- California Muni ETFs Plays as State Plans $1.6 Bond Sale ETF Trends - Thu, 6 Mar, 2014 3:58 PM EST
California is set to offer the largest general-obligation municipal bond sale since October. Investors interested in gaining targeted exposure to Californian muni debt can take a look at a couple exchange ...
- State Street’s Convertibles ETF Features New Tesla Bonds ETF Trends - Thu, 6 Mar, 2014 10:30 AM EST
The SPDR Barclays Convertible Securities ETF (NYSEArca: CWB) , the only U.S.-listed ETF devoted exclusively to convertible bonds, now features exposure to the recent offering from Elon Musk’s Tesla (NasdaqGS: ...
- Lloyds offers to buy back up to 5 bn stg of bonds Reuters - UK Focus - Thu, 6 Mar, 2014 6:16 AM EST
Lloyds Banking Group said it is offering investors of bonds that helped rescue the bank in the financial crisis the chance to swap them for up to 5 billion pounds ($8.4 billion) of debt instruments that meet new capital rules. Lloyds said it will offer institutional investors the option to exchange instruments, known …
- February 2014: Bond ETFs gathered some momentum last month Market Realist - Wed, 5 Mar, 2014 4:00 PM EST
From January 24 to February 26, investors appear to be piling into exchange-traded bond funds at the fastest pace ever.
- S&P raises Boston's bond rating to triple-A Reuters - Wed, 5 Mar, 2014 2:47 PM EST
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services raised its rating on Boston, Massachusetts, to triple-A on Wednesday, affecting the city's rougly $1.2 billion of outstanding GO debt The action came because of S&P's ...
- Recommendation: Key high yield and investment-grade bond ETFs Market Realist - Tue, 4 Mar, 2014 4:00 PM EST
Some well known high yield bond ETFs include the iShares iBoxx $ High Yield Corporate Bond (HYG), the SPDR Barclays Capital High Yield Bond ETF (JNK), and the PowerShares High Yield Corporate Bond (PHB)....
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency Assigns a Rating of A- to Senior Unsecured Notes Issued by Air Lease Corpor … Business Wire - Tue, 4 Mar, 2014 1:18 PM EST
Kroll Bond Rating Agency assigned a rating of A- to senior unsecured notes issued by Air Lease Corporation. Air Lease Corporation announced today the issuance of a tranche of senior unsecured notes scheduled to mature in 2021.
- Exposure to junk bonds: How much should you hedge? Market Realist - Fri, 28 Feb, 2014 12:00 PM EST
Junk bonds are high yield bonds issued by below–investment grade corporations. Due to the low ratings and high risk of default attached to these bonds, they're popularly called "junk bonds."
- The US 10-year bond: Why low inflation contains the bear market Market Realist - Fri, 28 Feb, 2014 12:00 PM EST
This article considers the ongoing decline in the ten-year interest rate and considers implications for fixed income investors.
- Why global growth is driving long-dated bond yields higher Market Realist - Thu, 27 Feb, 2014 4:46 PM EST
This article considers the improving real GDP growth rate in the U.S. economy and the implications for fixed income investors.
- Do Municipal Bonds Have a Place in My Portfolio? Thu, 27 Feb, 2014 7:00 AM EST
Consider the tax implications before adding a muni investment to your portfolio.
- Fitch: Proposed Pentagon Budget May Hurt Military Housing Bonds Business Wire - Wed, 26 Feb, 2014 2:02 PM EST
The proposal to reduce the U.S. active-duty armed forces, limit increases in basic allowances for housing and retire two aircraft fleets could be negative for some military
- Why high yield bonds improve portfolio returns when markets tumble Market Realist - Tue, 25 Feb, 2014 12:00 PM EST
To recognize the benefits of portfolio diversification from high yield bonds, one needs to look at the returns from various ETF portfolios and compare.
- Must know: Will leveraged loan ETFs soon outperform high yield bond ETFs Market Realist - Tue, 25 Feb, 2014 12:00 PM EST
Although high yield bonds have historically fetched good returns for their investors, yields seem to show a declining trend.
- Sorting Through Short-Duration Bond ETFs ETF Trends - Tue, 25 Feb, 2014 9:00 AM EST
Last year’s jump in 10-year Treasury yields spooked investors out of longer-dated bond exchange traded funds with the residual effect being substantial inflows to short-duration funds this year. “It is ...
- Price performance: High yield bond ETFs versus leveraged loan bond ETFs Market Realist - Tue, 25 Feb, 2014 8:00 AM EST
Bonds carry fixed interest rates, their payout remains the same, even in a rising interest rate environment.
- Fitch Rates Canada's USD3 Billion Global Bond 2019 'AAA' Business Wire - Mon, 24 Feb, 2014 2:18 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'AAA' rating to Canada's USD3 billion bond issuance maturing on Feb. 27, 2019. The bonds have a coupon rate of 1.625%.
- New Issue- IBRD adds 150 mln rand to 2016 bond Thu, 20 Feb, 2014 9:05 AM EST
Following are terms and conditions of a bond increased on Thursday. Borrower International Bank for Reconstruction and Development Issue Amount 150 million rand Maturity Date November 4, 2016 Coupon 6.25 ...
