- German brewers worry fracking will compromise beer quality CBC - 8 hours ago
German brewers are worried that fracking, the process of extracting natural gas from underground shale deposits, will jeopardize the quality of their beer by contaminating the water supply and have asked ...
- Environmental services company Tervita opens Saskatoon office The Canadian Press - 16 hours ago
SASKATOON - A North American environmental and energy services company has opened an office in Saskatoon.
- Clumsy crane operator sends tree crashing, cutting power to one-third of Vietnam The Canadian Press - Thu, 23 May, 2013 9:15 AM EDT
- Solar plane lands in Texas, completes 2nd leg of trip intended to boost clean energy interest The Canadian Press - Thu, 23 May, 2013 7:31 AM EDT
- Electric carmaker Tesla pays off U.S. loan Reuters - Wed, 22 May, 2013 5:51 PM EDT
- North American markets climb on gold, energy gains and positive Fed speeches The Canadian Press - Tue, 21 May, 2013 4:57 PM EDT
- Moniz, sworn in as energy secretary, delays action on LNG exports while he studies data The Canadian Press - Tue, 21 May, 2013 4:45 PM EDT
- Toronto surges on gold, energy issues Baystreet.ca - Tue, 21 May, 2013 4:24 PM EDT
A sign that the U.S. Federal Reserve may not be putting the brakes on its aggressive monetary stimulus program any time soon sent North American markets higher Tuesday.The S&P/TSX composite index gained ...
- Exclusive: EU wants to exclude utilities from U.S. trade talks Reuters - Tue, 21 May, 2013 10:47 AM EDT
The European Union wants to exclude much of the utility sector from a prospective EU-U.S. free trade agreement in order to protect government controlled infrastructure, the latest draft of the EU's mandate ...
- Tesla Motors may repay U.S. loan by Wednesday: CEO Reuters - Mon, 20 May, 2013 9:36 PM EDT
- Chesapeake Energy hires Anadarko executive as CEO Reuters - Mon, 20 May, 2013 12:56 PM EDT
- Militias attack gas complex western Libya, injuring 2 The Canadian Press - Mon, 20 May, 2013 11:56 AM EDT
TRIPOLI, Libya - A Libyan gas company official says militiamen have attacked a natural gas complex in the country's west, injuring two guards and stealing weapons and military vehicles.
- Chesapeake appoints Anadarko Petroleum's Robert Douglas Lawler as its new CEO The Canadian Press - Mon, 20 May, 2013 9:06 AM EDT
OKLAHOMA CITY - Chesapeake Energy has named Anadarko Petroleum executive Robert Douglas Lawler as its new CEO.
- Obama admin endorses Texas LNG export project; 2nd project to get Energy Dept. backing The Canadian Press - Fri, 17 May, 2013 5:48 PM EDT
WASHINGTON - The Energy Department on Friday conditionally approved a Texas company's proposal to export liquefied natural gas, only the second such project allowed to move forward amid a production boom ...
- Hydro-Quebec Q1 profits increase 1.7 per cent to $1.36 billion on higher exports The Canadian Press - Fri, 17 May, 2013 5:26 PM EDT
MONTREAL - Hydro-Quebec says it earned $1.36 billion in its latest quarter, up from $1.34 billion a year ago, helped by higher electricity sales and exports.
- TSX rises as gold miners lone sore spot Reuters - Fri, 17 May, 2013 4:49 PM EDT
Canada's main stock index rose on Friday as robust economic data helped drive gains in energy stocks and financial shares, offsetting weakness in gold producers. The materials sector, a major component ...
- US rig count stays at 1,769, down from a year-ago count of 1,986 The Canadian Press - Fri, 17 May, 2013 1:41 PM EDT
HOUSTON - Oilfield services company Baker Hughes Inc. says the number of rigs actively exploring for oil and natural gas in the U.S. remains unchanged this week, at 1,769.
- Budget watchdog says AECL to cost taxpayers additional $236 million this year The Canadian Press - Fri, 17 May, 2013 1:15 PM EDT
OTTAWA - Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. is continuing to be a money pit for taxpayers.
