Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l9sg46/reinsurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Reinsurance in Japan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016" report to their offering.
The Japanese reinsurance segment was severely affected by the earthquake and subsequent tsunami that resulted in one of the largest natural disasters in the history of Japan after World War II. Immediately after the Tohoku earthquake that hit Japan in March 2011, renewals in April 2011 demonstrated the reinsurance industry's ability to operate during difficult times.
Reasons to Buy:
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Japanese reinsurance market and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Japanese reinsurance market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the reinsurance market
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Japanese insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future
- The rise in aging population and decline in birth rate are expected to drive the growth of the life and non-life insurance segments, with the former expected to record a forecast-period CAGR of 4.5% and the latter expected to record a forecast-period CAGR of 1.0%.
- The Japanese exposure towards natural disasters makes strong reinsurance coverage essential to the insurance industry and economy.
- An increase in property insurance premiums is expected to drive the growth of the Japanese non-life insurance segment.
- Following the global financial crisis of 2009, the premium ceded to reinsurance by Japanese direct insurers increased in the non-life and personal accident and health insurance segments but decreased in the life insurance segment.
- This shifted the global attention on risk assessment and risk management to Japan and the Asia-Pacific region, increasing reinsurance costs by 20% regionally and more in the case of Japan.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Japanese Insurance Industry Attractiveness
3.1 Insurance Industry
3.2 Reinsurance Growth Dynamics and Challenges
4 Key Industry Trends and Drivers
4.1 Fundamental Business Drivers
4.2 Life Insurance Segment Drivers
4.3 Non-Life Insurance Segment Drivers
4.4 Personal Accident and Health Insurance Segment Drivers
5 Competitive Landscape and Strategic Insights
5.2 List of Companies in the Japanese Reinsurance Segment
5.3 Toa Reinsurance Company - Company Overview
5.4 Japan Earthquake Reinsurance - Company Overview
6 Business Environment and Country Risk
6.1 Business Confidence
6.2 Economic Performance
6.3 Infrastructure Quality and Availability
6.4 Labor Force
6.6 Political and Social Risk
- Toa Reinsurance Company
- Japan Earthquake Reinsurance Company Limited
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l9sg46/reinsurance_in