- Junk Bonds, ETFs See Default Rates Drop to 2008 Low ETF Trends - Thu, 17 Apr, 2014 8:15 AM EDT
While fixed-income assets are subject to rate risks, junk bond exchange traded fund investors also have to monitor credit risks, but now default rates on speculative grade debt have dropped to a six-year ...
- Fitch Rates Banco Santander Chile's Upcoming Sr Bonds Totalling JPY27.3B 'A+'(exp) Business Wire - Tue, 15 Apr, 2014 1:45 PM EDT
Fitch Ratings has assigned a Long-term Foreign Currency rating of 'A+' to Banco Santander Chile's senior unsecured Medium Term Notes Program of up to JPY2020 billion to
- Top Ranked Muni Bond ETF in Focus: BABS Zacks - Mon, 14 Apr, 2014 1:56 PM EDT
For investors looking for a great municipal bond ETF, consider this build America bond fund from State Street.
- Municipal Bond ETF Rally Still Has Legs ETF Trends - Fri, 11 Apr, 2014 4:25 PM EDT
Municipal bond exchange traded funds are moving in their best rally in five years, with yields near the lowest since June, and there may be more room to run. The largest municipal bond related ETF, the ...
- Bond ETFs Still Have a Place In Your Investment Portfolio ETF Trends - Fri, 11 Apr, 2014 7:30 AM EDT
Despite the recent pullback in equities, markets still appear strong . Investors may be tempted to eschew fixed-income assets in favor of full equity exposure, but bond exchange traded funds still have ...
- Bond fund manager Hasenstab encouraged by Ukraine outlook Reuters - Wed, 9 Apr, 2014 6:13 PM EDT
Templeton Global Bond Fund manager Michael Hasenstab, who has a multibillion-dollar bet on Ukraine bonds, says he is confident the country can flourish over the next decade and that the international community can put together a reform package to solve any short-term liquidity and solvency issues. "I think the current …
- Zacks #1 Ranked Government Bond Mutual Funds Zacks - Tue, 8 Apr, 2014 12:13 PM EDT
Mutual funds investing in debt securities are among the most secure investment options which provide regular income while protecting capital invested.
- Fitch Rates Sri Lanka's US Dollar Bond at 'BB-(EXP)' Reuters - Mon, 7 Apr, 2014 3:48 AM EDT
HONG KONG, April 07 Fitch Ratings has assigned Sri Lanka's forthcoming US dollar-denominated global bonds due 2019 an expected rating of 'BB- '. The final rating is contingent on the receipt of final documentation ...
- SSAB issues 5-year bonds in euro Business Wire - Thu, 3 Apr, 2014 11:59 AM EDT
- Fitch Rates Costa Rica's USD1 Billion Euro Bond 2044 'BB+' Business Wire - Wed, 2 Apr, 2014 1:06 PM EDT
Fitch Ratings has assigned a 'BB+' rating to Costa Rica's USD1 billion euro bond issuance maturing on April 4, 2044. The bonds have a coupon rate of 7.00%.
- Target Date Bond ETFs Reduce Rate Risk ETF Trends - Tue, 1 Apr, 2014 3:45 PM EDT
In anticipation of a rising interest rate environment, fixed-income investors have begun shifting down the yield curve. However, a number of target-date exchange traded funds provide an alternative option ...
- The weekly performance of Treasuries and investment-grade bonds Market Realist - Tue, 1 Apr, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
The investors’ demands for the Treasury bills, notes, and bonds were mostly mixed.
- Short interest ratio shows record spike for high yield bond ETFs Market Realist - Thu, 27 Mar, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
Bond prices are inversely proportionate to yield. This implies that bond prices decline when yields increase and bond prices increase when yields decline.
- 3 Treasury Bond ETFs to Play Rising Short Term Yields Zacks - Tue, 25 Mar, 2014 2:40 PM EDT
These ETFs could be bond funds to watch if the yield curve continues to flatten.
- Long-Term Bond ETFs Outperforming Stocks in 2014 ETF Trends - Mon, 24 Mar, 2014 2:01 PM EDT
Bond exchange traded funds are outperforming equities as risk-off sentiment permeates U.S. financial markets. The iShares Core Total U.S. Bond Market ETF (NYSEArca: AGG) , which tracks the broad U.S. investment-grade ...
- Budget 2014: £1m Premium Bond prize pot doubled Moneywise - Wed, 19 Mar, 2014 11:22 AM EDT
Individuals will now be able to invest an additional £10,000 in premium bonds from 1 June 2014, taking the limit to £40,000, the government announced today. The investment limit then rises to £50,000 in ...
- State Street Introduces International Junk Bond ETF Zacks - Tue, 18 Mar, 2014 10:12 AM EDT
Inside the latest fund from State Street which targets the international junk bond space.
- HUDCO mops up Rs 2.79 bln by issuing tax-free bonds Contify Banking - Tue, 18 Mar, 2014 8:50 AM EDT
New Delhi: State-run Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd has garnered Rs 2.79 billion via issue of tax-free bonds. The firm pre-closed the issue owing to over-subscription, a senior Hudco official ...