- Fitch Places Bernalillo County, NM Bonds on Rating Watch Negative Business Wire - Tue, 18 Feb, 2014 5:11 PM EST
Fitch Ratings has placed the following Bernalillo County, NM bonds on Rating Watch Negative:
- Fitch Upgrades Chickasaw Health System (OK) Rev Bonds to 'BBB'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Thu, 13 Feb, 2014 5:01 PM EST
Fitch Ratings takes the following rating action on Chickasaw Nation, OK bonds:
- Fitch Affirms 2 Classes of Tobacco-Related Litigation Settlement Bonds Business Wire - Thu, 13 Feb, 2014 2:35 PM EST
Fitch Ratings affirms the ratings of the following litigation settlement bonds . The classes are affirmed based on the domestic tobacco industry rating and their a
- Why do floating rate notes, or FRNs, differ from regular bonds? Market Realist - Mon, 10 Feb, 2014 8:00 AM EST
The U.S. Treasury Department’s latest issue on January 29, the floating rate note (or FRN) will fulfill two investor needs: participating in anticipated future interest rates increases and protecting principal ...
- Spain yields near 8-yr low as ECB bond plan referred to EU court Reuters - Fri, 7 Feb, 2014 8:15 AM EST
* Germany refers ECB's OMT to European Court of Justice * European court seen more likely to support ECB plan * Peripheral bond yields fall LONDON, Feb 7 (Reuters) - Spanish yields fell close to eight-year lows on Friday as investors bet a German court decision to refer a complaint against the ECB's bond-buying plan …
- ANALYST: Here's Why It's A Terrible Idea To Buy Individual Bonds Over Bonds Funds Business Insider - Thu, 6 Feb, 2014 5:31 PM EST
FA Insights is a daily newsletter from Business...
- Spain's Treasury to sell up to 5.5 bln euros in bonds on Thursday Reuters - Mon, 3 Feb, 2014 8:13 AM EST
Spain's Treasury said on Monday it will auction between 4.5 billion euros and 5.5 billion euros in 3-year and 5-year bonds on Thursday. The bond due April 30, 2017 bears a 2.1 percent coupon while the ...
- ETF Chart of the Day: Bond Bash ETF Trends - Thu, 30 Jan, 2014 11:30 AM EST
Even though bonds have staged an impressive rally throughout January of this year, with benchmark ETFs such as TLT (iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond, Expense Ratio 0.15%), which had a $101 handle ...
- Ziggo bond exchange to clear path for new 10-year paper Reuters - Thu, 30 Jan, 2014 5:30 AM EST
Liberty Global is curtailing capital markets acquisition financing risk for its purchase of Ziggo, via a bond exchange for the Dutch cable company's 2018 senior notes for new paper that potentially transform into 10-year bonds later this year. Liberty neatly circumvents the risk of raising a new bond that would have to …
- 3 Bond ETFs Kick Off 2014 with Strong Inflows Zacks - Wed, 29 Jan, 2014 1:33 PM EST
These ETFs are most popular among investors this year.
- An ETF for Lower Risk in Municipal Bond Portfolios ETF Trends - Wed, 29 Jan, 2014 7:30 AM EST
Municipal bond investors are concerned about default risk following the Detroit fiasco. However, a muni infrastructure exchange traded fund skirts the issue by investing in revenue generating projects. ...
- Update-Moody's upgrades Depfa's and EAA's covered bonds to A1 Reuters - UK Focus - Fri, 24 Jan, 2014 7:16 AM EST
Depfa ACS Bank and EAA Covered Bond Bank plc docid=PR_291074&WT.mc_id=NLTITLE_YYYYMMDD_PR_291074
- Moody's confirms Lakehaven Utility District's, WA senior lien water and sewer revenue bonds at Aa2 Thu, 23 Jan, 2014 6:08 PM EST
Moody's confirms Lakehaven Utility District's, WA senior lien water and sewer revenue bonds at Aa2
- It’s Not All Bad for Muni Bond ETFs ETF Trends - Wed, 22 Jan, 2014 1:19 PM EST
It is easy to get wrapped up in the sensational headlines surrounding the municipal bond market these days. Namely those pertaining to Detroit’s bankruptcy filing, Illinois’ unfunded pension obligations ...
- Ardagh forced to repay VNA acquisition bonds Reuters - Mon, 13 Jan, 2014 3:28 PM EST
Irish packaging firm Ardagh said on Monday that it would repay the USD1.6bn-worth of high-yield bonds it issued to finance its purchase of Verallia North America (VNA) after failing to meet a crucial deadline with US regulators on the acquisition. The company had hoped to reach a deal with the US Federal Trade Commission …
- Fitch Affirms Georgia Tech Athletic Association's Rev Bonds at 'A+'; Outlook Stable Business Wire - Thu, 9 Jan, 2014 5:36 PM EST
Fitch Ratings affirms its 'A+' rating on approximately $214.8 million of outstanding revenue bonds issued by the Fulton County Development Authority on behalf of Georgia Tech Athle
- Fitch Rates Indonesia's US Dollar Bonds at 'BBB-(EXP)' Reuters - Mon, 6 Jan, 2014 10:46 PM EST
HONG KONG, January 06 Fitch Ratings has assigned Indonesia's forthcoming US dollar-denominated global bonds due 2024 and 2044 an expected rating of 'BBB- '. The final rating is contingent on the receipt ...