- Small indulgences: Why raising kids is costing more than it should GoldenGirlFinance.com - 10 hours ago
In 2011, MoneySense magazine estimated the total cost of raising a kid in Canada: $243,660. That amounts to a cost of about $1.45 for every hour of your child’s life. Fortunately, many parenting experts ...
- The Jolie Gene: What does it all cost? GoldenGirlFinance.com - Mon, 17 Jun, 2013 11:31 AM EDT
Last month, Angelina Jolie stunned the world with a New York Times op/ed titled, “My Medical Choice”. Angelina confessed she had undergone a preventative double mastectomy and breast reconstruction as ...
- Top 5 post-tax season tips GoldenGirlFinance.com - Thu, 13 Jun, 2013 12:49 PM EDT
The summer season brings warmer weather, cottage plans and most importantly, the end of tax season. But before you close the books on your personal finances for another year, Sun Life’s financial advisor ...
- If Kim and Kanye need life insurance, maybe you do too GoldenGirlFinance.com - Thu, 13 Jun, 2013 12:07 PM EDT
We don’t often think of celebrities as role models of financial responsibility. Despite all the tabloid images of celebrities who are just like us (“They eat lunch!” “They wear flip flops!” “They buy toilet ...
- How to spend your tax refund and other cautionary tax tales GoldenGirlFinance.com - Wed, 12 Jun, 2013 11:22 AM EDT
Have you received a “tax refund”? It’s around this time of year that taxpayers get Notices of Assessment from the CRA. Sometimes that means a cheque. Sometimes it means a nasty tax bill. So what will you ...
- Understanding the income potential of Pinterest GoldenGirlFinance.com - Wed, 12 Jun, 2013 11:21 AM EDT
When Pinterest burst onto the social networking scene in 2010, it became an instant success. Today, the popular networking site records more than 10 million unique visitors a month and maintains a growing ...
- The case for a more active portfolio management strategy GoldenGirlFinance.com - Tue, 11 Jun, 2013 12:27 PM EDT
Even for experienced investors, active trading can be a tough sell. Too often, we assume it means hours in front of a computer screen every day, monitoring stocks for a profitable movement. And it can ...
- Are we on Target? Checking out Canada’s newest discount retailer GoldenGirlFinance.com - Mon, 10 Jun, 2013 1:33 PM EDT
- 6 money lessons you can learn from the movies GoldenGirlFinance.com - Mon, 10 Jun, 2013 1:26 PM EDT
Whether you go to the movies on a date, as an escape or just for the popcorn, you probably aren’t looking for a life lesson. But that doesn’t mean you can’t learn a thing or two. Indeed, if there’s any ...
- Why student debt is a bigger deal than you think GoldenGirlFinance.com - Mon, 10 Jun, 2013 8:17 AM EDT
- Will tweet for cash GoldenGirlFinance.com - Fri, 7 Jun, 2013 1:24 PM EDT
How much is one 140-character tweet worth? Well, if you’re Kim Kardashian, that quick snippet could be worth $10,000. Charlie Sheen has raked in close to $9,500 for his social media savvy, while Lindsay ...
- U.S. citizens living in Canada: Are you ready to come out of the closet? GoldenGirlFinance.com - Thu, 6 Jun, 2013 12:25 PM EDT
There are certain things a girl would prefer to keep private. Her weight. Her age. Her inability to drive a manual car. But coming soon, her U.S. citizenship won’t be one of them.
- The process of buying and selling stocks GoldenGirlFinance.com - Thu, 6 Jun, 2013 12:23 PM EDT
You’ve heard of a filmmaker. You’ve heard of a money-maker. You’ve even heard of a baby-maker. But what the heck is a market maker?
- How does Warren Buffett look at his portfolio? GoldenGirlFinance.com - Wed, 5 Jun, 2013 12:46 PM EDT
Investors in Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffett's investment holding company, were considerably happier at this year's AGM. Even for the Oracle of Omaha, the financial crisis has caused some tough moments. ...
