional US$50M of Convertible Bonds Marketwired - Tue, 24 Mar, 2015 8:54 AM EDT
Paladin Energy Ltd refers to its announcements of February 12, 2015 regarding the launch and pricing of an offering of US$100M of senior, unsecured convertible bonds due 31 March 2020 (Convertible......
- HSBC to issue $2.25 bln of convertible bonds Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, 24 Mar, 2015 4:29 AM EDT
HSBC Holdings (HKSE: 0005.HK - news) will issue $2.25 billion of bonds that would convert into shares if the bank's capital strength falls below a certain level, it said on Tuesday. HSBC said the so-called contingent convertible bonds, or "CoCos", would pay annual interest of 6.375 percent. The bonds will convert into …
- U.S. court authorizes Citigroup to process Argentine bond payments Reuters - Mon, 23 Mar, 2015 7:55 PM EDT
Citigroup Inc said it has been authorized by a U.S. judge to process two Argentine debt payments, which could ease tensions between the bank and the default-hit nation. The U.S. bank, which acts as custodian of some Argentine bonds, has been embroiled in a court battle between the South American country and a group of …
- Government bonds impede corporate bond market: RBI IANS - Mon, 23 Mar, 2015 8:10 AM EDT
Mumbai, March 23 (IANS) The growth of the corporate bond market is largely impeded by the high government borrowings through the issue of bonds, said a senior RBI official. Speaking at a conference here, Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) deputy governor R. Gandhi said the huge supply of government bonds is one of the impediments …
- India needs to further develop corp bond markets - RBI deputy Gandhi Reuters - Mon, 23 Mar, 2015 1:19 AM EDT
The development of corporate bonds has "not been too satisfactory", Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor R. Gandhi said on Monday, calling the huge supply of government bonds one of the impediments. Speaking at a debt market summit in Mumbai, Gandhi also called for a "reassessment" of the role played by pension funds …
- Cushion Volatility With Bonds Market Realist - Fri, 20 Mar, 2015 2:05 PM EDT
High yield bonds are becoming increasingly correlated with the S&P 500 and might increase your risk exposure instead of giving diversification benefits.
- Euro zone bond yields fall as ECB buying isolates Greek crunch Reuters - Fri, 20 Mar, 2015 4:25 AM EDT
Euro zone government bond yields fell on Friday, with the European Central Bank's bond buying splurge reducing Greece's cash crunch to a sideshow for the moment. Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras assured ...
- Fitch: China's Municipal Bond Rules Give Local Governments More Flexibility Reuters - Fri, 20 Mar, 2015 3:21 AM EDT
The new municipal bond rules give clear direction and a framework for implementation, which demonstrates the central government's strong willingness to promote municipal bonds and remove the implicit sovereign guarantee on LRGs' debt. Fitch expects municipal bonds to eventually be priced based on each subnational's …
- Pharmaceuticals and Industrials Dominate High Yield Bond Issuance Market Realist - Thu, 19 Mar, 2015 12:05 PM EDT
Investor appetite was strong for a lot of the high yield bonds that were priced in the market in the week ended March 13.
- GRAPHIC-With Euro zone bonds, going long is better than going south Reuters - Thu, 19 Mar, 2015 9:30 AM EDT
Investors who took the extra risk of holding longer-dated euro zone bonds at the start of the year are being better rewarded than those who took the risk of seeking higher yields in lower-rated debt, data shows. In triple-A rated Germany, longer maturities have returned 10.7 percent year-to-date, compared with 1 percent …
- Inflows in high-grade bond funds continue but fall Market Realist - Wed, 18 Mar, 2015 5:05 PM EDT
High-grade bond issuance remained unabated in the week to March 13, making it the second as well as the back-to-back week of more than $60 billion issues.
- Repsol sells 2 billion euro hybrid bond to help fund Talisman deal Reuters - Wed, 18 Mar, 2015 2:36 PM EDT
Spanish oil major Repsol sold a 2 billion euro ($2.1 billion) hybrid bond on Wednesday to help to pay for its purchase of Canada's Talisman, showing continued investor appetite for subordinated debt despite weakening market conditions. Repsol started its roadshow in London on Monday via Bank of America Merrill Lynch …
- Bond ETFs Still Offer Advantages ETF Trends - Wed, 18 Mar, 2015 8:20 AM EDT
Amid escalating fears that an interest rate hike from the Federal Reserve could come as soon as the second quarter, investors are rapidly departing from bond ETFs this month. Investors already pulled $6.4 ...
- Exclusive: San Bernardino has defaulted on $10 million in bond payments Reuters - Tue, 17 Mar, 2015 10:52 PM EDT
The southern California city of San Bernardino has defaulted on nearly $10 million in payments on its privately placed pension bond debt since it declared bankruptcy in 2012, according to documents seen by Reuters. In addition, the city has not negotiated with its bondholders since September, according to a person familiar …
- High-grade corporate bonds hit second-highest issuance of 2015 Market Realist - Tue, 17 Mar, 2015 7:05 PM EDT
Corporate investment-grade borrowing marginally declined to $62.34 billion in the week to March 13, 2015, the second-highest issuance in 2015.
- Corporate bond yields rise, spreads fall in 2015 Market Realist - Tue, 17 Mar, 2015 3:06 PM EDT
Low-yielding Treasuries made corporate bonds attractive, and investors turned to higher yielding investment-grade and high-yield debt and related ETFs.
