- Is a university degree still a good investment?
Experts say a post-secondary education is still the best long-term investment a student can make in his/her career across a wide-range of professions.
- Student debt, dismal job prospects threaten Canada’s economy
It's easy to dismiss student debt as a right of passage for university students, but economists warn rising debt loads have a wider impact on the overall Canadian economy.
- Students continue to choose degrees with low-earning potential: CIBC
A B.A. in Elizabethan poetry isn’t going to get you as far as a degree in computer engineering.
- 15 careers that don't require a university degree
The saying "the higher the education, the higher the salary" isn't always the case. There are a number of career options that don't require a university degree - though most do require … More »15 careers that don't require a university degree
- Personal Finance 101: Student life
University students and parents take note: September marks a new chapter in your financial lives.
- MUN students unhappy paying credit card surcharge for tuition
Some students at Memorial University are not pleased with a new surcharge for using credit cards to pay for tuition.
- 5 hidden costs of university
Chances are you've factored in the cost of tuition, books and housing. But here are five additional costs you may not have budgeted for...
- Student budgets: Living on a fixed income while in school
University and college students gearing up to hit the books this fall have no choice but to think about time management: How to fit study sessions in between all those classes and pub crawls? Add money …
- Student debt: A hard lesson in higher education
School may be out for summer but the hard lessons are just starting for students trying to finance a post-secondary education in the fall. Older folks can talk all they want about how tough it was back …
- TFSA or RESP? What’s the better deal?
Putting a child through college or university can cripple a parent’s finances. As most savvy mothers and fathers know, the government offers some help through the Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP), …
- Graduating: Plan for student debt
With a daughter who graduated from university last year and landed a job in mass media arts, Robert Stammers is one proud father. He’s also quick to acknowledge that she’ll be paying for her education …
- Canada’s grad students: overeducated, underemployed
After years of toiling in Canada's hallowed halls, the future looks bleak for the country's postgraduate students thanks to an anemic labour market with few job prospects for teachers, lawyers and surgeons. …