- Is It Time to Invest in Australia? Investopedia - 13 hours ago
Australia a country rich in natural resources and one increasingly gaining attention from investors. Is it time to put some of your international allocation to work in Australia?
- Stop Keeping Up With The Joneses - They're Broke Investopedia - 17 hours ago
Conspicuous consumption could be robbing you of future wealth.
- Wal-Mart Uses Rigorous Cost Control To Offset Weaker Sales Investopedia - Fri, 17 May, 2013 2:30 PM EDT
Sluggish sales growth at Wal-Mart isn't a big surprise, but it could keep a lid on the stock.
- How Much Further Can Value Carry Autodesk? Investopedia - Fri, 17 May, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Autodesk comes up short again as the macro environment stays soft.
- A Day In The Life Of A CFO Investopedia - Fri, 17 May, 2013 9:06 AM EDT
What would your life look like if you were CFO? We’ve interviewed three chief financial officers to find out.
- The Smith Maneuver: A Canadian Mortgage Tax-Deductible Plan Investopedia - Fri, 17 May, 2013 8:40 AM EDT
Canadian mortgages aren’t tax-deductible like the U.S.-based mortgages, but there's a way around this hurdle.
- Planning Your Second Career Investopedia - Fri, 17 May, 2013 8:35 AM EDT
A second career can provide opportunities whether you are worried about outliving your retirement savings, or you want to stay productive and do something meaningful later in life.
- The Yen is Setting up to be an Attractive Long-Term Investment Investopedia - Thu, 16 May, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
As Japan embarks on quantitative easing, the yen has come under pressure. Will it continue to be the source of big profits in the latter half of 2013?
- How To Start Saving For Retirement Investopedia - Thu, 16 May, 2013 11:55 AM EDT
If you establish these money-saving habits and patiently allow your wealth to build, you will be taking some huge steps forward in making your financial future more secure.
- Behavioral Bias - Cognitive Vs. Emotional Bias In Investing Investopedia - Thu, 16 May, 2013 10:00 AM EDT
We all have biases. The key to better investing is to identify those biases and create rules to minimize their effect.
- Parabolic SAR Buy Signals Investopedia - Wed, 15 May, 2013 6:00 PM EDT
The Parabolic SAR indicator is flashing "buy" in these four diverse stocks. Not simply relying on one indicator though, I take a look at the overall technical outlook and determine which ones ...
- If You Don't Mind Volatility, Deere Could Still Do Alright Investopedia - Wed, 15 May, 2013 2:30 PM EDT
Though Deere's shares sold off after earnings, the business model is sound and rolling along.
- Agilent Isn't Making It Easy On Investors Investopedia - Wed, 15 May, 2013 1:56 PM EDT
Core operating performance at Agilent needs to improve
- Know Your Stock Cost Basis Investopedia - Wed, 15 May, 2013 10:10 AM EDT
Understanding equity cost basis is critical for tracking the gains or losses of an investment.
- Why Governments Issue Foreign Bonds Investopedia - Tue, 14 May, 2013 1:45 PM EDT
Government bonds issued in foreign currency have drawn a growing amount of interest in recent years. This article explores why governments, particularly those in emerging markets, choose to denominate ...
- Roper A Little Short On Growth, But A Proven Builder Of Value Investopedia - Tue, 14 May, 2013 12:13 PM EDT
Roper's organic growth isn't great now, but the market's love for this M&A frequent flyer is unlikely to dim
- Designations For The Buy Side Investopedia - Tue, 14 May, 2013 9:22 AM EDT
For those interested in picking securities and financial planning, these certifications could be just what your buy-side financial career needs.
- Fact Sheet: What Is The Fortune 500 List? Investopedia - Tue, 14 May, 2013 7:00 AM EDT
The Fortune 500 is a list most have heard of but don't know much about. Here, we present the basics with a few interesting facts.
- Sell In May – Yay Or Nay? Investopedia - Mon, 13 May, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Seasonal timing in the market, best personified by the adage, “Sell in May – Go away,” has long been the subject of debate among investors. The question remains: Is there anything to it?
- Consumer Spending As A Market Indicator Investopedia - Mon, 13 May, 2013 12:00 PM EDT
What people buy and where they shop can provide valuable information about the economy.
- 6 Tips For Selling Your Home Fast Investopedia - Mon, 13 May, 2013 10:45 AM EDT
Find out what you can do to stand out from the competition and make your home an easy sell.
- 6 Things You Think Add Value To Your Home - But Really Don't Investopedia - Sun, 12 May, 2013 8:00 AM EDT
Not everyone wants to spend their weekends shaping backyard topiaries. Even though you may enjoy the improvements you make to your house, it doesn't mean that they'll increase its value.
- Depreciation: Straight-Line Vs. Double-Declining Methods Investopedia - Sat, 11 May, 2013 11:00 AM EDT
Appreciate the different methods used to describe how book value is "used up".
- The Economics Of Stay-At-Home Moms Investopedia - Fri, 10 May, 2013 9:00 AM EDT
If an at-home mom was getting paid for all of the work she does, how much would she get?
- Trade Forex On Herd Instinct Investopedia - Thu, 9 May, 2013 5:00 PM EDT
Use caution and commonsense when making trades according to herd instinct – use stop losses, avoid complacency and plan your exit strategy.
- An Introduction To The Keogh Retirement Plan Investopedia - Thu, 9 May, 2013 12:51 PM EDT
Learn more about this popular defined-contribution retirement plan that many business owners, proprietors, and self-employed people can benefit from.
- An Introduction To The CMA Designation Investopedia - Thu, 9 May, 2013 9:18 AM EDT
Learn what the Certified Management Accountant designation is, how to get it and what it can do for your accounting career.
- Why Your Pension Plan Has Sovereign Debt In It Investopedia - Wed, 8 May, 2013 2:30 PM EDT
One type of security pensions tend to invest in is sovereign debt, or debt issued by a government.
- Emerson – More Realistic, But Not Necessarily Better Investopedia - Wed, 8 May, 2013 2:28 PM EDT
Emerson's relative performance may be positive, but the net value is still lacking
- Mondelez Isn't As Good As Nestle, But Priced Like It Is Investopedia - Wed, 8 May, 2013 1:48 PM EDT
Investors seem to bullish on Mondelez, given the relative performance at Kellogg and Nestle.
- Women: Invest In Your Financial Literacy Investopedia - Wed, 8 May, 2013 12:15 PM EDT
Learning about money may seem intimidating, but it's not as hard as it looks.
- 4 Behavioral Biases And How To Avoid Them Investopedia - Wed, 8 May, 2013 11:10 AM EDT
Here are four common common behavioral biases for traders and how to minimize their effects on your portoflio.
- Decline Of The Independent Broker-Dealer Investopedia - Wed, 8 May, 2013 9:09 AM EDT
Since the financial crisis of 2008-2009 the numbers of independent broker-dealers have been steadily declining. Find out why, and if the trend will continue.
- What's On A Consumer Credit Report? Investopedia - Tue, 7 May, 2013 12:45 PM EDT
A look at the various components and considerations that go into one's credit report and credit score.
- Check Point Software Could Be A Second-Half Rebounder Investopedia - Mon, 6 May, 2013 12:40 PM EDT
If Check Point can reignite growth, the stock is much too cheap.