- Bangladeshi garment factories reopen after 4-day shutdown CBC - 3 hours ago
Several hundred garment factories near the Bangladeshi capital, Dhaka, reopened Friday after a four-day shutdown caused by worker protests over pay and working conditions.
- 1 year later, Facebook stock remains below IPO price CBC - 3 hours ago
A year after Facebook's flashy IPO that valued the company at $104 billion, investors are skeptical about the company’s future.
- Cheaper gas pushes inflation lower CBC - Fri, 17 May, 2013 4:43 PM EDT
Canada's annual inflation rate fell sharply in April, from 1.0 per cent the previous month to 0.4 per cent largely on the back of lower gasoline prices.
- Retirement bad for health, think tank suggests CBC - Fri, 17 May, 2013 3:46 PM EDT
- Google buys B.C. firm's quantum computer for NASA lab CBC - Fri, 17 May, 2013 2:54 PM EDT
A quantum computer made by Burnaby, B.C.-based D-Wave Systems has been purchased by Google and installed at a NASA lab to solve problems requiring "creativity" — something that conventional computers ...
- EU moves to ban refillable olive oil bottles CBC - Fri, 17 May, 2013 1:22 PM EDT
The small glass bottle filled, and refilled, with golden olive oil has long been a staple on many restaurant tables across Europe. Now, the European Union is going to ban it.
- Canadians trimming food budgets in face of higher prices, RBC says CBC - Fri, 17 May, 2013 1:29 AM EDT
Canadian families are planning to cut back on the amount they spend at the grocery store in the face of rising food prices, a new report from one of Canada's largest banks said Thursday.
- CPP shows 10% return on investments last year CBC - Fri, 17 May, 2013 1:29 AM EDT
Canada's national pension plan gained $21.7 billion in assets in its last fiscal year, a return on investment of more than 10 per cent and better than five times the current inflation rate.
- Telus agrees to take over Mobilicity for $380M CBC - Thu, 16 May, 2013 9:58 PM EDT
Telus has agreed to purchase wireless upstart and rival Mobilicity for $380 million.
- Keystone XL pipeline 'needs to go ahead,' Harper tells U.S CBC - Thu, 16 May, 2013 7:07 PM EDT
Prime Minister Stephen Harper told an American audience today that the Keystone XL pipeline "absolutely needs to go ahead."
- NASA, Google buy quantum computer from B.C. firm CBC - Thu, 16 May, 2013 4:31 PM EDT
A quantum computer has been purchased from Burnaby, B.C.-based D-Wave Systems by a NASA-led group that aims to solve problems requiring creativity — something that conventional computers aren't good at....
- RCMP probe more SNC officials over alleged bribes CBC - Thu, 16 May, 2013 12:47 PM EDT
CBC News has learned from a confidential source that RCMP are investigating a number of senior employees of SNC-Lavalin International Inc. over who knew about and who approved alleged bribes paid through ...
- Canadian housing market flat again in April CBC - Wed, 15 May, 2013 10:22 PM EDT
The average price of a Canadian home inched slightly higher to $380,588 in April, even as a decline in the number of homes sold suggested a modest real estate slowdown is underway.
- Competition Bureau appeals dismissal of Toronto Real Estate Board case CBC - Wed, 15 May, 2013 4:23 PM EDT
The federal Competition Bureau has filed an appeal in Federal Court seeking to reverse the dismissal of its case against the Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB), which alleged the board was engaging in anti-competitive ...
- Mortgage lenders urge caution as regulator eyes more control CBC - Wed, 15 May, 2013 3:15 PM EDT
Mortgage lenders are urging Canada's top financial regulator to exercise caution amid reports that the agency is considering cracking down on terms for uninsured mortgages.
- Google Glass-like sport sunglasses unveiled by B.C. company CBC - Wed, 15 May, 2013 3:02 PM EDT
A pair of high-tech shades targeted at athletes was unveiled by a B.C. company Wednesday at Google's annual developer conference.
- Bangladesh retail pact prompts hope for real change CBC - Tue, 14 May, 2013 10:39 PM EDT
A handful of some of the world's largest retailers signing binding commitments about their supply chains in Bangladesh has many watchers hopeful the country will finally see real change in its growing ...
- BlackBerry unveils new phone, expands BBM to rival devices CBC - Tue, 14 May, 2013 10:39 PM EDT
BlackBerry chief executive officer Thorsten Heins showed off a new keyboard phone targeted at the developing world on Tuesday and says the company will extend its signature BBM messaging service to iPhones ...
- Toronto condo rents rise 10% in 2 years as rental demand outpaces sales CBC - Tue, 14 May, 2013 3:55 PM EDT
The rental market in Toronto condominiums is heating up, with increasing numbers of units being leased rather than sold and rents continuing to rise in the first quarter of 2013, an analysis by the market ...
- U.S. deficit much smaller than expected CBC - Tue, 14 May, 2013 3:05 PM EDT
The latest government estimate suggests America's budget deficit in the current year will come in well below what policymakers were expecting as recently as a few months ago.