- Quantitative Easings Led to Spread Compression in European Bonds Market Realist - Tue, 17 Mar, 2015 3:03 PM EDT
The European Central Bank on Thursday, January 22, delivered basically what the market expected for QE (quantitative easing).
- Bond scarcity in repo markets signals ECB QE distortions Reuters - Tue, 17 Mar, 2015 2:34 PM EDT
The soaring cost of borrowing government bonds in secured lending markets highlights the distortions caused by the ECB's asset-purchase scheme, which analysts say could clog up Europe's financial system. Uncertainty over how the European Central Bank will counter the scarcity of top-rated debt could further shrink repo …
- Start of Eurozone Bond Buying Pushes Treasuries Higher Market Realist - Tue, 17 Mar, 2015 1:36 PM EDT
Treasury yields fell nearly across the curve in the week ending March 13, 2015. The start of the Eurozone bond buying program was the primary driver.
- Why did corporate bond yields fall last week? Market Realist - Tue, 17 Mar, 2015 10:52 AM EDT
Yields on US sovereigns fell in the week ended March 13. Along with Treasury yields, corporate bond yields also fell.
- New Issue-Orbit Capital plc prices 250 mln stg 2045 bond Reuters - UK Focus - Tue, 17 Mar, 2015 10:17 AM EDT
Following are terms and conditions of a bond priced on Tuesday. Borrower Orbit Capital plc Issue Amount 250 million sterling Maturity Date March 24,2045 Coupon 3.5 pct Issue price 98.031 Spread 115 basis ...
- Muni Bond ETFs Look Attractive After Pullback ETF Trends - Tue, 17 Mar, 2015 9:30 AM EDT
After posting their first monthly decline in over a year, municipal bond exchange traded funds may offer a decent buying opportunity. In February, the iShares National AMT-Free Muni Bond ETF (NYSEArca: ...
- Endorsing the Fallen Angel Bond ETF ETF Trends - Tue, 17 Mar, 2015 8:00 AM EDT
The Market Vectors Fallen Angel High Yield Bond ETF (NYSEArca: ANGL ) did not exactly receive an endorsement, but the idea of investing in fallen angel bonds did. Fallen angels, the bonds found in ANGL, ...
- Macquarie success boosts Japan's Pro-bond market Reuters - Mon, 16 Mar, 2015 12:11 AM EDT
Macquarie Bank has become the first Australian issuer to sell Pro bonds in Japan in a tightly priced offering, which raises hopes that the format is gaining traction. The offfering involved two tranches, totalling ¥34.1bn (US$280m), with a ¥3.2bn three-year bond priced to yield 13bp over yen offer-side swaps and a ¥30.9bn …
- Argentina says bond payment must go through despite U.S. ruling Reuters - Fri, 13 Mar, 2015 5:55 PM EDT
Argentina on Friday demanded banks operating in the country process bond interest payments despite a U.S. court ruling that prohibited Citigroup Inc from distributing coupon payments on the country's local law bonds. The government of leftist President Cristina Fernandez warned Citibank Argentina could lose its operating …
- Why investor flows in high-grade bond funds rose Market Realist - Fri, 13 Mar, 2015 5:06 PM EDT
The OAS fell to 1.29% over the week, down 11 bps from the previous week. This spread implies that risk of high-grade bonds relative to Treasuries decreased.
- Why Spanish and Italian Bonds Appear Attractive Market Realist - Fri, 13 Mar, 2015 3:05 PM EDT
Spanish and Italian bonds appear attractive. If Spain (EWP) follows the path of Greece (GREK), by electing leftist government "Podemos", Spanish bond yields will likely spike.
- "Hang on a sec," bond markets say after week of ECB buying Reuters - Fri, 13 Mar, 2015 12:17 PM EDT
The rally in euro zone bonds paused on Friday, after bond-buying by the European Central Bank in the first week of its quantitative easing programme crushed yields and left investors wondering whether they could fall further. The scale of the move is not unprecedented but, just one week into a programme intended to …
- Why You Should Hold On To High Yield Municipal Bonds Market Realist - Fri, 13 Mar, 2015 11:06 AM EDT
High yield municipal bonds look attractive. H high yield municipal bonds, like high yield corporate bonds (HYG)(JNK), have higher yields.
- Alternative Bond ETFs for a Rising Rate Environment ETF Trends - Fri, 13 Mar, 2015 9:30 AM EDT
In preparing for an eventual Federal Reserve rate hike and higher interest rates, fixed-income exchange traded fund investors can consider options that short bonds to hedge long debt positions. There is ...
- Paladin Energy Ltd: Update on Issue of Convertible Bonds Marketwired - Fri, 13 Mar, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
Paladin Energy Ltd refers to its announcements of February 12, 2015, regarding the launch and pricing of an offering of US$100M of senior, unsecured convertible bonds due March 31, 2020 (Convertible......
- Argentina dealt setback by U.S. judge over Citigroup bond payments Reuters - Thu, 12 Mar, 2015 7:47 PM EDT
A federal judge on Thursday said Citigroup Inc (NYSE:C - News) cannot process interest payments by Argentina on some bonds issued under that country's law, a defeat for the cash-strapped nation as it attempts to re-enter international debt markets. U.S. District Judge Thomas Griesa in Manhattan said letting Citigroup process …