Dallas, Texas, March 04, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Astro Aerospace (ASDN), the company creating autonomous, eVTOL (Electric Vertical Takeoff and Landing) aerial vehicles and drones is excited to share their recent vehicle upgrades and a few features of its anticipated new model release.
After much success with the data from the September 2018 flight testing in Toronto, Canada, Astro has built upon their multiple flight results and has been busy over the past few months making further upgrades on the current Elroy model as well as developing plans for a new version, to be released Q3 2019
See September flight here
Some of Elroy’s upgrades we can discuss and a few to be shown at launch in Q3
* A new “industrial” patented design concept, with a modular, fold-able design and significantly improved payload and flight time capabilities.
* New triple redundant flight control system architecture – improving safety factors.
* New motor controller design – for improved high voltage operation and added humidity protection.
* New battery management system – for improved power control and increased flight time.
* New flight information displays – improving the terrain warning system at low altitude flights, adding a synthetic vision mode with height map overlays.
* New larger customized propellers for increased efficiency
Astro CEO Bruce Bent says, “In a constantly evolving market, we understand the value and necessity of staying ahead of the curve and are very pleased with our recent technical upgrades, and are thrilled about the upcoming launch of our new Elroy model, along with other developments to enhance shareholders value”
The upgrades and design modifications have been in the works since September and Astro is anticipating testing the new revisions on their current, full scale model this coming Spring with the new model being released and flight tested in the Q3 (2019).
About Astro Aerospace
Astro Aerospace is the developer of the world’s most advanced, autonomous, short haul, eVTOL (Electric Vertical Takeoff and Landing) aerial vehicles.
Our mission is to make self-flying unmanned and manned vehicles available to anyone, at anytime, from anywhere, and to turn this new and exciting aircraft into a mainstream mode of transportation.
Our vision is “Flight Made Easy”.