- China's State Grid to buy stake in Australian electricity network for $802 million The Canadian Press - Fri, 17 May, 2013 4:19 AM EDT
SYDNEY - China's State Grid Corp. is buying a stake in an Australian electricity network company for about $800 million.
- New Interior Department drilling rule relies on industry-sponsored database The Canadian Press - Thu, 16 May, 2013 6:33 PM EDT
- Study: Natural gas fracking hasn't polluted Arkansas water, but geology there plays a role The Canadian Press - Thu, 16 May, 2013 6:00 PM EDT
PITTSBURGH, Pa. - Hydraulic fracturing for natural gas hasn't contaminated drinking water wells in Arkansas, according to a new study, but researchers said the geology there may be more of a natural barrier ...
- Canada's NEB approves proposed Trans Mountain pipeline tolls Reuters - Thu, 16 May, 2013 5:25 PM EDT
Canada's National Energy Board approved on Thursday the toll methodology that will be put in place by Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP if its proposed Trans Mountain pipeline expansion goes ahead. Kinder ...
- Cyprus finance minister says preselling gas reserves an option to pull country out of crisis The Canadian Press - Thu, 16 May, 2013 3:24 PM EDT
- Senate unanimously confirms Energy nominee Ernest Moniz The Canadian Press - Thu, 16 May, 2013 3:14 PM EDT
- TransCanada sells 45 per cent stake in two U.S. pipelines for $1.05 billion The Canadian Press - Wed, 15 May, 2013 4:44 PM EDT
CALGARY - TransCanada Corp. (TSX:TRP) is selling a 45 per cent stake in two natural gas pipelines to its U.S. subsidiary for $1.05 billion.
- Harper heads to New York to face grilling on Canada's environmental record The Canadian Press - Wed, 15 May, 2013 1:34 PM EDT
- Canada factory sales dip 0.3 percent in March on energy, chemicals Reuters - Wed, 15 May, 2013 8:33 AM EDT
Canadian factory sales edged down 0.3 percent in March from February, due mainly to weaker sales in the petroleum and coal products and chemical manufacturing industries, according to Statistics Canada ...
- TSX up on energy and industrials; BlackBerry falls Reuters - Tue, 14 May, 2013 5:08 PM EDT
Toronto's main stock index rose on Tuesday, as energy and industrial stocks rose in tandem with gains in U.S. stocks, more than offsetting pullbacks in key stocks such as BlackBerry and Bombardier Inc ...
- Oil slides as IEA sees surging US crude output, slowing global demand The Canadian Press - Tue, 14 May, 2013 4:12 PM EDT
- Supply glut pushing oil prices lower CBC - Tue, 14 May, 2013 2:11 PM EDT
An oversupply of oil from new sources across North America is keeping crude prices depressed, the International Energy Agency said in a report Tuesday.
- Turkey says energy deal reached with Exxon Mobil for oil exploration in Iraqi Kurdish region The Canadian Press - Tue, 14 May, 2013 12:03 PM EDT
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey says its state-run petroleum company has reached a deal with U.S. company Exxon Mobil to explore for oil in northern Iraq.
- TSX drops as China data fuels resources dip Reuters - Mon, 13 May, 2013 4:38 PM EDT
- Ithaca Energy says Valiant takeover puts it on track to create mid-cap producer The Canadian Press - Mon, 13 May, 2013 7:25 AM EDT
ABERDEEN, Scotland - Ithaca Energy Inc. (TSXV:IAE) says the integration of recently acquired Valiant Petroleum PLC is progressing well, putting the combined company on track to be a mid-cap North Sea oil ...
- Exclusive: U.S. decision on Keystone XL pipeline seen dragging past summer Reuters - Fri, 10 May, 2013 8:41 PM EDT
- As Arctic thaws, global rivalries and lucrative resources spur security concerns The Canadian Press - Fri, 10 May, 2013 6:31 PM EDT