- Netflix Shares Soar After Earnings Beat CNBC - Mon, 22 Apr, 2013 4:28 PM EDT
Netflix reported quarterly earnings that beat market expectations on Monday. Shares spiked in the after-hours trading.
- Slovenia Bailout Still Looms Despite Debt Buyback CNBC - Wed, 17 Apr, 2013 6:14 AM EDT
Once heralded as a model for post-communist economic development, Slovenia is now seeking to avert an impending funding crisis on Wednesday with a bond auction that it hopes could help it avoid becoming ...
- Malta's Banks Could Face European Crackdown: Fitch CNBC - Wed, 17 Apr, 2013 6:14 AM EDT
Malta's banking sector is seven-times the size of its economy and proportionally bigger than that of Cyprus, but Fitch Ratings said although it is less at risk in the short-term, it could still fall foul ...
- Austerity Smackdown: 'Serious Errors' in Research CNBC - Wed, 17 Apr, 2013 6:14 AM EDT
Fiscal policies pursued by the U.S. and Europe could be called into question after a new study challenged influential research from Harvard economists Kenneth Rogoff and Carmen Reinhart.
- Gold's Future Is Anybody's Guess CNBC - Wed, 17 Apr, 2013 3:07 AM EDT
As gold bounces back from its worst two-day sell-off in 30 years that spooked investors and upset market estimates, analysts remain divided on where gold prices are headed from here.
- Not Concerned About Hard Landing in China: IMF CNBC - Wed, 17 Apr, 2013 2:50 AM EDT
The International Monetary Fund says it is not concerned "in any major way" about a hard landing in China, which has seen an unprecedented expansion in credit in recent years.
- Fund Managers Say Goodbye China, Hello Japan CNBC - Wed, 17 Apr, 2013 2:49 AM EDT
Growing investor bullishness over the outlook for Japan's economy is being met by evaporating optimism for China, according to a survey of fund managers.
- The Scariest Part of the 2-Day Gold Crash CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 3:32 PM EDT
What makes the two-day gold drop that much worse is no one is exactly sure why it happened.
- Billionaire Malone on wealth, death, and yachts CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 12:53 PM EDT
- Golden Whale? Wall Street Ponders Gold's Meltdown CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 12:13 PM EDT
The brutal meltdown in the price of gold Friday and Monday triggered speculation that someone was caught on the wrong side of a big trade betting and is being squeezed out of the market.
- Is Multi-Family Home Construction Overheating? CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 12:09 PM EDT
U.S. builders ratcheted up new construction, but the growth was entirely in apartment buildings. As rental demand shows no sign of slowing, multi-family housing starts are now running at a pace far higher ...
- Kudlow: Why Falling Gold Is a Good Thing CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 10:21 AM EDT
Larry Kudlow says gold's recent plunge to Reagan-era levels is actually a good thing, despite some panic.
- Dell Strikes Deal With Icahn to Stave Off Buyout CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 9:35 AM EDT
Dell announced on Tuesday that it had entered into an agreement with billionaire Carl Icahn, in which the activist investor would refrain from amassing any more than 10 percent of the company's stock.
- Coke Earnings Beat; Emerging Markets Catch the Wave CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 8:28 AM EDT
Coca-Cola reported first-quarter earnings on Wednesday that exceeded Wall Street's expectations, boosted by a rise in sales in Europe and emerging markets.
- Investment Banking Arm Juiced Goldman Earnings CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 8:28 AM EDT
Goldman Sachs reported first-quarter earnings on Wednesday that topped Wall Street's expectations, helped by higher revenue in its investment banking arm.
- Why Some Gold Bugs Are Still Hanging On CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 7:41 AM EDT
Gold may have suffered its biggest one-day decline ever this week as investors fall out of favor with the safe-haven asset, but that hasn't stopped some gold bulls from standing firm.
- Cramer: A Strong Stock for a Weak Economy CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 6:47 AM EDT
Although most stocks trade in tandem with the S&P 500 that's not always the case. And on Monday when the S&P slid more than 2%, this stock rallied more than 12%
- Why The Latest Anti-Euro Party Is a Major Concern CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 5:53 AM EDT
The rise of anti-euro parties in Europe is a warning sign for the region's unity and the single currency, analysts told CNBC on Tuesday, with the latest anti-euro party coming from Europe's powerhouse ...
