- At Business Insider, we've reviewed many, many SUVs.
- We've been generally impressed with the versatility, luxury, performance, and technology of these formerly derided vehicles.
- Some of the best SUVs we've tested include the Alfa Romeo Stelvio, the Volvo XC90, and the Jaguar F-Pace.
SUVs were once disgraced as gas-guzzling horrors that rode like trucks and couldn't hold a sporting candle to proper performance cars.
That's all changed, in one of the biggest reversals of fortunes in the history of the auto industry. Cheap gas and changing consumer preferences have doomed the sedan and the sports car, while SUV sales have boomed for years.
So to meet surging consumer demand, automakers are selling a lot of utes. We've tested many of them over the past few years, ranging from very small cute utes to large full-size family haulers.
For the record, I've referred to the as-tested price for all these vehicles, but like most media outlets, we typically don't sample the base version of a car or truck. So if you're in the market for an SUV, a good rule of thumb is that you can probably buy one of the vehicles for less.
- Tesla's problems are mounting — here's everything that has gone wrong so far this year
- Elon Musk reveals new details about how Tesla is restructuring
- Another Southwest flight forced to make terrifying emergency landing after cabin loses pressure