Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kc5b7d/analysis_of_the) has announced the addition of Frost & Sullivan's new report "Analysis of the Latin American Large Hydro Turbine Markets: Investments in the Brazilian Market Provide Medium-term Momentum" to their offering.
This research service examines the large hydro turbine market in Latin America, which is segmented into the following product segments: Kaplan, Pelton, and Francis turbines. The region has significant potential due to Brazil's Energy Expansion Program. In this study, the market is strictly associated with hydro power plants, which can be developed or restrained according to hydro power supportive policies and financing. This research service provides installed capacity and revenue forecasts, along with a market share and competitive analysis for participants in the region. Furthermore, conclusions about the future of the market are included. The base year is 2012, and the forecasts run until 2017.
- The large hydro turbine market is unstable, but highly predictable and consolidated in the short and the medium terms. However, competitive conditions may fluctuate substantially when large hydropower projects enter the market.
- A slight reduction in the cost of large hydro turbines (LHTs) is expected through the forecast period by means of improvements in production processes, such as greater flexibility.
- Turbine costs per MW show a decreasing trend as well, especially with increasing units sold during a single operation. However, high-end products featuring an extra degree of sophistication indicate the opposite trend.
- Although Brazil is the leading provider of hydroelectric power, Andean countries will provide better conditions for this type of electricity generation by the end of the forecast period.
- Key competitive factors for LHT original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) include the ability to self-finance, a solid and local structure of suppliers, as well as flexible production by means of differentiated capabilities in the region.
- Hydropower projects are significant but scarce. Therefore, in order to participate in these types of projects, it is crucial for turbine suppliers to offer a wide portfolio of products and services, namely electromechanical and civil engineering contracts.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How is the large hydro turbine market structured?
- What are the main drivers and restraints underlying the growth of the large hydro turbine market?
- Which segments offer the best opportunities for growth?
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What revenue forecasts can be expected for the large hydro turbine market from 2013 to 2017?
- Is the market comprised of international or local companies?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Kaplan Turbine Segment Breakdown
4. Francis Turbine Segment Breakdown
5. Pelton Turbine Segment Breakdown
6. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/kc5b7d/analysis_of_the
Source: Frost & Sullivan