- EBRD issues first bonds in Georgian currency Reuters - UK Focus - Mon, 17 Mar, 2014 9:05 AM EDT
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) has issued its first-ever bond in Georgia's national currency, the lari, in a move to develop the local capital market, the Bank's regional office head said. Bruno Balvanera, the EBRD's head for Caucasus, Moldova and Belarus, told a news conference on Monday that …
- Bharti Airtel subsidiary to issue bonds worth Rs 24.36 bln Contify Investment - Fri, 14 Mar, 2014 8:30 AM EDT
Mumbai: Indian telecom firm Bharti Airtel's international unit Bharti Airtel International (Netherlands) B.V. is planning to raise around Rs 24.36 billion via issuing bonds to European investors. The value ...
- Despite blockbuster bond sale, Puerto Rico debt-holders still in crosshairs Reuters - Fri, 14 Mar, 2014 7:00 AM EDT
Puerto Rico pulled off a blockbuster of a bond sale this week, sparing it from the threat of imminent default, but few who have followed the Caribbean island's financial troubles doubt that a massive restructuring is in its future. Because the U.S. territory is not eligible for bankruptcy, some think restructuring its …
- Investors Flocking to High Yield Bond ETFs ETF Trends - Thu, 13 Mar, 2014 4:18 PM EDT
High-yield, speculative-grade debt traders traditionally tapped into fixed-income assets over the phone, but with the advent of exchange traded funds, more are turning to the investment vehicle as their ...
- New Global Junk Bond ETF Debuts ETF Trends - Thu, 13 Mar, 2014 9:00 AM EDT
State Street’s (NYSE: STT) State Street Global Advisors, the second-largest U.S. ETF issuer, is adding to its stable of high-yield bond exchange traded funds today with the introduction of the SPDR Barclays ...
- California Muni ETFs Plays as State Plans $1.6 Bond Sale ETF Trends - Thu, 6 Mar, 2014 3:58 PM EST
California is set to offer the largest general-obligation municipal bond sale since October. Investors interested in gaining targeted exposure to Californian muni debt can take a look at a couple exchange ...
- State Street’s Convertibles ETF Features New Tesla Bonds ETF Trends - Thu, 6 Mar, 2014 10:30 AM EST
The SPDR Barclays Convertible Securities ETF (NYSEArca: CWB) , the only U.S.-listed ETF devoted exclusively to convertible bonds, now features exposure to the recent offering from Elon Musk’s Tesla (NasdaqGS: ...
- Lloyds offers to buy back up to 5 bn stg of bonds Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, 6 Mar, 2014 6:16 AM EST
Lloyds Banking Group said it is offering investors of bonds that helped rescue the bank in the financial crisis the chance to swap them for up to 5 billion pounds ($8.4 billion) of debt instruments that meet new capital rules. Lloyds said it will offer institutional investors the option to exchange instruments, known …
- February 2014: Bond ETFs gathered some momentum last month Market Realist - Wed, 5 Mar, 2014 4:00 PM EST
From January 24 to February 26, investors appear to be piling into exchange-traded bond funds at the fastest pace ever.
- S&P raises Boston's bond rating to triple-A Reuters - Wed, 5 Mar, 2014 2:47 PM EST
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services raised its rating on Boston, Massachusetts, to triple-A on Wednesday, affecting the city's rougly $1.2 billion of outstanding GO debt The action came because of S&P's ...
- Recommendation: Key high yield and investment-grade bond ETFs Market Realist - Tue, 4 Mar, 2014 4:00 PM EST
Some well known high yield bond ETFs include the iShares iBoxx $ High Yield Corporate Bond (HYG), the SPDR Barclays Capital High Yield Bond ETF (JNK), and the PowerShares High Yield Corporate Bond (PHB)....
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency Assigns a Rating of A- to Senior Unsecured Notes Issued by Air Lease Corpor … Business Wire - Tue, 4 Mar, 2014 1:18 PM EST
Kroll Bond Rating Agency assigned a rating of A- to senior unsecured notes issued by Air Lease Corporation. Air Lease Corporation announced today the issuance of a tranche of senior unsecured notes scheduled to mature in 2021.
- Exposure to junk bonds: How much should you hedge? Market Realist - Fri, 28 Feb, 2014 12:00 PM EST
Junk bonds are high yield bonds issued by below–investment grade corporations. Due to the low ratings and high risk of default attached to these bonds, they're popularly called "junk bonds."
- The US 10-year bond: Why low inflation contains the bear market Market Realist - Fri, 28 Feb, 2014 12:00 PM EST
This article considers the ongoing decline in the ten-year interest rate and considers implications for fixed income investors.
- Why global growth is driving long-dated bond yields higher Market Realist - Thu, 27 Feb, 2014 4:46 PM EST
This article considers the improving real GDP growth rate in the U.S. economy and the implications for fixed income investors.
- Do Municipal Bonds Have a Place in My Portfolio? Thu, 27 Feb, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Consider the tax implications before adding a muni investment to your portfolio.
- Fitch: Proposed Pentagon Budget May Hurt Military Housing Bonds Business Wire - Wed, 26 Feb, 2014 2:02 PM EST
The proposal to reduce the U.S. active-duty armed forces, limit increases in basic allowances for housing and retire two aircraft fleets could be negative for some military