- A little financial advice for new graduates GoldenGirlFinance.com - Wed, 5 Jun, 2013 12:40 PM EDT
It’s commencement season. All across the country through June, university and college students finally get their robes, mortarboards, and rolled-up diplomas. And then there’s the big question: Now what? ...
- Liz Claman: Behind the scenes at Berkshire Hathaway’s annual shareholder meeting GoldenGirlFinance.com - Tue, 4 Jun, 2013 1:00 PM EDT
Last month, we chatted with Emmy Award-winning journalist and FOX Business Network anchor Liz Claman about Warren Buffett - the unparalleled stock picker she’s had the privilege of interviewing more than ...
- Let’s get crafty! The rise of handmade crafts and Etsy GoldenGirlFinance.com - Tue, 4 Jun, 2013 12:54 PM EDT
We’ve all been there. A birthday of a special someone is right around the corner and after hours of roaming the local mall, you still haven’t been able to find the right gift. Of course, you could always ...
- Lessons from Kelly Killoren Bensimon: A Real Housewife with real appeal GoldenGirlFinance.com - Tue, 4 Jun, 2013 12:47 PM EDT
If you’ve ever watched an episode of The Real Housewives, then you know how mesmerizing it can be. The women seem to live in a world of luxury with champagne problems that most of us will only ever know ...
- Before jumping into stocks, ask the right question! GoldenGirlFinance.com - Tue, 4 Jun, 2013 9:53 AM EDT
- How to save for life’s surprises GoldenGirlFinance.com - Mon, 3 Jun, 2013 3:43 PM EDT
- 4 things fools overlook in the home-buying process GoldenGirlFinance.com - Mon, 3 Jun, 2013 1:19 PM EDT
Wise men say only fools rush in. Actually, Elvis said that. He was referring to love, but he could have been talking about real estate (he did have a seriously sweet pad). But contrary to wise words, buying ...
- 5 common money myths about divorce GoldenGirlFinance.com - Thu, 30 May, 2013 4:14 PM EDT
Myth #1: To be separated, one of the spouses has to be living outside of the family home.
- How to get rich slowly GoldenGirlFinance.com - Thu, 30 May, 2013 2:31 PM EDT
- How to get more and pay less on your car insurance GoldenGirlFinance.com - Thu, 30 May, 2013 2:17 PM EDT
- How to avoid 8 common traps when buying a car GoldenGirlFinance.com - Thu, 30 May, 2013 1:25 PM EDT
- How to deal with a problem boss and move on GoldenGirlFinance.com - Wed, 29 May, 2013 3:59 PM EDT
- How to get the corner office GoldenGirlFinance.com - Wed, 29 May, 2013 3:36 PM EDT
- How to overcome five obstacles to buying a house GoldenGirlFinance.com - Wed, 29 May, 2013 3:25 PM EDT
- How to get fired (gracefully) in 5 easy steps GoldenGirlFinance.com - Tue, 28 May, 2013 12:25 PM EDT
- Go beyond saving: 6 ways to invest your TFSA GoldenGirlFinance.com - Fri, 24 May, 2013 12:40 PM EDT
- How to avoid home renovation hell GoldenGirlFinance.com - Thu, 23 May, 2013 11:43 AM EDT
- TFSA traps that’ll cost you money – 5 things to watch out for GoldenGirlFinance.com - Wed, 22 May, 2013 4:51 PM EDT
- No easy answers when it comes to mortgage refinancing GoldenGirlFinance.com - Tue, 21 May, 2013 11:48 AM EDT
- Why do-it-yourself investors get into trouble GoldenGirlFinance.com - Tue, 21 May, 2013 11:43 AM EDT
It looks easy, doesn’t it? Just log on to your self-directed investment account, tap, tap, tap in a trade or two, and you’re done. And if your stock goes up, you’ve got bragging rights. Good for you! But ...
- How secure is your financial fortress? GoldenGirlFinance.com - Tue, 21 May, 2013 11:38 AM EDT