LAVAL, QC, May 29, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - The Société de transport de Laval invites you to its Open House on Sunday, June 2, 2013, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., at 2250 avenue Francis-Hughes in Laval. Come meet the drivers, visionary administrators, bus route planning specialists, meticulous mechanics and other enthusiastic employees driven by a spirit of innovation and a concern to provide you with good service.
Activities include a guided tour of our maintenance shops, a test drive of our fully-electric bus, a chance to meet employees who are committed to satisfying public transit users, entertainment for the whole family, drawings and even more!
Free shuttle service to and from Montmorency terminus, pier number 5, and the STL's headquarters. Departures every 30 minutes, 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
The STL's last Open House took place in 1997, and attracted over 1500 people.
The STL, Facts and Figures
- The STL operates over 20 million trips annually.
- The STL has rolled out its STL Synchro system, which informs transit users, in real time, about bus schedules and progress along its routes.
- The overhaul of its bus network, made necessary by the extension of the metro to Laval, gave rise to a 32% increase in service, faster trips, more direct bus routes and an increase in ridership outside rush hours, on evenings and weekends, on 12 routes.
- The fare policy is aimed at encouraging families to use public transit: an adult paying a regular fare on weekends and holidays may be accompanied by up to five children of 11 years of age or under at no extra charge. This policy also applies to every summer day from July 1 to Labour Day. Moreover, the $1 fare on smog alert days in summer is a first in Québec.
- The STL has also teamed up with the Association québécoise de lutte contre la pollution atmosphérique, Communauto and The Carpooling Network, to promote sustainable transportation in Laval.
- All of the vehicles on the STL's fleet use B5 biodiesel fuel.
- The STL announces news and service notices on its Facebook and Twitter pages.
- The STL offers its transit users the opportunity to register on My STL in order to receive notices on the bus routes that they usually take and obtain information on what's new at the STL.
- Since the introduction of its Vehicle Scheduling Control System in 2009, the STL has increased its on-time performance to nearly 90%.
- The STL has received a number of awards of distinction, including the Grand Prix for excellence in public transit from the AQTR in 2010, ranking it as an outstanding corporation.
- In 2011, the STL received the Communication Grand Public award from the AQTR for its Smog Alert program.
- In May 2012, the STL launched its new service: STL Sustainable Mobility Solution, designed for companies and organizations concerned about finding ways of more efficiently managing their employees' commutes.
- In May 2012, the Canadian Urban Transit Association (CUTA) presented the STL with its Corporate Leadership Award, in the Innovation category, for its CLIC project: carpooling with electric vehicles.
- In November 2012, the STL signed the Charter on Sustainable Development of the UITP (International Association of Public Transport), as a pledge signatory.
- In March 2013, the STL became the first public transit corporation in Québec to be certified as a "Healthy Enterprise".
SOURCE: Société de transport de Laval
Director, Communications & marketing
Société de transport de Laval