- Apple usually launches new Apple Watch models in September.
- A regulatory filing from the Eurasian Economic Commission names six new model numbers.
- Rumors suggest the new Apple Watch could have a larger screen, better battery life, and new health features.
A new government filing from the Eurasian Economic Commission suggests that Apple is preparing six new Apple Watch models for launch in the near future.
The filings are required for encrypted devices sold in several Eastern European countries, including Russia.
Rumors suggest that Apple is working on new Apple Watch models with larger screens, better health sensors, and longer battery life.
Apple has not changed the physical design of the Apple Watch since the device first went on sale in 2015. This seems likely to be the year in which Apple launches an updated design if the Apple Watch models end up having a larger screen as rumored.
Apple has revealed new iPhones in September every year since 2012. The past two years it has also launched new Apple Watch models at its annual event.
Apple observers are speculating that Apple will hold an iPhone launch event early in September, possibly September 12, though a date has not yet been publicly announced.
The Eurasian filings basically confirm that Apple is planning to launch new Apple Watch models next month. Similar filings from the same regulatory commission have surfaced in the weeks before new iPads and iPhones have launched.
NOW WATCH: What's going on with Elon Musk
- As a longtime Spotify devotee, I'm always shocked people don't know about one of its best features — here's how to use it
- The best-kept secret in smartphones is coming to a US carrier for the first time ever
- A 16-year-old managed to hack Apple, steal a whole bunch of secure files, and access customer accounts