- Italy's Two Options: Hardball or Consensus CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 5:53 AM EDT
Italian lawmakers will begin voting on Thursday to elect a new president, in the hope that they can end the country's political impasse, over which concerns are growing.
- UK Business Confidence Bouncing Back: Survey CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 5:02 AM EDT
Business confidence among chief financial officers in the U.K. rose for the third consecutive quarter, according to a survey by professional services firm Deloitte.
- How Norway Could Become a Victim of Its Own Success CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 5:02 AM EDT
As most of Europe falls prey to economic decline and austerity measures, Norway's booming economy is expected to grow a healthy 2.8 percent in 2013. But there could be trouble ahead, Erna Solberg, leader ...
- In Few Weeks Gold Will Be at $1,260: Chartist CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 2:56 AM EDT
he rise from $1,260 to $1,540 took 8 months. The market often falls more rapidly than it rises. The fall from $1,800 to $1,540 in 2012 took four months. The current market retreat from $1,800 has taken ...
- Market Tumble an Overdue Reality Check? CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 2:56 AM EDT
This week's sell-off in global financial markets, which has spared few asset classes, is a reflection of investors reassessing their outlook for the global economy, said investment strategists, as the ...
- Why the Aussie May Not Escape This Time CNBC - Tue, 16 Apr, 2013 2:56 AM EDT
The Australian dollar may have won a reprieve from Monday's sharp sell-off, but analysts say even this resilient currency will struggle to overcome global headwinds.
- Abramovich birth solves mystery of yacht's berth CNBC - Mon, 15 Apr, 2013 4:00 PM EDT
- 'Armageddon' Trade Is Off as Gold Tumbles CNBC - Mon, 15 Apr, 2013 3:30 PM EDT
Though the near-term ride could get bumpy, history suggests the sharp selloff in gold is unlikely to have a pronounced impact across other markets.
- Americans' Faith in Tax Fairness Hits 10-Year Low CNBC - Mon, 15 Apr, 2013 1:18 PM EDT
Overall, 55 percent of Americans think their taxes are fair, says a Gallup survey, the lowest rate since 2001. Only 49 percent of Republicans currently think their taxes are fair, compared with 66 percent ...
- Here's Why Gold Is Getting Crushed CNBC - Mon, 15 Apr, 2013 12:48 PM EDT
The sharp drop in gold was caused by a number of different factors, but margin calls may have over-extended the drop and forced many to liquidate their positions, said Thomas Vitiello, partner at Aurum ...
- Uh Oh, Obamacare Math Sinks In for Small Businesses CNBC - Mon, 15 Apr, 2013 11:22 AM EDT
Small-business owners are looking ahead to 2014, when the tax implications of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) begin to kick in. Also known as Obamacare, entrepreneurs are crunching numbers to make plans ...
- Rising Costs Hammer Home Builder Confidence CNBC - Mon, 15 Apr, 2013 11:07 AM EDT
Confidence among U.S. home builders fell in April, as concerns over lack of developed land lots and rising costs for building materials weighed heavily.
- Cramer:This 'Tipping Point' Great for Stocks CNBC - Mon, 15 Apr, 2013 10:42 AM EDT
The commodity markets have reached a key turning point, and U.S. equities will reap the benefits of lower costs as raw materials continue to slide, CNBC's Jim Cramer said.
- To Pay Bills, JCPenney Grabs Credit Card CNBC - Mon, 15 Apr, 2013 10:08 AM EDT
To pay for its ongoing spending, cash-strapped department store retailer J.C. Penney announced plans on Monday to draw down nearly half of its revolving credit facility.
- Citi Beats on Profit and Revenue; Shares Rise CNBC - Mon, 15 Apr, 2013 8:34 AM EDT
Citigroup's first-quarter earnings beat expectations on both profit and revenue thanks to improvements on loans and credit spreads, sending shares higher in premarket trading.
- Cramer's Game Plan for the Week Ahead CNBC - Mon, 15 Apr, 2013 6:52 AM EDT
Here's a look at what earnings reports the "Mad Money" host plans to monitor.
- Commodity Super Cycle Is Dead: Citi CNBC - Mon, 15 Apr, 2013 5:44 AM EDT
The super cycle in commodities has come to an end, according to researchers at Citi, who downgraded several mining stocks on Monday as metals prices have continued to decline since the start of the year....